+ Reply to Thread

On Chinese Olympics

I was corresponding with a chinese man a few days ago across the internet and I asked him about Tibet and he told me our (Western Media) is lying to us about the situation over there. I just don't understand how this is the case though, he claims that CNN and stuff are lying and not showing us the full story???

Anyone know anything about this?
    e gave me a few websites to collaborate his story, the funny thing is.. is that in these videos it talks about how Tibet is a free nation but is showing violence and oppression in the background. lol Maybe the Chinese arn't very good at propaganda?

He also told me Alaskans want to seperate from the union because I asked him "Well, doesn't tibet want to be free of China?" I have heard none of this either. Maybe China is feeding just as much propaganda...

Website.: http://www.anti-cnn.com/

WARNING: some of the stuff is pretty graphic.

Re: On Chinese Olympics

I'll have to differ with you... a bit. The Chinese are very good at 'propaganda'... keep in mind they are one of... if not THE oldest civilization on the planet. They know what they're doing... and they could care less about what the world thinks of them. I would recommend, as a starting point for reference

http://www.tibet.com

The official website of the Tibetan Government in Exile.

You-Tube videos are just that... You-Tube videos. They may or may not be accurate, but they sure fall into line with their poster's agendas (creative editing can be fun).
    :crazy1:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    I'll have to differ with you... a bit. The Chinese are very good at 'propaganda'... keep in mind they are one of... if not THE oldest civilization on the planet. They know what they're doing... and they could care less about what the world thinks of them. I would recommend, as a starting point for reference

http://www.tibet.com

The official website of the Tibetan Government in Exile.

You-Tube videos are just that... You-Tube videos. They may or may not be accurate, but they sure fall into line with their poster's agendas (creative editing can be fun).
    :crazy1:
    Hmm.
    Check your computer, PaulM.
    Run a virus scan, i clicked that website and a trojan tried to download itself.

But back on subject.
    That is some interesting information... The problems with Tibet don't seem too complicated, I mean as far as I know it seems like the "state?" of Tibet wants to be free of china's communist rule and wants a democratic state type of rule... the alligation tibet has ,is, and always will be part of china , I beleive is naive of the Chinese to claim, after all... I'm sure Brittain said the same about the 13 colonies in America and we all see what happened to that!!! :D

I'll check... haven't seen any silly pc activity, but ya never know... thanks.

From what I've read on Tibet you're right. They have always wanted autonomy from China. As I recall that's why the Dalai Lama left way-back-when.

Quote Originally Posted by USANE1988 View Post
    I mean as far as I know it seems like the "state?" of Tibet wants to be free of china's communist rule and wants a democratic state type of rule... :D
    Democratic? No. They want to be like Vatican, a religious monarchy. The same as it was before China took them by force.

6. 04-17-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
    Democratic? No. They want to be like Vatican, a religious monarchy. The same as it was before China took them by force.
    Ahhh ok. in what year did China take them by force? this may refute the "Has,is, and always will be part of china" thing the Chinese are claiming.

That slogan just sounds oppressive in it's contexts.

Quote Originally Posted by USANE1988 View Post
    Ahhh ok. in what year did China take them by force? this may refute the "Has,is, and always will be part of china" thing the Chinese are claiming.

That slogan just sounds oppressive in it's contexts.
    I'd have to look it up, but I think it may have been in the 50's