+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 22

  1. #1
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Expelled: the waste of time

    So anyone in the USA has seen the previews for this movie, but incase you're not in the USA,

    http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

    From watching the previews and the reviews of the pre-releases, is it just me or will this movie just be some creationists doing some video-verbal masturbating?

    Big Science has expelled "smart new ideas" from the classroom.
    What ideas has ID ever had that are new or smart? The closest thing to a new idea they have is what new things "God did" when they couldn't explain it any other way?


    Oh and this Ben Stein guy... the best I've ever seen him do is a two bit trivia game where you get to "Win Ben Stein's money" by answering more questions right than him. Really low jackpots and rediculously cheap sets too. I wonder if the movie was made with the same poor quality.

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    61

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Lord,

    Go watch the actual movie.

    Only a moron would bash a movie they have no idea about.

    Having been on the blogosphere about this movie most of the night...the idiots seem to have some pre-conceived notion about what all it is about.

    Go see the movie and see your kind as stupid as they can be.

    I learned that life formed on the backs of crytals...or were seeded by aliens......and then was told "oh but no one really knows for sure!"

    It seems clear that evolution is not a THEORY but is taught as fact as how man came into being.

  3. #3
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Nope. The reviews I was reading were posted by people who actually saw the movie. Pre-releases of it.

    Going to see the movie would support it. Every ticket they sell helps fund the next BS movie. Only by noone seeing it will they take a financial hit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,120

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    I am ashamed for Ben Stein. I always respected him, but why would he get involved with this moronic movie?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canton Michigan
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Your ashamed of him, I'll bet you he can't sleep at night.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    61

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    yeah Lord and every movie reviewer is spot on.

    Or maybe in this case has an agenda! :yelcutelaughA:

    Morons!

  7. #7
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchlady View Post
    yeah Lord and every movie reviewer is spot on.

    Or maybe in this case has an agenda! :yelcutelaughA:

    Morons!
    This movie is a farce. Only ignorant or people with a religious agenda believe Intelligent Design is anything more than religious dogma.

    The so-called "Expelled victims" in this movie are more victims of their own stupidity or dishonesty, rather than any evil science plot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Ben Stien, being a comic, I'm guessing spoof...but at the same time, I guess I'll have to see it before I can truly judge it as such...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

  9. #9
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    There is a site called "Expelled Exposed" which addresses the claims of Expelled in detail.

    "Expelled" is counting on the movie viewer being a bit naive regarding Evolution and more than a bit uninformed regarding the scientific community and how the peer review process works.

    By their logic, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is an acceptable alternative to be taught along side the Theory of Evolution.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    I watched this movie and even though I was a bit bored I really saw nothing wrong with the point of the movie.Everything the movie/documentary pointed out is factual.While not an entertainig flic it was not without perfect logic. It may be that those bashing the piece don't understand what the movie is actually about imho.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    It was my understanding that the ID crowd feel that their point of view is being unfairly excluded from scientific discussion. If that's the case I only have one thing to say to them...

    Tough shit.

    That's the way science works. If you have an alternative theory then the burden is on you to demonstrate it is capable of accounting for existing evidence at least as satisfactorily as the existing theory, and make new, falsifiable predictions. It is on this last point that ID fails so spectacularly.

    Even if it didn't, the proponents of ID seem to feel that they are being subjected to scrutiny that other scientific theories are not. That, however, is not the case. Any new idea in science is put the same ordeal of having everyone do everything they can to prove it wrong. That's precisely why science works, because only the theories that are able to withstand repeated attempts at falsification are accepted.

  12. #12
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Quote Originally Posted by jdaniels View Post
    I watched this movie and even though I was a bit bored I really saw nothing wrong with the point of the movie.Everything the movie/documentary pointed out is factual.While not an entertainig flic it was not without perfect logic. It may be that those bashing the piece don't understand what the movie is actually about imho.
    Really?...turns out not much in the movie is factual. The idea that there is a conspiracy in science to persecute those who promote ID is factually incorrect.

    You need to do some research before you perpetuate the lies of Ben Stein.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchlady View Post
    Lord,

    Go watch the actual movie.

    Only a moron would bash a movie they have no idea about.

    Having been on the blogosphere about this movie most of the night...the idiots seem to have some pre-conceived notion about what all it is about.

    Go see the movie and see your kind as stupid as they can be.

    I learned that life formed on the backs of crytals...or were seeded by aliens......and then was told "oh but no one really knows for sure!"

    It seems clear that evolution is not a THEORY but is taught as fact as how man came into being.
    Actually evolution has NOTHING to do with human beings. DARWINISM DOES.

    Evolution is the description of the FREE ENERGY DYNAMICS (dG), or Gibbs Free Energy), ENTROPIC, and MOLECULAR DYNAMICS and their effects on the 'evolution' of the UNIVERSE.

    Darwin used evolution as a MODEL for his theory because they both described a system which becomes progressively more ordered over time.

    Evolution has NOTHING to do with mankind, or life at all.

    I would much rather read a book with credible citations then watch a movie with ben stein.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    o and another thing

    The supreme court of the USA has ruled two things:

    1. ID does NOT fit the criteria to be considered a scientific field

    2. ID IS creationism, and IS a religious abberation, it is being banned from schools as we speak (this decision was made because the supreme court managed to aquire the draft copies of the "ID Textbook" (that was to be used in school). They found that the words in the draft and the final copy were identical, EXCEPT that every occurance of the word "Creationism" (that specific word) was replaced by "Intelligent Design"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    There is a site called "Expelled Exposed" which addresses the claims of Expelled in detail.

    "Expelled" is counting on the movie viewer being a bit naive regarding Evolution and more than a bit uninformed regarding the scientific community and how the peer review process works.

    By their logic, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is an acceptable alternative to be taught along side the Theory of Evolution.
    The "Expelled-Exposed" website is actually the National Center for Scientific Education's homepage. They replaced their old homepage with this (for now)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,309

    Re: Expelled: the waste of time

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTech View Post
    Actually evolution has NOTHING to do with human beings. DARWINISM DOES.

    Evolution is the description of the FREE ENERGY DYNAMICS (dG), or Gibbs Free Energy), ENTROPIC, and MOLECULAR DYNAMICS and their effects on the 'evolution' of the UNIVERSE.

    Darwin used evolution as a MODEL for his theory because they both described a system which becomes progressively more ordered over time.

    Evolution has NOTHING to do with mankind, or life at all.

    I would much rather read a book with credible citations then watch a movie with ben stein.
    how young a "pup" are ya!?just kiddin!?when you state that evolution has nothing to do with man!?do you mean there is no science been recognized as relating this process to man directly or indirectly!?i mean if you say evolution is just the fact that the universe shows an orderly (predictable!?) progression over time,are you then saying man is just a product of this event!?not just physically,but mentally also!?and by mentally i dont mean brain alone!? :freak3: :crazy1: :yelcutelaughA: : hehe!!....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Similar Threads

  1. SPY, What A Waste Of Time
    By FTC-SCAMS.COM in forum Don't Watch These Movies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2016, 10:23 AM
  2. How many people this facebook is waste of time?
    By Mike75065 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 11:46 PM
  3. LegalShield - Waste of time, Side-income or Scam?
    By debit.servus in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 03:17 PM
  4. Is This A Waste of Time or a SCAM??
    By bchorley in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 10:20 PM
  5. Don't waste your time on scams check this out
    By stefenjon in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 06:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •