+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Expelled: the waste of time

So anyone in the USA has seen the previews for this movie, but incase you're not in the USA,

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

From watching the previews and the reviews of the pre-releases, is it just me or will this movie just be some creationists doing some video-verbal masturbating?

Big Science has expelled "smart new ideas" from the classroom.
    What ideas has ID ever had that are new or smart? The closest thing to a new idea they have is what new things "God did" when they couldn't explain it any other way?

Oh and this Ben Stein guy... the best I've ever seen him do is a two bit trivia game where you get to "Win Ben Stein's money" by answering more questions right than him. Really low jackpots and rediculously cheap sets too. I wonder if the movie was made with the same poor quality.

What do you think?

Re: Expelled: the waste of time

Lord,

Go watch the actual movie.

Only a moron would bash a movie they have no idea about.

Having been on the blogosphere about this movie most of the night...the idiots seem to have some pre-conceived notion about what all it is about.

Go see the movie and see your kind as stupid as they can be.

I learned that life formed on the backs of crytals...or were seeded by aliens......and then was told "oh but no one really knows for sure!"

It seems clear that evolution is not a THEORY but is taught as fact as how man came into being.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Nope. The reviews I was reading were posted by people who actually saw the movie. Pre-releases of it.

Going to see the movie would support it. Every ticket they sell helps fund the next BS movie. Only by noone seeing it will they take a financial hit.

I am ashamed for Ben Stein. I always respected him, but why would he get involved with this moronic movie?

Your ashamed of him, I'll bet you he can't sleep at night.

yeah Lord and every movie reviewer is spot on.

Or maybe in this case has an agenda! :yelcutelaughA:

Morons!

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by lunchlady View Post
    yeah Lord and every movie reviewer is spot on.

Or maybe in this case has an agenda! :yelcutelaughA:

Morons!
    This movie is a farce. Only ignorant or people with a religious agenda believe Intelligent Design is anything more than religious dogma.

The so-called "Expelled victims" in this movie are more victims of their own stupidity or dishonesty, rather than any evil science plot.

Ben Stien, being a comic, I'm guessing spoof...but at the same time, I guess I'll have to see it before I can truly judge it as such...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

There is a site called "Expelled Exposed" which addresses the claims of Expelled in detail.

"Expelled" is counting on the movie viewer being a bit naive regarding Evolution and more than a bit uninformed regarding the scientific community and how the peer review process works.

By their logic, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is an acceptable alternative to be taught along side the Theory of Evolution.

I watched this movie and even though I was a bit bored I really saw nothing wrong with the point of the movie.Everything the movie/documentary pointed out is factual.While not an entertainig flic it was not without perfect logic. It may be that those bashing the piece don't understand what the movie is actually about imho.

It was my understanding that the ID crowd feel that their point of view is being unfairly excluded from scientific discussion. If that's the case I only have one thing to say to them...

Tough shit.

That's the way science works. If you have an alternative theory then the burden is on you to demonstrate it is capable of accounting for existing evidence at least as satisfactorily as the existing theory, and make new, falsifiable predictions. It is on this last point that ID fails so spectacularly.

Even if it didn't, the proponents of ID seem to feel that they are being subjected to scrutiny that other scientific theories are not. That, however, is not the case. Any new idea in science is put the same ordeal of having everyone do everything they can to prove it wrong. That's precisely why science works, because only the theories that are able to withstand repeated attempts at falsification are accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by jdaniels View Post
    I watched this movie and even though I was a bit bored I really saw nothing wrong with the point of the movie.Everything the movie/documentary pointed out is factual.While not an entertainig flic it was not without perfect logic. It may be that those bashing the piece don't understand what the movie is actually about imho.
    Really?...turns out not much in the movie is factual. The idea that there is a conspiracy in science to persecute those who promote ID is factually incorrect.

You need to do some research before you perpetuate the lies of Ben Stein.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchlady View Post
    Lord,

Go watch the actual movie.

Only a moron would bash a movie they have no idea about.

Having been on the blogosphere about this movie most of the night...the idiots seem to have some pre-conceived notion about what all it is about.

Go see the movie and see your kind as stupid as they can be.

I learned that life formed on the backs of crytals...or were seeded by aliens......and then was told "oh but no one really knows for sure!"

It seems clear that evolution is not a THEORY but is taught as fact as how man came into being.
    Actually evolution has NOTHING to do with human beings. DARWINISM DOES.

Evolution is the description of the FREE ENERGY DYNAMICS (dG), or Gibbs Free Energy), ENTROPIC, and MOLECULAR DYNAMICS and their effects on the 'evolution' of the UNIVERSE.

Darwin used evolution as a MODEL for his theory because they both described a system which becomes progressively more ordered over time.

Evolution has NOTHING to do with mankind, or life at all.

I would much rather read a book with credible citations then watch a movie with ben stein.

o and another thing

The supreme court of the USA has ruled two things:

1. ID does NOT fit the criteria to be considered a scientific field

2. ID IS creationism, and IS a religious abberation, it is being banned from schools as we speak (this decision was made because the supreme court managed to aquire the draft copies of the "ID Textbook" (that was to be used in school). They found that the words in the draft and the final copy were identical, EXCEPT that every occurance of the word "Creationism" (that specific word) was replaced by "Intelligent Design"

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    There is a site called "Expelled Exposed" which addresses the claims of Expelled in detail.

"Expelled" is counting on the movie viewer being a bit naive regarding Evolution and more than a bit uninformed regarding the scientific community and how the peer review process works.

By their logic, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is an acceptable alternative to be taught along side the Theory of Evolution.
    The "Expelled-Exposed" website is actually the National Center for Scientific Education's homepage. They replaced their old homepage with this (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by HiTech View Post
    Actually evolution has NOTHING to do with human beings. DARWINISM DOES.

Evolution is the description of the FREE ENERGY DYNAMICS (dG), or Gibbs Free Energy), ENTROPIC, and MOLECULAR DYNAMICS and their effects on the 'evolution' of the UNIVERSE.

Darwin used evolution as a MODEL for his theory because they both described a system which becomes progressively more ordered over time.

Evolution has NOTHING to do with mankind, or life at all.

I would much rather read a book with credible citations then watch a movie with ben stein.
    how young a "pup" are ya!?just kiddin!?when you state that evolution has nothing to do with man!?do you mean there is no science been recognized as relating this process to man directly or indirectly!?i mean if you say evolution is just the fact that the universe shows an orderly (predictable!?) progression over time,are you then saying man is just a product of this event!?not just physically,but mentally also!?and by mentally i dont mean brain alone!? :freak3: :crazy1: :yelcutelaughA: : hehe!!....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you