+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    40

    Why Being Your Own Boss Won't Make You Happy

    Video by
    http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/97

    Dr. Daniel Gilbert
    Psychologist at Harvard University;
    Doctorate from Princetown University

    Why money, material stuff and more choices and opportunities won't make you happier, and might do just the opposite.

    In my own interpretation: Multi Level Marketing won't make you happy(er).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Why Being Your Own Boss Won't Make You Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by gsonic View Post
    Video by
    http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/97

    Dr. Daniel Gilbert
    Psychologist at Harvard University;
    Doctorate from Princetown University

    Why money, material stuff and more choices and opportunities won't make you happier, and might do just the opposite.

    In my own interpretation: Multi Level Marketing won't make you happy(er).
    Same with organized religion, EST, NLP, Psychology, hypnosis or any other dogma or belief system. Happiness is a choice you make for yourself, noone can guarantee it for you, but you.

    Again, you're entitled to your opinion. It's one of the things that's great about America and living in a democracy.

    There are many people that have found much happiness in their MLM business, I happen to be one of them, and I never lie to anyone about how it will help them, or how quick it'll make them rich.

    That's just it--
    you can't drive it, you can't wear it, you can't live in it,
    you can't drink it, smoke it, snort it, you can't travel to it.
    Happiness is the experience of the journey.
    The experience of happiness is the result of how you look at things. When I look at something I say, can do, no problem; that's not going to make me unhappy. Happiness is a choice!

    ~ Denis Waitley

    If you observe a really happy man you will find him
    building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son,
    growing double dahlias in his garden. He will not be
    searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that
    has rolled under the radiator.

    ~ W. Beran Wolfe
    Or building a NWM business based on empathic contribution, not just profit.

    Kerry Hein
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: Why Being Your Own Boss Won't Make You Happy

    I am going to disagree with that. Lots of people hate traveling to work, and lots of people have to travel a distance and deal with the traffic and the weather. Being at home, they dont have to do the above. I think MORE people would rather work from home in their own office and not have to deal with some JERKS that they may have to deal with. I think, lots of people would be more HAPPY and it would save them wear and tear of their vehicle, save on the gas prices, and being at home to work any time they want too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: Why Being Your Own Boss Won't Make You Happy

    ok so you are basicly saying that being able to spend time with your kids won't make you happy well I think you need to re-think your way of thinking because you must be misserable your self


    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Same with organized religion, EST, NLP, Psychology, hypnosis or any other dogma or belief system. Happiness is a choice you make for yourself, noone can guarantee it for you, but you.

    Again, you're entitled to your opinion. It's one of the things that's great about America and living in a democracy.

    There are many people that have found much happiness in their MLM business, I happen to be one of them, and I never lie to anyone about how it will help them, or how quick it'll make them rich.



    Or building a NWM business based on empathic contribution, not just profit.

    Kerry Hein

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Why Being Your Own Boss Won't Make You Happy

    Quote Originally Posted by tdmyers View Post
    ok so you are basicly saying that being able to spend time with your kids won't make you happy well I think you need to re-think your way of thinking because you must be misserable your self
    I didn't say that. If staying at home is what makes you happy, then by all means do that! Is what I'm saying!

    Put yourself in a situation where you can choose and do what you please.

    JOBS & most conventional "careers" don't allow very well for lots of "family time", ie, the "slavery reference", usually. At least not customarilly. JMHO

    Kerry Hein
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Similar Threads

  1. Boss Buster
    By Rebel44 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-19-2014, 08:42 PM
  2. Happy Happy Happy Easter!
    By Administrator in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 05:45 PM
  3. Things That Make You Happy.
    By brywilson2 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 02:36 PM
  4. Meet the New Boss, Same As The Old Boss
    By ianmatthews in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 01:31 AM
  5. FTD says happy kwanzaa, happy hanukaa, happy holidays
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 03:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •