+ Reply to Thread

I'm a victim of a scam

Hello,,,

I'd like to have you advice, and here's my story :

On 03/03/2008 i've received a scam which says, Congrats, your phone number has won 532,450 GBP (Pounds) from O2 Telecoms Annual Awards!, i contacted them by mail, and followed up with them, and they've got me !!!!!

Now they are here, one pretends to be a diplomat and the other as a Representative of the Bank (NationWide Bank from U.K) but no identification with them..... i'm sure they are fraudsters, as they are Nigeriens (Africans) and their English language is not that good, it's poor.

They've brought a luggage of money, which is : 1,058,000 $ U.S Dollards, and i visited them, they took me with my father to a safe locked place to show me the money, we've seen it, & then they said it's locked ! in order not to be discovered from the Airport.
    and if that money must be exchanged or used they have to remove it's lock (Seal) by a chemical liquid called S.S.D Chemical Material. they where tottaly afraid while they where doing that process, till they stoped and said, Oops, the liquid has been frozen, wait we have to bring a new one and you'll pay for it !!!!!

Now i pretend to be stupid, and i told them it's okay, wait for me till i try to pay that amount for the chemical as it's too expensive, till now they're waiting. (i'm just doing that to keep them waiting)

They've brought a chemical liquid to clean that money, they've clean 300 $ dollars and gave it to me, and said they want to go with me to get it exchanged to make sure, i told them no, i'll do it.

now the guys (the one who pretends to be the nationwide bank representative, and the other who pretends to be the diplomat) will visit me as soon as i give them a phone call to do the visit and they'll meet me again when i tell them so, they are actually still in my country, they didn't leave yet, because they trust that i'm a poor idiot now !!!!

Till now, i've hiden that 300$ dollards, and i'm following up with those two guys in order to stay here and not to leave the country, because it's my duty now to report them to the government or to the police.

I want an advice, please till me what to do, and how can i get them caught as they are still thinking that i beleive them and i'll work with them.... as i don't want them to doubt at all that i'm working on getting them cought...

Kindly, give me your response regarding that....

Best Regards,,,
    Last edited by Steve2002; 04-04-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Re: I'm a victim of a scam

go to the police station and tell them the story then tell the cops that you want them caught, you know how they do it on the tv shows. So go and do it now, they will be get for being thieves.

3. 04-05-2008, 03:36 AM

Reason
    quote problem

i'm sure they are fraudsters, as they are Nigeriens (Africans) and their English language is not that good, it's poor.

Now i pretend to be stupid, and i told them it's okay,

Hmmm...your english is a little lacking, as well. How in the world would you know they are Nigerian? You don't need to "pretend" to be stupid.

I will say - you've got a lot of guts to post this crap here.
    Last edited by linda49; 04-05-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks for your reply, but it's not a crap, it's real, it's what's happening to me, i don't need to be that crappy, i can't tell any information about me right now till it's done....

I meant that i'm pretending that i don't know it's a scam ar a fraud yet, because if they knew that i found it out, they'd just leave and cut all their communications means.

Thanks,,,

Actually, that was one month ago, i was sending them $$$ through the western union, till i told them i can't now, no way for any other payments, then they responded that they can deliver the cash through dilomatic cash delivery, they came, two africans, one pretends to be the Nation Wide Bank Representative & the other is the diplomat, they sayed they'll clear the consignment with the diplomat and hand it over to me, and then clear the luggage in the bank to credit the $$$ into my account, they showed me that cash, which is : 1,058,000 $ i was with my father, they took as to a place where no one can see us, (it's a hotel) where they locked the room's door, then i've seen the cash, and the guy who pretends to be the diplomat, gave me 300 $ out from the cash and told me that he can come with me to any exchange center in order to convert it into my national currency, what happened is as follows, he sayed that the cash is locked, and there is a chemical liquid in order to erase that lock which is in the cash (looks like money cleaning or money laundry) then he finished for me 300 $ and gave me to get it exchanged, after that, they order me to pay for the chemical liquid !!!!! i told them no way, they've arranged that now, they are still contacting me & i answer them, pretending that i'm an idiot (nows nothing), i reported to my nearest police offices, but they're doing nothing, next they told as to go to another police station then follow their instructions, i wanted to hand over the 300 $ to them, they didn't take it, as i told them i'm afraid it's fake, i don't want to be involved with them, today they called, and i'm waiting for them to see them again, but they are still in believe i know nothing, i'll report to the U.K Embassy and the consulate, then i'll see what i can do, those two afrikans said, they will go with me to the bank with the cash to get it converted into my national currency, then to be deposited into my credit.
    Don't know what to do now, i just want those fraudsters to get caught and to have thir punishment, because i'm not angry for the money i spent to them, of course no, because, Law does not protect idiots like me. i just don't want them to do that to someone else. i don't want others to suffer that because it's really really hard.....

Thanks

The problem that when they meet me at the bank, they want me to sign the consignment after the bank checks that, i think i'm involoved in deep shit !!!! i really can't sleep, & i'm always having nightmares whenver i sleep.

One of my daughter's best friend's Dads fell for one of these scams...cept what he did was intentional. He got one of these emails and called the person sending it. They gave him the directions on what to do with the check they were sending to him, how to western union it etc. He got the check...went to the bank and cashed it..yes the bank didn't even check it. He took some cash and had the rest put in his account. Then went to the bank manager and explained it all. To make a long story short...he's now involved with the fbi due to reporting it..their investigating it all and pressing charges against the person that did the scam. The Dad actually got a reward from the authorities and got to keep $200 of it for helping bust the perp.

but my problem is not a cheque, it's cash, i saw it for real, and i don't want it, that's why i tried to report to the police, but all what they do is telling me to go to another police station till me & my farther got bored, i don't know what to do now, i'll go to the police department for the last time, then if there is no solution, i'll just report to the Embassy of U.K.

The Principal Attorney
    Chris Dwayne Chambers
    #44 Stocport Road, Longsight
    Manchester M12 4LL - UK
    E-mail: barr.oscardwayne@yahoo.co.uk
    barr.oscardwayne@hotmail.com
    Phone +44 704 576 2236

Kind Attention: SAMI

I went to the British House of commons now to secure the CLearance Letter only to find out that I have to provide them with the following documents before that can be isssued;

- A copy of the Anti-terrorism Certificate
    - A copy of the Anti-Drug Trafficking Certificate from the National Drug Law enforcement Agency
    - A copy of the Anti-Money Laundering Certificate.

It will also interest you to know that by virtue of section 82 [N] 9 of the Constitution, all funds transfer [with values exceeding 50,000 GB Pounds] to or from a foreign account in Asia and middle East must be scrutinized to ensure that they are free from Terrorist Motivation, Drug Trafficking and Money Laundering. This is as adopted in 1989 and Modified in 2001 by the UK's constitutional Bankers' Assembly.

I have made general inquires as to the cost of the documents and have come to know that I will pay the total sum of 4,070 GB Pounds before the complete documents can be issued to me on your behalf. On the submission of these documents, I shall go to the House of commons and secure the Clearance Letter. No other Authority has the right to stop your Transfer thereafter.

If you can not raise this sum at the moment, you can ask the Bank to deliver your fund to you through the British Consulate in UAE via Diplomatic Cash Delivery System. Your fund shall be brought to you in Cash in your Country. The Bank shall send their representative who shall come their in person and assist you in depositing the Money in your Account. You will not need to pay up to 4070 GBP as in the case of the clearnce Sum. All that you shall do is to make the payment of the Air Way Bill which is about 1,100 GBP. You shall pay this sum when the Representative Arrives in UAE in person.

If you contact the Bank for this option of receiving your fund, you shall get your fund within 24 Hours.

Having said all these, you are advised to choose between making the BHC Clearance fee of 4,070 pounds or making available 1,100 Pounds so that the diplomat and the Bank's Representative can start coming to UAE.

Your prompt action in the above regard is expected.

Best Regards,

Barr. Oscar Dwayne

================================================== ======================
    THE OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
    NATION WIDE BANK PLC.
    329 GREEN STREET, UPTON PARK
    LONDON E13 9AB - UNITED KINGDOM
    TEL: +44 7031801445 OR +44 7031909155
    FAX: +44 700 581 0592
    E-MAIL: fundremittance@my-nationwide.com

ATTENTION: SAMI

RE: REGARDING THE DIPLOMAT

FOLLOWING YOUR REQUEST, OUR REPRESENTATIVE, MR. VICTOR HAS LEFT FOR UNITED ARAB EMIRATES AND IS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE TOMORROW BEING THE 1ST DAY OF APRIL. YOU ARE TO MAKE AVAILABLE THE AIR WAY BILL OF 1,100 GB POUNDS AND THE CUSTOM DUTY CHARGE OF 700 GB POUNDS AS INDICATED BY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHOPRITIES. THIS AMOUNTS TO 13,200 ARAB EMIRATES DIRHAM AND MUST BE HANDED OVER TO THE REPRESENTATIVE ON ARRIVAL SO THAT HE CAN GO AND CLEAR THE CONSIGNMENT ON YOUR BEHALF.

HE SHALL GO AND CLEAR THE DIPLOMATIC LUGGAGE ON THE ARRIVAL OF THE DIPLOMAT AND HAND OVER THE CASH VALUED AT $1,058,000 US [ONE MILLION AND FIFTY EIGHT THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS. THE DLIVERY CANNOT BE CARRIED OUT IN POUNDS DUE TO INTERNATIONAL MONETARY REGULATIONS.

ON THE ARRIVAL OF THE REPRESENTATIVE, YOU SHALL HAND OVER THE SUM OF 13,200 ARAB EMIRATES DIHAMS TO HIM SO THAT HE SHALL GO STRAIGHT AND MAKE THE NECESSARY PAYMENTS TO GET YOUR CONSIGNMENT. DELAYS MAY ATTRACT EXTRA CHARGES.

ATTACHED BELOW IS A SCANNED COPY OF THE REPRESENTATIVE'S PASSPORT FOR EASIER IDENTIFICATION. WE ANTICIPATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING IN THE ABOVE REGARD.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
    MR JAMES DONNS
    [DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS]

Just call the fbi lol...

go to this site http://www.ic3.gov/

otherwise sounds like you might be getting yourself in a bad situation.

No F.B.I in my country, as i'm living in the U.A.E (United Arab Emirates) we only have police, National Secuirty & the Embassy of U.K.

Nothing worked with me, i've tried, really, the only hope remaining to me is to go tomorrow morning to the embassy or the British Consulate.

The scammer called me today, saying that he may travel today, i answered, Ok, Goodby & have a nice trip, still believes i don't know anything about that kind of fraud !!!!!!!!!!

Diplomatic transfers do not work that way. Assuming this post is not a troll:

You are being scammed.

If you have met these people, and if these people know how to contact you, your life may very well in danger. You don't know to what lengths these criminals will go to to protect themselves.

The story about locking the money with some chemical is pure bullshit. Get out of this now.

well, they've left the country, they can't be contacted anymore, think they've deleted all there contact methonds,,,
    for me, i've changed my account's passcode & working on canceling my current bank account & opening a new one......

Pleaaase, tell me what else can i do... and i really really don't want anyone else to go through with that, i mean i don't wan't anyone to suffer that. as i couldn't get them caught in time, at least i want a way to publish that issue that everyone can see & hear it all over the world.
    Last edited by Steve2002; 04-07-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Hi,

I too facing the same problem what steve mentioned. But I also took the box from them. Please advise how to proceed to come out from this issue.

Thanks,