+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What about me?

What about me?

I believe I'm like the majority of people in north america. I work - have children - pay a mortgage and taxes. I struggle to afford anything more than day to day expenses. My personal finances have been much better than they are today . I paid $180,000 for my 2000sqft 2story home 10 years ago. Similar houses in my neighborhood are now selling for close to $500.000. today! (now, we all know that's not right - or is it just me)
    With current taxes and utilities I can't afford to live in my own home anymore. The wolves are at the door. The cost of living is ascending with the incomes of the priviledged 10%.
    Thank you for this opportunity to rant.

Re: What about me?

Tell you what, food prices are still LOW in the USA, but if you live on the islands outside of the islands, things are 100% more and housing is the worst ever. We in the continental of the USA still have it CHEAP. Food prices are still affordable and I have not seen many food items jump that much. But WHITE RAIN SHAMPOO went up 30 cents in one week. I am sure most people's paycheck never jumps up that high in one week. Your taxes are bound to go up and then you may have to sell if ANYONE CAN AFFORD TO BUY IT at those prices. Strange how the GLOBAL ELITES want to destroy our LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49 View Post
    I believe I'm like the majority of people in north america. I work - have children - pay a mortgage and taxes. I struggle to afford anything more than day to day expenses. My personal finances have been much better than they are today . I paid $180,000 for my 2000sqft 2story home 10 years ago. Similar houses in my neighborhood are now selling for close to $500.000. today! (now, we all know that's not right - or is it just me)
    With current taxes and utilities I can't afford to live in my own home anymore. The wolves are at the door. The cost of living is ascending with the incomes of the priviledged 10%.
    Thank you for this opportunity to rant.

Your not ranting...too many people face the same situation every day...I have limited income...but luckily my home is paid for(Manufactured home) but I still pay high lot rent. I manage to put food on the table but not much else but I have hobbies that keep me busy. The wolves are always at the door...need to be adept in keeping them at bay!!! So don't feel alone...
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

My dear Linda49. Please join the rest of us caught in the same situation. You have my sympathy. However, where I live in Jackson, Wy the average cost of a new home is now &1,000,000.00 And that is no joke. Just down the road from me lives Tiger Woods and in the other direction lives Harrison Ford. A friend of mine bought his house here when it was new for 80,000.00 He sold it last year for 499,999.00 and it is a two bedroom Modular. I wish you the best of luck, but don't ever give up. Just do what you have to to survive. Blowing off steam helps sometimes.:king22:

They say, when the movie actors and actresses move to certain places that the price of homes go UP. Why is that? Some places in the USA you still can buy old victorian type of homes for $30,000 yeap that is true. They say, in Florida, prices of homes are really getting expensive. Florida is not cheap like it use to be. Sure they have built many millions of BRAND NEW HOMES in the USA but now since they HIKED the MORT rates, no one can really afford that. Some people have sold their more expensive homes to live in those Older homes that were built in the 1930's and up. They figure they can save all around. No one can really afford a new home now days, unless they have a very profitable income. Water rates go up, electric rates go up, property taxes going up and they assess your house, they can rip you off big time there. TAXED for everything.