+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas Prices.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Gas Prices.

With the price of gasoline and diesel fuel ever on the increase as well as being responsible for rising cost of utilities, services and goods, what are you personally doing to adjust, compensate for the strain on your personal finances.
    Also, what and who do you personally feel is responsbile for these cost.
    One thing I am doing is to change the Oil in my own two automobiles, filter the used oil and resuse it. I am working on a device to back-flush the oil filter so that I can reuse that.
    I just heard of a young man that has spent about $1200- to modify his V.W. auto and uses old deep fat fryer oil from the school cafeteria for fuel.
    Lets have your ideas...:rasta:
    Vasudeva

Re: Gas Prices.

I bought a fuel effecient car in 2005 a ford focus that I still get from 35 to 40 mpg. I shop at stores that offer a discount on gas such as smiths and I really do not do any more unnecesary driving. I walk during good weather as walking is also a great way to lose weight.

I'm not mechanically inclined myself so I have to look for other ways to cut my traveling cost. Luckily, I can catch a bus to my local supermarket but of cource that limits how much I can buy and carry but it is a solution. Lucky for me I can reach a doctor or dentist by bus. If I must use my vehicle(Ford Ranger) I usually get in touch with a relative or friend and we take care of several things at one time.. In the past if I felt I needed something I would just run to the store not anymore not at $3.29 gal here in my state of Delaware. We need to cut our dependence on foreign oil. I do see some progress with wind farms and solar energy but the cost needs to come down in order for it to be viable as new energy sources. We do have oil reserves but good old George won't release any to help bring down prices. I'm an enviromentalist but I also see the need to cut our dependence. I know there is oil in Alaska but we would need to figure a way to extract without causing destruction to native species and habitat. But sometimes you can't make everyone happy. You just have to find a solution...I can live with that!!!
    Last edited by peregrine; 03-31-2008 at 11:37 AM.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

I pay $30 a fill up, so I am not too strained. I am trying to find a bike to ride to my community college though to save a bit of fuel.

my car get 30 mpg in town and 40+ on the highway. (max i've gotten is 48)

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    I'm not mechanically inclined myself so I have to look for other ways to cut my traveling cost. Luckily, I can catch a bus to my local supermarket but of cource that limits how much I can buy and carry but it is a solution. Lucky for me I can reach a doctor or dentist by bus. If I must use my vehicle(Ford Ranger) I usually get in touch with a relative or friend and we take care of several things at one time.. In the past if I felt I needed something I would just run to the store not anymore not at $3.29 gal here in my state of Delaware. We need to cut our dependence on foreign oil. I do see some progress with wind farms and solar energy but the cost needs to come down in order for it to be viable as new energy sources. We do have oil reserves but good old George won't release any to help bring down prices. I'm an enviromentalist but I also see the need to cut our dependence. I know there is oil in Alaska but we would need to figure a way to extract without causing destruction to native species and habitat. But sometimes you can't make everyone happy. You just have to find a solution...I can live with that!!!
    All good ideas, input, especially trying to make sure every trip is COST EFFICIENT, including shopping for others while grocery shopping, etc. fopr yourself. THose people that you do shop for shouldn't ,ind paying someone who does this for them a ten percent gratuity. After all, they save their time, wear and tear on auto and fuels cost. I see no problem with someone asking for this gratuity.
    I see from time to time where people here ask about how to make money. How about shopping for others quite a bit through every day. The cost there should be about twenty-five percent gratuity. THis is $2.50 per ten dollars worth of groceries; $12.50/fifty dollars worth.
    How many people here think that we are seeing that a lot that contributes to higher fuel and other cost is because as people buy and operate more fuel efficient vehicles that the Oil Companies raise their fuel prices accordingly? I suspect this contributes a great deal to higher fuel prices. As well, as the cost goes up the Federal and local governments charge taxes accoerdingly.
    Don't get angry with the Service Station owners/operators. They are not making very much at all for the fuerl they sell.Even at the higher cost. In order to stay in business they need some viable activity on the side.
    Vasudeva

I have said this many times on the forums that the GLOBAL ELITES, illumanti, powerful corporartions bilderbergs whatever you want to call them, they OWN 40% of the OIL ( the thugs who own the world who pick who will be the Presidents etc, they HIKE up the prices along with the OIL COMPANIES... when ever they FEEL LIKE IT. Their profits are astronomical $1.8 Million per day in profts or was it $1.8 BILLION in profits. There is no shortage of OIL, they just spit out their PROPAGANDA LIES, they are notorious liars. Plenty of OIL out there, and tons of oil up in Canada where they import MOST OF IT. Who needs Chevaz's OIL, we dont need his stinking OIL. He thinks we will suffer without him. HE IS NUTS. BUT anytimes they want to make EXTRA MONEY... the OIL prices and the other fuels will go UP. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ You may as well start getting ORDERS for the AMISH to make your cart and buggy and buy a barn or use your Garage as a barn. They are predicting that GAS will be up in the $6 range. Now that is going to HURT EVERYONE. But the GLOBAL ELITES want to break everyone down to Bankruptsy. This they can do, they are AIMING for their New World Order. Start growing your INDOOR GARDENING PLANTERS what is that called AERO GARDENING, start investing in that for your home grown salads. Plant a garden in containers if you are limited on space, have a garden in your yard. Start to learn how to PRESERVE your foods, canning and the like. BUY one or two or more of those AMISH HEATERS they advertise in your newspapers. Put your heat down and bundle up in the house, if you have different thermostats and those electric heaters are great. Wash in COLD water. And their global warming HOAX, wait till I put out that sight where they come up to KILL YOURSELF DAY saying you are contributing to global warming they think they will KILL off more people this way. GLOBAL WARMING IS ALL POLITICS AND ABOUT CONTROL. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ A bunch of us guys pool in one car or truck. Use those Amish heaters. And STOVE. Some of my buddies share the rent here as we rent out some rooms. We all save money.

So maybe you will get the first notice of this. you have heard of peace in the valley? Well then there will be peace in the forum

RE: KILL YOURSELF DAY saying you are contributing to global warming

Yep, I read about that the other day, that they will con people and say, the carbon dioxide that you are breathing is causing global warming, we know that is not true, I read that article and thought, what are they NUTS. No one is going to kill themselves because the GLOBAL ELITES said too. I put out articles at the SCIENCE forum about the HOAX of Global warming. I put out lots of information abou Al Gore the bore. GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX. I did my research on this and the global elites were saying years ago that there was goig to be a DEEP FREEZE so when no one paid any attention to it, they had to come up with their FALSE stories that do not make any sense. Well bird flu hoax didnt work, so now it is the global warming hoax.