+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fortune Academy

Fortune Academy

Anybody have any dealings with an outfit called "Fortune Academy"?? They are dealing in Foreclosures. :frustrated:

Re: Fortune Academy

I have dealt with this company. In the advertisement that was mailed to you it mentions finding defauted home loans and listing them on a website then you get paid. For $9.95 you get a book and a DVD. The material that they send you makes no reference at all to any web address. When I called Fortune Academy and spoke to a rep, I asked what is the web address so that I can get started and why was it not listed in the book or the DVD. The rep said that if you are serious about getting started then it will cost you $2,000 - $3,000. Fortune Academy has also left this bit of info out of the materials that you order. Fortune Academy is one and the same as Platinum Wealh Group. If anyone received an advertisement in the mail from Platinum Weatlh Group and Fortune Academy compare the two and you will notice that they are 99% the same , even the testimonials are the same. I thought that Fortune Academy was an affillite of the Platinum Wealth Group. So, I asked a rep from Fortune Academy if they were affiliated with Platinum Wealth Group. The response I get back is that they never heard of Platinum Wealth Group. If the rep's from Fortune Academy never heard of Platinum Wealth Group, then why did I receive two calls from rep's identifing themselves from Fortune Academy calling from a number listed for Platinum Wealth Group? I have listed this company on ripoffreport.com as well.

I am providing the complete addresses and phone #'s of both Fortune Academy and Platinum Wealth Group.

Fortune Academy, 1192 East Draper Parkway, Suite#513, Draper, UT. 84020.
    1-866-669-6499

Platinum Wealth Group, 6905 So. 1300 E., Suite 130, Midvale, UT. 84047
    1-888-978-0994.

Despite the different addresses and phone #'s, Fortune Academy and Platinum Wealth Group is one and the same. For anyone who receives an advertisment in the mail for both Fortune Academy and Platinum Wealth Group, compare the two and you will find out that both advertisments are 99% identical. The letter structure is the same word for word, same testimonials, same product advertised (a book and DVD) for the exact same price. The 1% difference is the name change and product re-label. Fortune Academy/ Platinum Wealth Group lie, has deceptive business practices, and is extremly rude on the phone. This company is a SCAM. I would warn any one about this company.
    :006:

I know what you mean about this company. I talked to one of the salesmen on this for over an hour, he kept giving me double talk about how it would not cost me a cent! Then he made the mistake of telling me that I could make money using my credit card! They use every conceivable dirty trick in the book to fool you into charging your credit card $2000.00 or more. Even it it takes lying! You are right, this is a sneaky lying dirty company!!

Glad to help and give you the head's up on this dirty little company, Jrching.
    Last edited by Knight-mare; 08-04-2008 at 07:22 PM.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

What do they sell for $2000?

The $2,000 - $3,000 is for you to get your foot in the door,so to say. The book and DVD for $9.95 does not mention this bit of info. Rep's from Fortune Academy/Platinum Wealth Group told me that if I'm serious and want to get started then it will cost me $2,000 - $3,000 min. Fortune Academy/ Platinum Wealth Group is a scam if they can not provide this bit of info upfront. They also fail to provide the web address in the materials that anyone orders (the book and DVD). If a company can not be up-front and honest then they must be hiding something. Fortune Academy/ Platinum Wealth Group is a scam. End of story!
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

That $2000.00 is supposedly for training!! ing1: