+ Reply to Thread

Is this legitimate

I am really looking for a legitimate opportunity. Can anyone tell me if this is legitimate or a scam?

http://www.mypowermall.com/
    Last edited by katiescorner; 03-03-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Re: Is this legitimate

thats kinda looks like an affiliate link to me...
    Absolutely free paid surveys- Paid Survey Sites

Submit and Read Reviews of Paid Survey - Paid Survey Reviews
    Are paid online surveys a scam ? Find out here

The Blog About Paid Surveys... Paid Surveys A Scam

Probably just an innocent mistake.. give her the benefit of the doubt until you know otherwise... affiliate portion removed.

To answer the question... to date I haven't found anyone who has been paid and I have heard of some not so legal marketing tactics that supposedly the owner is telling people to use. Is it a scam? Not really.. is it something I would encourage people to get involved in? No.. at this point if you want an online mall I would go for some of the others.

I'm not familiar with MPM enough to say it is or is not a scam. But I will comment on its payment structure.

The thing to always keep in mind when dealing with pyramidal payment plans is that the odds typically aren't in your favor. Statistically speaking, you're more likely to find your self at the bottom of the structure than the top.

The MPM model I saw showed payments working on a 10x9 matrix. If that were to fill out completely for you (10x9 exactly) you would have 100,000,000 people under you...that's roughly 1/3 of the US population...an unlikely event.

To the site's credit, it does say that filling beyond 4 levels is rare.

But you have to remember, you might be someone's 4th level or 5th level, and the new recruitment pool might be close to tapped by the time you enter...

It's hard to say how successful you may be... If you've got MLM and/or affiliate marketing experience, you might be able to build a base...

Of course, the crucial factor in how well you'll do (assuming you build a base) is how good MPM's service is. People have to shop with MPM for you to make money. The product will always be the lynchpin for an MLM opp - not the compensation plan. (I know MPM says it's not MLM, but they do pay somewhat similarly)

MPM actually lacks one strength of legit MLM businesses, in that you can't earn substantial profits without recruiting - can't sell to those outside of membership. You can only earn on new MPM members.

Anyway...that's my 2 cents on the topic...not saying you can't earn money...not saying you will...just mentioning the numbers.

Mypowermall have been around for long, and persoanlly I heard many good testimonies from their customers!

No, it is not a scam!:2gunsfiring_v1:

Personally I have heard good and bad reviews. I have heard enough to not want to waste my time. Granted no it doesn't have a joining fee but it's still a pyramid and usually those don't do too well. There is also ALOT of competition so you need to look at that as well do you really think you can make a profit? Chances are not, it's possible but I sure wouldn't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris24 View Post
    Personally I have heard good and bad reviews. I have heard enough to not want to waste my time. Granted no it doesn't have a joining fee but it's still a pyramid and usually those don't do too well. There is also ALOT of competition so you need to look at that as well do you really think you can make a profit? Chances are not, it's possible but I sure wouldn't get my hopes up.
    Hi Kris
    If you understand the concept of mypowermall, it is not likely what you said a pyramid system!

MPM don't require you to put in money as you can join as free members. There have more than 1000 store and ample products for you to shop. The idea is simple: have you shop and buy at Wallmart? I believe you do. Everyone of us do. Now, Wallmart didn't pay you for being loyaty to them. Why not buying at MPM as you can get rebate/cashback and for much better. build your own business with MPM?

This is not pyramid.

I recently saw a TV commercial about making money at home on the computer.
    Has anyone heard of "MyWebCashSystem.com? Is this for real or yet another scam out there.

Thanks

I don't think Kris24 was saying this was a pyramid SCHEME. He just said it was a pyramid.

I don't think he was implying there was anything illegal about MPM, just that a payment structure is difficult to profit from because of factors such as competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Thugfried View Post
    I don't think Kris24 was saying this was a pyramid SCHEME. He just said it was a pyramid.

I don't think he was implying there was anything illegal about MPM, just that a payment structure is difficult to profit from because of factors such as competition.
    Ok, My mistake. May be he not meant to say MPM as illegal.

I don't believe that MPM is scam but I wouldn't recommend you try since the market is over saturated. The first post doesn't have a aff. link that I can see.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to try to answer your question about MPM if it is legit or a scam?

Yes, there are a lot of scams and we must first learn how to detect them so we do not become their victims. I am very pleased to see you're taking the first step by researching the company. Keep up the good work and continue to google the owners name and their upline. You'll be surprise, what you'll find.

Scams usually work something like this:

)They don't like to work with the post office, NO paper trail.
    )They prefer to deliver door to door in a cash method.
    )You have to pay them first, in cash before you see any results.
    )They'll call you faithfully, then when they receive the goods, the phone calls stops.

A legitimate business, will give you all the information you need up front before enrollment. The Sponsor should be able to give you access to their conference calls and setup a three way call to insure that you are aware of all the circumstances. Policies and Procedures shall be noted as well.

My personal opinion about MPM is that their lucrative payment plan is weak-!!
    You have to recruit an outrageous amount of members.

Also strictly recruiting might not be in your favor.

I hope this helps you. You may contact me if you need anymore information.

14. 03-19-2008, 10:17 PM