+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

what celebrity do you look like?

just wondering this be a fun topic, can you tell everyone on the forum what celebrity do you look like? i have been told i look like that handsome man Ron Matthews i think that is his name Ron M he has brown wavy hair and blue eyes i looks in the mirroh and say almost not exactly but i could pass for his much younger brother. auto-graphs yes they want them but i tell them me? you want me autograph not available. hehe

Re: what celebrity do you look like?

think his name is Ron Mathers same built also

Re: what celebrity do you look like?

you ever see that movie he did many years ago his wife buries him under grounc but he escapes what a terrible wicked wife he had and some more scarey ones i watched him in that one another one being in this boat and the boat gets submerged cant remember it all too far back.

clothes stolen from the lines outside?

i once lived in this seaside village, i bought these great looking cordory gray shorts. i did notice no one else in the village owned a pair, one day i decided to rent out this studio and live there for a few years, this is when I was younger. i went outside to pick up my clothes from the line, the line was tied to two poles in front of my door on the porch there. where the heck are my brand new gray shorts? the guy next door to me who renting a studio was wearing them. my brand new 20 dollar shorts!!! i walked up to him and said , take them off, they are mine and i have the receipt in my hands, you dont take them off, your nose will be off your face! he didnt want to challenge me and took them off! when i was young as a child my friends had all those frozen clothes taken off the line, and there were like 4 lines of clothes ripped right off, i think they were the only ones in the block that had their good clothes stolen. now days people have dryers and tend to like to dry them in the homes. i suppose this type of thing still is a thriving business for thiefs in need of nice clothes.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: clothes stolen from the lines outside?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    i once lived in this seaside village, i bought these great looking cordory gray shorts. i did notice no one else in the village owned a pair, one day i decided to rent out this studio and live there for a few years, this is when I was younger. i went outside to pick up my clothes from the line, the line was tied to two poles in front of my door on the porch there. where the heck are my brand new gray shorts? the guy next door to me who renting a studio was wearing them. my brand new 20 dollar shorts!!! i walked up to him and said , take them off, they are mine and i have the receipt in my hands, you dont take them off, your nose will be off your face! he didnt want to challenge me and took them off! when i was young as a child my friends had all those frozen clothes taken off the line, and there were like 4 lines of clothes ripped right off, i think they were the only ones in the block that had their good clothes stolen. now days people have dryers and tend to like to dry them in the homes. i suppose this type of thing still is a thriving business for thiefs in need of nice clothes.
    Interesting story. Now days, thieves steal the clothes from the dryers in
    the Laundromats and take them. What they and their friends, family don't
    like or cannot wear they sell at Yard Sales. :rolleyes:

wow, how does that happen? most people are sitting in the place woops they could go out to get a bit to eat, wow! just think of the people that take a swim at the beach and they come back and everything is gone!

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    wow, how does that happen? most people are sitting in the place woops they could go out to get a bit to eat, wow! just think of the people that take a swim at the beach and they come back and everything is gone!
    There are people that are 'Pros' at this sort of thing, just like other
    scams and crooked schemes.
    They usually work in pairs, especially now with cell-phones. They
    come into the 'Mat pretending to be thre like anyone else to do
    laundry. But actually, they are intending to steal. They watch
    people and what they are doing. When someone is finsihed with their
    laundry and puts it in the dryer and leaves, the look-out goes outside
    with a phone. The other aits until the clothes are dry, or almost,
    bags them up. Then they are gone!
    If you ever notice yard sales with lots of clothes piled on the ground
    and/or on racks on hangers, this gives you a clue! :eek:

canola oil in pet foods- toxic

I just can not believe it, they are allowing canola oil in dry cat food. I put out an article on how dangerous canola oil is and it just makes me so angry that they had the audacity to contaminate dry cat foods with this poison. DO NOT BUY IT, read your labels and never feed your pets ( I dont know if it is in dog foods yet. ================================================== = Canola Oil is deadly to the body. It is an industrial oil, not fit for human or animal consumption. It is also altered as being a genetically modified product. Canada paid the FDA the sum of $50 Million to register and recognize as a "safe". Money sure talks and walks! Canola oil is toxic and poisonous when processed it becomes rancid very quickly. A Wall Street Journal 6/7/96, stated it causes lung cancer. Canola Oil is very inexpensive to grow and INSECTS will not eat it. ================================================== =Canola oil, disssolves the myelin shealth being destructive of the protective coating surrounding nerves called myelin shealth in the brain. When the protective shealth is gone the nerves short circuit causing erractic uncontrollable movements. It depresses the immune system, causes heart problems, loss of vision, disruption of the central nervous system, respiratory illness, anemia and constipoation. It the canola Oil has a tendency to inhibit a proper metalbolism of food and stops normal enzyme function. It is a trans fatty acid so it has a direct link to cancer. It would be classified as hydrongenated or partially hydrogenated type of oil. They say, it would take 10 years of eating this oil to cause all these problems. But everyone is different, so it could happen in days, weeks, months, years. No one knows but it is not an edible OIL. AVOID THIS OIL AT ALL COSTS. Read all your labels most processed foods put this POISONOUS OIL in there. They fda could care less about YOU or your PETS.

Re: canola oil in pet foods- toxic

The actual name is "rapeseed oil" but they changed the name to "canola oil" since it is from canada. They are also putting cottonseed oil in processed foods, avoid it it is not made for human consumption another indrustrial product. The fda sure hates us to poison people.

Used to be that dog & cat food was more nutritious than human food. Seems as though the times may be a changin. If people want to be crazy stupid about what they eat, whatever. You can't make anyone eat or not eat anything unless it's their choice. However the animals have no choice. My cats have never gone shopping on their own for their food. We need to be careful about what is in their foods too, if we care at all for our furry family members. :)

11. 01-31-2007, 09:11 PM

Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Reason
    duplicate

Don't know the source of your information, but it is interesting.
    Even before I read this article by you I had decided to avoid Canaola Oil prepared products as I noticed a couple of years ago that it literally caused me to develope low-grade headaches about an hour after I consumed a food item prepared with this material.
    Also, I dispise Soybean Oil. It really imparts a yukky taste to food items where it is used in their preparation. It can also be used in Diesel Engines and that is where it should be expended - not in our foods.
    I can take Cottonseed Oil, although one has to wonder regarding the toxic residue in it as a result of the heavy pesticides spraying to knocj out the 'Boll-Weevil" and other pest. This is actually true of many agricultural crops. But more so in cotton. Until the development of 'modern' pesticides the Cotton crops, primarily produced in teh Southern States had been virtually wiped out.
    Some good oils to use, but that are more expensive, so the mainly fried foods as well as baked goods, such as breads avoid them as these businesses want to make products as cheaply as possible - these oils are:

- Grape Seed [no, not 'Rapeseed'] Grape, from the fruit that is used to produce juice and wine. It is a very light, delicate and unsaturated oil.
    Does not impart a tatste.
    - Walnut Oil. Light and unsaturated. Excellent for cooking and for oil/vinegar combination for garden-salads. Does not impart a taste.

- Almond Oil. Same as walnut.

- Peanut Oil. Very good and wonderful for frying all kinds of food. However, certain folks are allergic to Peanuts and shouldn't use this oil. It is not the direct property of the Peanut that is responsbile for this allergic reaction, but rather a particular fungus that grows prolificly on Peanuts. Invariably, it can contaminate some, but not all oil, but is difficut to determine what oils/Peanuts are affected, and what are not. So these people with this allegric reaction should avoid this oil. I don't have this problem myself.

Corn Oil. Also very good and cheap. Cold pressed expeller is good for salads. Also good for frying. But, as with Peanut Oil, there is an allergy caution for those such sufferers to fungus/molds, as corn can have the fungus Ergot develope on it - a black capsule like growth, which causes a reaction to some similiar to Lysogeric Acid [L.S.D.] The ancient Egyptians and Central and SOuth American Indians intentionally ingested this material to induce desired hallucinations which they found pleasing. There again, I haven't had this problem...

- Olive Oil. For salads, for the olive taste, use 'Extra-Virgin' [first pressing]
    cold-presseed. Later pressings of the ground up olives, heat is used to get more oil/ Extra-Virgin is thicker and slightly dark-green with the Olive taste.
    Later pressins are clear and virtually tasteless. Good cooking oil for just about anything. Does not impart a taste to food materials where it is used in their preparation and is unsaturated.

- there are some other 'exotic' oils, such as Pecan nut, Brazil Nut, Avocado and so on. I haven't tried anyof these but they should be excellent. Worth exploring.
    Also, many of these oils can be used as ungents and for cosmetic purposes. A nice light application and rub of Almond or other light oil to the face, neck and hands on cold, dry winter days will protect the skin from becoming dry and chapping, as well as somewhat insulating the skin against the cold.

Hmmm... It's very interesting. I think to look what the food I feed my cat... :rolleyes:

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

The only oils I use are olive oils for cold usage, olive oil becomes rancid when heated. Peanut oil for cooking sometimes. And the majority of the time I use Coconut oil for cooking. It's great and adds a lot of good fragrance to the house. I don't use any type of vegetable oil (incl. canola, corn, soybean, etc). All vegie oils will have even small amounts of bad fats in them. Your best bet for cooking is coconut oil. I have a great recipe for coconut marinated chicken if you're interested. It's YUUUMMY!!!

Coconut oil clogs the arteries... not good! :rolleyes:
    All one has to do is to look at the congealed mass that coconut oil comes to. Same thing occurs in the arteries of the body... :rolleyes:
    Olive oil becomes rancid when heated... Not true. Olive and many oils become rancid once opened and NOT refrigerated.
    Last edited by coontie; 02-01-2007 at 06:54 AM.

Rapeseed Oil is the true name of Canola Oil, Rapeseed. Grapeseed is from grapes, I have not confused them at all. Coconut Oil does not clogg your arteries, Coconut Oil is one of the best oils out there as you have read from one reader here. She is correct! You must do a search and read about how wonderful Coconut Oil is for everyone! Did you know that I knew some cats years ago, I mean feline cats, and they loved eating grated coconut meal. My friend use to feed his cats that! What was the other thing. animal food, yuk! if you read "by products" do you actually know what that is? pulverized beaks and feathers and yuk what ever that yuk is and they even use dead animals that were put to sleep in those so-called human societies as food, they cook and cook it, so that the pet you have willl eat it, I read about it before, It made me so sick, yuk! Your best bet is ORGANIC if you can afford it, Paul Newman, is the MAN! He has organic dry and canned for cats and dogs! A better grade of foods are out there, but you have to look. Well, you know about corn? Corn is all genetically modified. So much for the seeds of corn and who knows what they put into those seeds, most likely fish genes and they have to use lots of heavy duty chemicals like in sprays that are so toxic = chemicals = cancers and whatever. Did you know that 60^ of our foods are now genetically modified. Yeap and the fda will not let us know about it. They will not label it and they should. Just think of all the allergies that will be surfacing! And people will not know why and what from? This is corruption on the part of the fda and the government. I read that 75 million acres in the usa is now GMO. The GMO foods have never been tested! We are all guinea pigs. I read this years ago, that gmo foods are poison to all of us. Just think, how all our foods are become poisoned. Just think how small your pet is, and you ever notice pets are getting more sicker than ever before! I say, if the pet foods have by products and dead cancerous meat in there from dead animals, it is not fit to be eaten by your pets. I hope to hear from you again!

I suppose that I could do another topic, but since I am here. Do not buy animals foods that contain, BHT, BHA, they are lethal to you and your pets. They cause all sorts of problems. There is this I dont know what is wrong with the FDA to allow such junk in the foods, this one is LETHAL and does cause cancers, it begins with Ethy I cant remember but it is used for I cant remember but it is NOT FOOD GRADE, and I read this story years ago, about this lady up in Alaska, she had these beautiful dogs, they all came down with cancers and died. She found out that the dog food contained that ETHY I am sorry that I can't remember the name but it begins with that. DO NOT BUY ANIMAL PET FOOD IF IT CONTAINS< ETHY etc and BHT and BHA and food coloring, what is food coloring doing in pet foods, they are cancer causing also. Vaccines are not needed every year also, I read about that too. They contain mercury and other toxic poisons. They induce cancers too. I will write more later.