+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooting down a satellite

Does anyone else think there is more to this story than we are being told? There are obvious military advantages to this action. This is supposed to be a military spy satellite, that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to develop and deploy. If that is true, then here are some questions I would like answers to:
    Why couldn't a shuttle mission be sent to repair it?
    If it could not be repaired, then why not remove any sensitive materials from it, and then set charges to destroy it in space?
    Why are there photos available for all to see, of such a sensitive military item?

As I write this post, I am hearing previews for the news tonight. "The governor of Oklahoma will be announcing an emergency plan to deal with the runaway satellite crash".

This is very obviously a tactic to spread fear in order to justify their actions. Bush doesn't have enough time left in office to be concerned with updating his repertoire.
    This also makes me wonder if there is not a back-up plan in place. If the opposing pressure becomes to great, to allow it to be shot down,will this satellite "accidentally" hit a populated area, resulting in deaths? Of course if that occurs, the military would secure the area, for reasons of national security, and the truth would be concealed for at least 25 years.
    Was this planed from the start?
    I would appreciate hearing any information anyone may have on this subject, other than mainstream media reports.

Here are some links I found on Google about this story.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022001495.html
    http://www.space.com/businesstechnol...shootdown.html
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=19211087

Re: Shooting down a satellite

Hi MistyCowboy... welcome to the zoo *lol*

IMO there could be a number of reasons why the military is opting to shoot it down rather than retrieve it. Maybe they are being truthful about the fuel? Maybe not...

Perhaps, as hinted at in the NPR article, the satelite is too low and would present an unnecessary risk to the shuttle crew?

Then again... since the satelite failed... perhaps it is going to serve as a target to test whether or not it is feasable to shoot down a satelite... they are military targets you know.
    ===============================

Then why not shoot it anyway if it is beyond repair. Can you imagine dealing with dangerous chemical in outer space?

And shooting it down has some obvious military advantages. Chinese already shot down one satellite. We have to know if we can do it too. Satellite at that orbit and at that speed is very much approximation of ballistic weapon falling from out of space. Why not test new missiles to know if we are even remotely ready from such possibility?

I didn't realize the Chinese had already shot one down. In that case I would have to go with the 'target practice' scenario... It seems the most logical.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    I didn't realize the Chinese had already shot one down. In that case I would have to go with the 'target practice' scenario... It seems the most logical.
    I think they gave exactly the same reason: it is falling out of orbit and it is dangerous. They just did not give advanced warning. And I do not remember Russians or the others making too much fuss over it.

this is another failed attempt to regroup....their loosing. sucks to be a *igga. this satellite thing is all military propaganda feed to us by the military industrial complex....sucks, sucks sucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
    I think they gave exactly the same reason: it is falling out of orbit and it is dangerous. They just did not give advanced warning. And I do not remember Russians or the others making too much fuss over it.
    Thanks for the info Boris. ya know... it would be nice if the gov would just say that they're taking advantage if the situation to do a little shooting.

thanks again
    ============================================

Shooting down a satellite

....''IMO there could be a number of reasons why the military is opting to shoot it down rather than retrieve it.''.....
    1) Im paulcrawl and I lie and write history
    2) Im the boss, just ask bogie and coon.
    3) I crawl the best
    4) nobody lies like me, not even sink or pug or soulbore
    5) soulhores evil he exposes me as what I am. some dumbass
    6) sink's my lover :liefde:

Sharky is offline Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's User Rank

If it were just an observation Sat or Ct sat they would not have the need to shoot it down!
    If it was because of a chemical situation, residue would gather and create a dispersal in the upper atmosphere.
    Or , this is a hint that it might be?
    Check out the Old Film Defcon 4. At the beginning there is something interesting in the Sky Above. don't worry about the rest of the film.
    now when the film came out all of us on My Aircraft Carrier where amazed at How accurate it was except for humans in it. Very interesting.
    Military doesn't and never will reveal what is in Space ever. They will always feed disinformation.
    It could be part of a bigger picture called PDD#7.
    Let us remember Bush's legal term is up real soon! Maybe!
    Sharky
    P.S. what you see is only what they let you see when it comes to tech, it is a fact that they are 30 years ahead then what you know as far as Tech.
    I am not part of the Military, just lets say I was a Independant Contractor (Paul) in a Galaxy far, far away.
    Sleep tight and don't let the Bad Guys Bite!
    bye, bye
    bye, bye
    Bye, Bye
    Last edited by Sharky; 02-20-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Since you know so much "sharky" how about putting all of us in this MAZE. Do not tell us exactly but give us "hints" so we can "connect the dots" and then we can make some more Interesting, VERY INTERESTING conversations going on here. Make this a VERY SPECIAL PLACE, for you to drop us HINTS and so we get to know more of what you know and that we do not know, so we get to be as INTELLIGENT as you. Like you told me at CHAT, you were going to tell me STUFF< THINGS> so give us HINTS so we can go crazy trying to figure out what is going on.... come on... let this place be the MOST EXCITING PART OF THE FORUM. Then watch PAULCRAWL and the other morons scream and literally put them in a NUTLOCKER where they actually come from. Put them in their own TWILIGHT ZONE so they can be mentality more disturbed than what they are already.

..........China ain't liking it and i aint either...
    the whole thing is just more evil military games.
    ...... to learn more about how to be more evil.
    .............they do it just because they can!
    .... boys will be boys!
    ....look at what they did in Nevada in the 50s and 60s.

........... exploded about a 1000!!! nuclear bombs. Just for the Hell of it.
    BOOM< POW>POP .........the s h i t s fallout usually spread to the north east all across the mid west for many years...much of it settled in New England states. :zx11pissed:

Sharky is offline Right Might over Right Wrong(J. Swift) late 1600's User Rank

OK Galaxy, Here is something I will tell you.
    There is a Ship , it was given berth in a major city in the East coast. There is an Embassy almost across the street. There is a port hole on the *%@&!* ( count the symbols) it spells where(number is the amount of letters in word).
    In this port hole is a pc. of equipment that record everything said and photos all with a tech device that actually sees through the walls . This is a very public none permminate structure on a none permminate base.
    this has been there for 20 years. We know all about them.
    Next, I was in 90,000 homes installing a gray box on exteriors to telecom. No one saw me.
    Next, in 78 through the guise of Cable Tv a box was designed for use that can be turned on remotely and not by the home owner! They are more advanced now. All communication companies are not what they seem.
    Next, Does everyone truly believe that some guys in a garage developed a home computer. Or that Gates did?
    Then why did I use a Laptop in 80.
    Why did I have my own Marine Guard and answer to a Gunny?
    What did all the chatter in code say?
    Why are all your private pocessions in safety Deposit box known. Safety, HA!
    How about NSM # 46?
    How about PDD#7?
    Why did we program Telecom devices to pick up 10 words to filter in all communications and atou on features in cable boxes and sat boxes and Cells?
    How about project NAOMI?
    Why did DR Colard get a patent for AIDS, when it would have to be designed?
    Why did my brother,sister,friend Gary and primo Artie share needles 73-78 and only Artie didn't die of AIDS, reason he never got the Hepatits C Vaccine in 79 given out by the Gov, for the gay and non person pop. and 15,000 gals to Africa, but he did Hepatitis C?
    I have given you something to think about.
    Also Paul could be one of those info gatherers that have infiltrated our Military Designed Internet. Once tagged they may leave site or just monitor.
    Are we all, so ignorant not to at least see it for what it is?
    It is a division for Information Central.
    Why was the film Brazil banned from showing for ten years in The US of Corp.
    You see the only way to gather info is through everyone wanting entertainment and all these tracking devices and Microwave mind meld machines.
    It was also part of the Microwave revolution.
    Tesla's papers disappeared, taken from the Dept. of Alien Properties, by the FBI after his death.
    All of this Haarp Shit and Contrails and microwaves and Ion drive devices for what we call flying saucers and partical beams has been in developement for decades and is almost ready for what any Machine Men, Machine Mind, Machine Hearts Men, governments want to use them for. Remember Russia has this info also.
    Lets not be like Chamberland and thinK Hitler means well. This will only be to our detriment.
    Do you want to come with me to CR? You and Soulbro?
    I have room for 10 more. Leaving within a Month from Now.
    You then will never hear from me until you read my Book called ( SkatePunk, Stare into the Face of Death!)
    Hope you stay with Christ as I did.
    Are you scared yet?
    You should be!
    BB is watching and listening!!!!!! and always planning!!!!!
    Sharky:sun_smiley:
    :music:
    Last edited by Sharky; 02-21-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Sharky, Thanks for the interesting comments. Though off topic, I would like to continue further discussion. Perhaps in a different thread.
    On this topic: Does anyone know when the satellite was deployed? I am curious to know if this action was planned at the time it went up. I still find it hard to believe that something of such value would be used, when only speed and location were the important factors. I find it even harder to believe that this administration has any concern for civilian casualties. I believe it probably was a direct result of China's action, but a good cover story was needed. The time of deployment could clear that up.

I have to admit that when i first heard they were gonna nuke the satilite. how convienient. gonna shoot down a satillite so no one thinks anything of it until.....whoops how did that land on Iran? or Chicago? Damn!!!

Well, it seems to have been a successful attempt...But regardless of the reason behind the shoot-down, it must be incredibly relieving to everyone suffering from keraunothnetopobia :spin2:
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

....''must be incredibly relieving to everyone suffering from keraunothnetopobia . ?

1. counterhypothesis 2. containerports
    3. containerport 4. chronotherapies
    5. counteradaptation 6. counterespionage
    7. counterhypotheses 8. containerboards
    9. counterintuitive 10. counterdeployment
    11. counterinstitution 12. Corona Borealis
    13. counterinsurgent 14. connaturalities
    15. counterprotesting 16. containerboard
    17. countermobilization 18. counterintuitively
    19. counterresponse 20. counterresponses
    _____________________:rotz:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^