+ Reply to Thread

Here Are My Thoughts On Wah Scams/internet Scams

I'm new here, and I can't believe how many scams are actually out there. I mean I now know that ALL of the stuff you see on tv is a scam. What I don't understand is why are they showing scams on tv? shouldn't this be illegal? If not, it should be. This kind of BS really discourages me and gets me so frustrated, because I am someone who has a hard time working because I suffer from anxiety, OCD, and Depression. Although I am trying to find work on the outside(cause of my meds), I still try to find legit WAH Jobs. The only legit sites I have found so far are a couple of survey sites in which I did get paid. One site I cashed out with $33.00 and the other one $27.00, but this is basically chump change. I just don't understand why its so hard to achieve the american dream. I just want to make money and live my life before I die, life is too short for this BS.

Re: Here Are My Thoughts On Wah Scams/internet Sca

There are legit work at home jobs, try freelance writing, customer service, transcription, you can join for free if you are qualified.

There are no legitimate work at homes.

Quote Originally Posted by braves1221 View Post
    There are no legitimate work at homes.
    I have not been a member here for that long of a time, but in that short time I have noticed braves1221 make similar non-contructive posts like the one above all stating that there are no legitimate work at home opportunities. Besides being irritating, the posts provide misinformation. If this was my board, I probably would have banned him or her by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaneypop View Post
    I work from home full time.There are tons of legitimate work from home opportunities. With that being said, it is work and there is no silver bullet. Any "program" that promises very little work and high income is a scam.

That's correct.
    I would have told the same to you. Get the sense, WORK FROM HOME means only doing something that makes you money working at home. This can be anything you even not think of at the moment.

The point is, most people not using their immagination to work something out, they use Google for the word "work at home" and bang, get a ton of scam at the first page.

Of course it's not your fault to get scammed as you don't know jet how the Internet works (technically) so you believe in what you see and fall into a trap.
    After the first two or three scams you start to check out in Forums what's all about those WAH ops.

That's what you should have done in first place to find the real ones who work.

But as said you as well can turn any service you might are good at into an online business, or you can write a eBook or a report about any topic you are a pro at and sell it for profits. Or you can become a Affiliate Marketer, or a copy writer, or a Blogger who get's payed for reviewing other Blogs or, or, or.

But if you want to go that way you should get first some basic knowledge about Internet Marketing, how to market and how Google works to make it happen that your pages appear first in a search engine.
    Earning possibilities are huge online for who is willing to get a solid business fundamental.

Hope you find your way, don't give up and RESEARCH before you join anything. OK
    G.
    Last edited by bwh1; 02-17-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    Personal invitation for 10 days FREE at Wealthy Affiliate. Limited time full access WITHOUT paying a Cent Read first a Review HERE

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org

Re: Here Are My Thoughts On Wah Scams/internet Scams

most work from home ads are scams

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeezy View Post
    ... I am someone who has a hard time working because I suffer from anxiety, OCD, and Depression. Although I am trying to find work on the outside(cause of my meds), I still try to find legit WAH Jobs. The only legit sites I have found so far are a couple of survey sites in which I did get paid. One site I cashed out with $33.00 and the other one $27.00, but this is basically chump change. I just don't understand why its so hard to achieve the american dream. I just want to make money and live my life before I die, life is too short for this BS.
    Sorry to tell you this, but...

You'll never achieve the American Dream doing surveys. Doing surveys is not a business nor is it a job. It's a way to provide valuable feedback to companies doing research. In exchange, you get anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars to points.

If you want the American Dream, you'll either have to get a good paying job or you'll have to start a a business. There are many businesses you can do from your home with a computer and an Internet connection.

I would agree most WAH opportunities promoted online are scams. Finding a legitimate income source where you can earn genuine, self-employed income that allows you to quit your job is akin to looking for a needle in a haystack.

I had a distinct advantage. I found my niche before the internet was created.

I started my home-based business back in '84 on a part-time basis and made the transition to full-time business owner in July '87. Twenty-seven years later, my business is still going strong and I hope to continue selling until my planned retirement at age 97 (another 35 years).

If you enjoy what you do, it really isn't work.

My advice for those looking for WAH or Work From Home income - Proceed with caution.

I can make money working at home now, but only because I spent so many years building my customer base, and I can meet my client's needs without seeing them face-to-face.

But, I still choose to make sales calls across SW Louisiana and SE Texas, including Houston.

Other than sales, I don't know what field other than web design is good for building that home based-income.

Even if you are doing graphic arts or web site building, you still have to sell yourself and your service.

Good luck,

Dennis Bevers

NEVER SAY NEVER and NEVER QUIT on your DREAMS of HOME BUSINESS SUCCESS

Interesting,

The lessons one needs to learn in order to achieve the American Dream is not an easy journey, but the real lesson is not to give up on your dream of having a successful home based business.

Yes, there are many scams, and most who have been scammed are here for that reason, they have or had been screwed at some point in their journey to find success. I am here because I got scammed and I continue to live and learn and share my experiences to help others minimize the bumps in the road to success.

There are thousands of good solid business opportunities to choose from, so don't give up on your dreams, I know it is discouraging to lose money chasing your dream, but everyone can be successful if they learn how to identify the best businesses, and avoid the get rich quick scams we have all encountered in our journey.

My advice is to seek out businesses which you have knowledge about already, either from your current job, or area of interest, you have to like what you are doing in any business or you won't see success. So many take a job they have no interest in just because they need to income, I know that is how I started, and if you ask most people if they like their job, most don't and would rather be doing something else. Don't make this mistake without understanding the down side, you can easily get trapped in a lifetime of jobs you personally hate, it happened to me for years before I took a shot at starting my own business.

As others have done, you start part time, work at it until it grows to a point you can leave your current job and take your part time business to full time which is the route most take given most cannot afford or can handle the risk of quitting without a guaranteed income assured by your current job. Not easy to quit even when you have a nice savings account to back you up, most cannot deal with risk and it took me several years to finally make the plunge.

Now the most important lesson, if you fail, good for you, this means you are one step closer to success in your own business. Without failure, whether it be a scam, company you chose went under, or your lack of experience, failure is a key part in any success formula. Ask any successful business owner if they have ever failed and every single one will say yes, so don't get discouraged, never quit, success is just that much closer for you now and lessons learned are invaluable in all businesses.

Now you want to focus on recession proof businesses first and foremost given the economy is not in a good place for most. So choose a product or service that everyone already uses, then find a quality lower priced product line as everyone is looking to save money in these tough times. Choose a product which technically sells itself via the internet, one that seeing is believing, this is why all those As Seen On TV products sell millions, video is important selling tool as I have learned. Since most people are not sales oriented, it helps to choose a product which sells itself while you hone your selling skills which is all part of learning to own your own business.

Most people do not like to sell, just as they don't like to be sold, take the example of the auto dealer scenario, who likes the process of buying a car? The pressure, the decision process, the hard sale tactics, the fear of making buying mistake, etc. As a car enthusiast, or better put, car nut, knowing all I could about the automobile, and combined with my finance and leasing knowledge, I started my second business as a consultant or buyers agent if you will knowing people did not like the typical buying experience back in the 80's. I enjoyed helping people acquire their vehicles, would locate exactly what they were looking for and I would arrange lease or finance of vehicles and deliver it to their door and people loved the service and would refer all their family and friends.

When I quit my corporate job, I sold Mercedes Benz, Porcshe and Audi's at the time and learned just how sleezy the business really is. This was the first step I took to be fully educated on the industry before I started my own lease and finance business with focus on serving professionals like lawyers and doctors, business CEO's and women who loved the personal soft sale approach I presented. I would educate clients and save them time and money, simple forumula that launched a successful business which I had for years. Knowing nothing is assured forever, and when recession hit, I added other services my client base were already using, so I started a travel agency and had a built in client base, so this took off as well with no additional cost or expense given I already had office and good retail location. I added another location and again, turned it into a success. THis is just one example of how to carve out a niche where you focus on saving people time and money while providing a quality service with a personal touch.

Long story short, I sold the above businesses as my quest to start new businesses was an addiction, and I loved the challenge, not for everyone, but I have always been a risk taker since learning an important lesson, no risk, no reward, and my risk taking paid off and continues to pay off, you just have to decide what business you want to build and enjoy the fruits of your labor, and hard work is part of any successful business story. Do not fall for the get rich quick deals, they are all scams, and that is the last lesson I want to instill in all who are seeking to start their own home based online business. I would never start a traditional business again since discovering the power of the internet and the low overhead advantages over having building lease, employees, utility bills and all the tax headaches of traditional businesses. Another lesson learned, so my last bit of advice, JUST GO FOR IT.

Success to all,