+ Reply to Thread

Champion Marketing Group - FairFax VA, Scam!!!!!!

Before i get to much into detail I would like to say that I feel brainwashed. It is now 4:12am and ever since I was taken out for what is known as "Day Of Observation" I haven't been able to sleep or think correctly.

I will now began to tell the Story of a horrifying SCAM! by a fictitious company that goes by the name of "Champion Marketing", Champion Marketing Group, Or Cause Marketing Solutions.

I found the Ad on Craigslist for a "office" job for entry-level marketing and things related to that matter. There was a number on the listing saying to call for an immediate interview for which I called this number here & was told to come in for an immediate interview.

To make a long story short I came in for the interview & was told a HUGE SACK of Dirty lies.

don't fall for this company or any other company in the DC, MD, VA area. They are all the same.

****WARNING Craigslist users******

Growing advertising and marketing company, servicing a wide range of clients is looking for people to learn all aspects of advertising, sales, public relations and management. Must be available now with great people skills. Great entry-level opportunity. We will train qualified candidates. Call Kara at 703-448-8998 for an immediate interview or send resume to hr1@championmktg.com. Visit our website at www.championmktg.com.

If you see the text above do not call, do not go in for an interview, do not do any of that. You'll be better off working at Macdonald's where you are offered an actual salary and are not slaved to sell SCAMY coupon books for commission.

The make you go door to door selling these scamy coupon saver books for 40 bucks, to help promote "wheel chair basketball" in your surrounding areas. Who the hell has ever heard of "wheel chair basketball" needing funding? All the money from those books is going straight into the owner pocket I believe his name is : :2gunsfiring_v1:Thomas L. Briscoe

This man will lie is ass off to get you out and selling those scammy coupon books. I'm soo glad I'm smart enough to see throught it and eagerly turned down the job after a painfully long "day of observation" having people's doors slammed in my face & told NO more times than I've ever heard in my life.

I BEG ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS JOB PLEASE DON'T!, TURN AWAY LOOK ELSEWHERE, BUT BE CAREFUL THERE ARE OTHER SO CALLED "COMPANIES" IN THE AREA RUNNING SIMILAR SCAMS.

California Surfin Guest

Re: Champion Marketing Group - FairFax VA, Scam!!!

Sounds like Carl Humphries with "Vision Media" would fit right in

I'm not getting involved with this one! That's for sure!!!:chicken:

So sorry this happened to you. Thanks for the head's up.

REBUTTAL from CHAMPION MARKETING GROUP

1. Regarding the second paragraph: “I will now began to tell the Story of a horrifying SCAM! by a fictitious company that goes by the name of "Champion Marketing", Champion Marketing Group, Or Cause Marketing Solutions.”
    We are not a “fictitious company,” we are an actual company with a business license and tax I.D. number.

2. Regarding third paragraph: “I found the Ad on Craigslist for a "office" job for entry-level marketing and things related to that matter.”
    We’ve never put an ad up promoting that it is an office job, plus Craigslist doesn’t even have an office job section to put an ad in.
    3. Forth paragraph: “To make a long story short I came in for the interview & was told a HUGE SACK of Dirty lies.”
    What was lied about? We are very up front in the interviews about what we do and how we do it.
    4. Seventh paragraph: “If you see the text above do not call, do not go in for an interview, do not do any of that. You'll be better off working at Macdonald's where you are offered an actual salary and are not slaved to sell SCAMY coupon books for commission.”
    Our people actually make a guaranteed base minimum and we definitely don’t “slave” people to sell our promotions.
    5. Eighth paragraph: “They make you go door to door selling these scamy coupon saver books for 40 bucks, to help promote "wheel chair basketball" in your surrounding areas.”
    The wheelchair association does actually exist, we have been a partner with them helping to raise much needed funds for them. Anyone can go to www.nwba.org (National Wheelchair Basketball Association) and see what kind of m o n e y we’ve helped to raise for them and how they are a legitimate charity or 501c3.

It is really amazing that someone would honestly think that we were skamming kids in wheelchairs and not giving them m o n e y or help. I apparently need to apologize to someone out there for miscommunication about who we are as a company and what we do.

At no point and time though have I ever lied to someone about what we do, or tried to scam someone about what is going on here. We have legitimate clients we work for and legitimate charities we help out also.

Thomas Briscoe
    President
    Champion Marketing Group

If you have questions, e-mail me at hr1@championmktg.com

I've posted this on ripoff report, but really just wanted to make sure Thomas Briscoe read it.
    Unfortunately, he's a good guy who himself is so manipulated by the company he's become so sucked into thinking it's something wonderful.

I worked for the company for 6 months... 6 months I wish I could get back. I was a leader for almost all of my time at Champion Marketing Group, and never promoted one person to leadership beneath me... I'm told that my skills as a leader are to blame for this... Actually the truth is that I couldn't lie to people. I refused to manipulate my 'Day of O's' into believing this was some miracle company.

I was privied to a lot of information through those months, because... I actually looked sharp, was smart, and was in the 'Manager Training Program' as opposed to the 'Sales Training Program'... these are the same... but the MTP people are better groomed, and have higher potential of being Managers one day, so the Owners claim. I was spending at least 80 hours a week at work. The only day I had off was Sunday, and sometimes if there was a roadtrip, or conference, or some other event, I didn't even have that day off. Every Sunday I was to call everyone on my 'team', because if you left one day to let them think about what life would be like without the company... they wouldn't come back on Monday.

So why did I stay for so long? My friends. That's it. I was actually pretty good at sales, one of the highest in the company. I was one of the best trainers, and was constantly taking out new recruits. I stayed late every night for 'fast track to management' as they call it. The company does suck you in, like a cult. You have no time for anything else but work. I stayed at the office until around 11 almost every night, because I thought that if I didn't, I would be treated as one of the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Sales [COLOR=blue! important]Training[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] people. These fast track meetings consisted of talking badly about other people in the office, and how to use and manipulate the people under you so that you can advance. This system shows how you can step on people to get ahead.

I just completed my taxes for 2007, and I pray that I won't get audited. Since Champion is based on commission, you don't get a paycheck. You receive cash everyday, which is a bonus... you always have money and are never waiting 2 weeks to get paid. Since there are no paychecks, there are no taxes! I regret not keeping a mileage log, but I do have about 300 receipts. I put about 45K miles on my car in the 6 months I worked there, so I was able to write off a lot of expenses. (Since you are an independant contractor, you can write things off as business expenses.)

My tax forms from Champion state that I made about 10K... in 6 months? Ok... so thats 20K a year... I thought I was promised 32K? And I said I was one of the top sellers in the office. So let's do basic math, for a basic sales person at Champion. At a base pay of 350 a week, at 12 hours a day 10-10 (yes it really happens, everyday) for 6 days a week... You make 4.86 an hour. Ok... I'll take some time off, because Saturday is a 'short day' so... 68 hours a week, leaves you making 5.14 an hour. Horray!

I was told many times, that only the strong survive and that only a very select few actually make it through the program. I think leaving was one of the best things I've ever done, and starting and staying was the worst. I have morals and ethics, and couldn't use people to get myself ahead. This experience has taught me a lot however. It's shown me the person I will never be, the way not to be treated, and it's given me strength to stand up for what I believe in.

I didn't quit because of the snow, or rain, or heat. I worked in it all. I didn't quit because I had a relationship within the company that went bad. I stuck around for 2 months afterwards to try and prove that I wasn't there for that, which no one ever believed me anyway. I didn't quit because it was door to door sales. I actually thank the 'excersize program' for any weight loss. I wasn't embarrassed to knock on someone's door, it wasn't about the job, or the hours. You'd think that would be enough to make someone quit, but it wasn't. I didn't mind any of that. I quit because of the owner. Thomas Briscoe. I worked my butt off every single day for him, much more than the rest of the office, who usually slacked off. I was belittled, and ridiculed, screamed at, harrassed, and mortified.

I was told that people quit people, not the company... well... if that was the case, then I wouldn't still be friends with the people who left the company... yet I still talk to most of the people I trained, and a few I can call my best friends. For this reason alone, I cannot regret working for Champion Marketing.