+ Reply to Thread

Thread: God was gay.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

God was gay.

Conflict between Horus and Set

By the Nineteenth dynasty, the previous brief enmity between Set and Horus, in which Horus had ripped off one of Set's testicles, was revitalised as a separate tale. According to Papyrus Chester-Beatty I, Set was considered to have been homosexual and is depicted as trying to prove his dominance by seducing Horus and then having intercourse with him. However, Horus places his hand between his thighs and catches Set's semen, then subsequently throws it in the river, so that he may not be said to have been inseminated by Set. Horus then deliberately spreads his own semen on some lettuce, which was Set's favorite food (the Egyptians thought that lettuce was phallic). After Set has eaten the lettuce, they go to the deities to try to settle the argument over the rule of Egypt. The deities first listen to Set's claim of dominance over Horus, and call his semen forth, but it answers from the river, invalidating his claim. Then, the deities listen to Horus' claim of having dominated Set, and call his semen forth, and it answers from inside Set.[6] In consequence, Horus is declared the ruler of Egypt.

What made you think I was talking about YOUR God? You're a little conceited aren't you?

Godeskian is offline I have taken all knowledge to be my province. User Rank

Re: God was gay.

Lettuce was phallic? Mcdonalds flippers habit of spreading semen on lettuce has antecedents from ancient egypt? Horus ripped one of Set's testicles off?

I'm learning so much. Of course, in my defense, I was always more interested in the ancient greek pantheon than the ancient egyptian one.
    Close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Re: God was gay.

Well I quoted this from the most reputable of sources... Wikipedia LOL