+ Reply to Thread

Hurry up six o'clock...

I can't wait until kick off...GO PATS yb:
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Hurry up six o'clock...

It's going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUWHAHAHAHA! Another Manning takes MVP! And the Patriots lose! Still - it wasn't Peyton, but Eli's close enough!

4. 02-03-2008, 09:34 PM

OK, so I could have waited after all...

BTW...Lisan, Tom is still better that Payton...and now, so is Eli...Mwahahaha, yerself...

GO CELTICS!!
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    I can't wait until kick off...GO PATS yb:
    Bet you didn't see that coming...???? It was a great game to watch...
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    Bet you didn't see that coming...???? It was a great game to watch...
    I don't think anyone saw that coming :1crysad:...except maybe the Giants...I have never been a Giants fan, but I find I don't like them any less I guess that has to count for something
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Jigglepete what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :1crysad:

Tom is talented, but when it comes to being not only an incredible football player, but a good guy, Peyton beats Tom Brady hands down. Peyton Manning plays for a team that is respected not only because they play well, but they play nice. The Patriots are lacking in a lot of aspects - especially by the lack of respect they show to teams who beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    Tom is talented, but when it comes to being not only an incredible football player, but a good guy, Peyton beats Tom Brady hands down. Peyton Manning plays for a team that is respected not only because they play well, but they play nice. The Patriots are lacking in a lot of aspects - especially by the lack of respect they show to teams who beat them.
    I think you mean Patriots fans I really did not see anything but respect for the Giants and frustration in the way they played personally. Anyway, we just picked up where we left off last year (BTW nice to see you back around the board :)...So, who do you like in hoops?
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Bill left the field before the game was officially over. (And he knew it wasn't over yet. I think he just couldn't handle losing to the Giants.)

Anyway, as for basketball I don't follow it to closely, but I grew up in Michigan and have always had a soft spot for the Pistons. I also like the Lakers and despite living in Utah, I HATE THE JAZZ!!!!!

Bill left the field before the game was officially over. (And he knew it wasn't over yet. I think he just couldn't handle losing to the Giants.)

Anyway, as for basketball I don't follow it to closely, but I grew up in Michigan and have always had a soft spot for the Pistons. I also like the Lakers and despite living in Utah, I HATE THE JAZZ!!!!!
    Yeh, you (nor me) can deny the fact that Bill left the field before the final kneel down. Was that dis-respect, or just frustration, I did hear in his next-day, post game interview that he knew the game was over and both teams were heading on to the field...he said that he only wanted to congratulate Caughlin and get off the field...Personally I see that as frustration not dis-respect.

I (I bet you never would have guessed) am a Celtics fan (although I am willing to admit to fair-weather fanage, but not while they are playing this well) But I see we may actually have a team or two we both might root for at the college level, that being the U of M Wolverines (Go Blue) but also the M State Spartans (Go big Green?)...Really, I just like to establish common ground even with people I might sometimes disagree with on certain subjects :judges: :rain:
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm a born and bred Michigan Woverines fan! However, when I was growing up you either had to like Michigan, or Michigan State, and I sided with Michigan. My uncle is a Celtics fan too. I'm not that passionate about basketball though. Football is my true passion in sports, including college football (where Michigan shines)!

I do watch soccer as well, but mostly I catch the European games on Fox's soccer channel.

I'm a born and bred Michigan Woverines fan! However, when I was growing up you either had to like Michigan, or Michigan State, and I sided with Michigan. My uncle is a Celtics fan too. I'm not that passionate about basketball though. Football is my true passion in sports, including college football (where Michigan shines)!

I do watch soccer as well, but mostly I catch the European games on Fox's soccer channel.
    lisan, see, I knew there had to be common ground somewhere, sports-wise, for both of us...As far as Michigan (specifically U-of) My sister is an alum, and she totally got me into their football team, over time, I also grew to enjoy the hoops squad as well. In general, I have always enjoyed college sports more than professional.

That said...you are absolutely not going to believe you are hearing this from me...(and if it gets back to me I'll deny it completely)...I was watching the probowl this evening and Payton was asked what he enjoyed better, winning the superbowl, or seeing his younger brother win the superbowl. What he said was (and I do not quote), I don't remember being any more happy when I won the superbowl, than seeing Ely win one...That was a mondo classy statement, regardless of how I feel about Payton as a football player, he is a really nice human being...(but I still think he has a long way to go to catch up to his brother, talent-wise:spin2:)
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Ya, it was obvious he was pretty excited. They showed a shot of Peyton right after the winning td for the Giants. He's not good at hiding emotion like his parents.

I'm hoping for a Giants vs. Colts superbowl next year. That would be awesome. And I'd love to watch their parents reactions. (When they played the opening game a couple seasons ago their parents didn't react to anything. It was hilarious.)

Ya, it was obvious he was pretty excited. They showed a shot of Peyton right after the winning td for the Giants. He's not good at hiding emotion like his parents.

I'm hoping for a Giants vs. Colts superbowl next year. That would be awesome. And I'd love to watch their parents reactions. (When they played the opening game a couple seasons ago their parents didn't react to anything. It was hilarious.)
    I suppose that would be an interesting match-up...If it happens, my monies on Ely and the Giants (sorry :spin2:)
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I don't know. Eli has really only made it in the playoffs once, and he won the Super Bowl. It's a little early for me to say that Eli is a better playoff QB. Peyton, by far, is the better regular season QB. If he can just keep it together during the playoffs it probably would've been the Colts with all those Super Bowl wins, not the Patriots. It's a hard pick. It really depends on how Eli plays this upcoming season.