+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vegetarians

Vegetarians

cosmetologists say that a typical vegetarian has dry and fragile hair, dull eyes and unhealthy complexion. They can hardly stand criticism and have a low boiling point. They raise their voice, swing their arms and splutter when arguing. They are weak even in their logic. They exemplify their righteousness with the cow, a herbivorous animal, and say that nature originally made a human being as a vegetarian creature.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01...ons_of_nature/

Re: Vegetarians

And Adolph Hitler was a Vegetarian - which may have influenced Pravda just a bit; good to see they are maintaining their high, soviet-era journalistic standards.
    Thanks, mumbles.

i always wanted to be a vegetarian!?but is too expensive!?i mean,how can green beans cost more than chicken breast!?:rotz: :1crysad: :freak3: :king22: hehe!!...just askn..
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

cosmetologists say that a typical vegetarian has dry and fragile hair, dull eyes and unhealthy complexion. They can hardly stand criticism and have a low boiling point. They raise their voice, swing their arms and splutter when arguing. They are weak even in their logic. They exemplify their righteousness with the cow, a herbivorous animal, and say that nature originally made a human being as a vegetarian creature.
    From personal experience I know this isn't true. Have you ever met a vegetarian?
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true."

The article is funny. I have been a Vegetarian for YEARS. Every year, after having my annual physical my Doctor is stumped to say anything negative about my health. My blood work comes back with flying colors. My weight is stable. I'm happy and have no reason to complain. I hold down a fantastic job. I'm even tempered and full of life. All is good.

The big question is:

Why does anyone care what I, or anyone else on a non typical diet, eat? Is it effecting you? Does my not eating a hamburger somehow taint your view of your burger? Not all Vegetarians are radicals. We have our own personal reasons and we go about our lives like everyone else. The thought that you can generalize a person based soley on their choice of diet is laughable.

:

Quote Originally Posted by Qi123 View Post
    From personal experience I know this isn't true. Have you ever met a vegetarian?
    Yes I have...a friend of my sister will not eat meat...she only eats pasta, veggies along that line...she really needs to get more info...she pays no attention nor does she keep any counts on protein in the foods she eats. So she has some problems...doing it on your own is not a good idea...what are your thoughts. Glad to see you back!!!!
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    Yes I have...a friend of my sister will not eat meat...she only eats pasta, veggies along that line...she really needs to get more info...she pays no attention nor does she keep any counts on protein in the foods she eats. So she has some problems...doing it on your own is not a good idea...what are your thoughts. Glad to see you back!!!!
    Veg or not if you don't have a proper diet you will run into problems. I suggest she visit a dietitician or get more protein in her diet by eating soya or tofu. I grew up as a veg and my parents cooked well balanced vegetarian meals and my family had no probs.

Yes im bringin sexy back. You're an angel now?
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true."

Quote Originally Posted by Qi123 View Post
    Veg or not if you don't have a proper diet you will run into problems. I suggest she visit a dietitician or get more protein in her diet by eating soya or tofu. I grew up as a veg and my parents cooked well balanced vegetarian meals and my family had no probs.

Yes im bringin sexy back. You're an angel now?
    Yes..for now...I tend to get bored easily and must constantly change things.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

I don't know what is going on with this site...all our responses are being duplicated...:freak3:

As for eating just vegetables...I think anything done to an extreme isn't good. The good lord provided the fish of the seas, the beef of the fields for us to eat, as well as the fields of grain. It's called a balanced diet :sun_smiley: !
    Last edited by S. Holmes; 02-19-2008 at 11:49 AM.

Subject: Good Health & Fitness, Q & A

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! .... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had aboutfood and diets.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

This article (written by the official Russian news agency PRAVDA) has little, if anything, to do with diet or nutrition. In keeping with their history as a state controlled source of propaganda, I believe this is all about politics.

Generally speaking, vegetarians tend to be of a more liberal/ leftist political persuasion. The new Russia has much more in common with the greedy, capitalistic ruling class of America than the old, failed Soviet brand of communism. Sowing the seeds of suspicion amongst it's citizenry is just par for the course.

"This article (written by the official news agency PRAVDA) has little, if anything, to do with diet or nutrition." - skyvoyager

You're right, skyvoyager. Wikipedia states:

"A 1999 metastudy . . . found that the mortality ratio was the lowest in fish eaters (0.82) followed by vegetarians (0.84) and occasional meat eaters (0.84) and which was then followed by regular meat eaters (1.0) and vegan (1.0)."

" . . . large scale studies have shown vegetarianism to increase longevity, improve health, and significantly lower risks of cancer and other diseases."

I do occasionally eat fish but I don't eat any other animal flesh. I think regular meat eaters should take a temporary break from eating meat every day . . . . maybe go on a 2-week vegetarian diet once in a while. It really would be a healthy change.

The trimmest people I know, including me, are regular beef eaters; the fattest eat a lot of chicken:chicken: and salads. Just my observations. Also, fat:piggy: people always have a huge drink of some kind in their hand or close by, diet or otherwise. I don't know why that is.
    Study: Sugar Substitutes Make You Fatter
    http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0208/495235.html
    Last edited by phlipper; 04-02-2008 at 01:23 PM.