+ Reply to Thread

Poker Cheat Scam

Be forewarned there isn't any poker cheat software. http://www.pokerspyware.net claims to have a poker cheating software that allows you to see your opponents hands and cards being dealt before they are dealt. This is a scam, you will receive a poker simulation software only.
    Please do not fall for this. All contact information on web site is false, you will get a return as undeliverable. Once you download the program the terms for installing it says "Do not reverse the charges with your credit card company or we will place it into collections" Even though the web site says 200% refund Guarantee.
    I am taking action on this scam, I have contacted his web host, and the BBB and will be contacting PayPal, and Google check out to try and prevent him from being able to process any additional payments.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Re: Poker Cheat Scam

Quote Originally Posted by Figster View Post
    Be forewarned there isn't any poker cheat software. http://www.pokerspyware.net claims to have a poker cheating software that allows you to see your opponents hands and cards being dealt before they are dealt. This is a scam, you will receive a poker simulation software only.
    Please do not fall for this. All contact information on web site is false, you will get a return as undeliverable. Once you download the program the terms for installing it says "Do not reverse the charges with your credit card company or we will place it into collections" Even though the web site says 200% refund Guarantee.
    I am taking action on this scam, I have contacted his web host, and the BBB and will be contacting PayPal, and Google check out to try and prevent him from being able to process any additional payments.

.... come on... You didn't really fall for that did you? What makes you think such a thing would exist? The server running the poker game isn't going to freely give out other peoples cards. They would lose money as noone would want to play for money with a cheater.

You tried to cheat and you got stung becuase you don't no squat about technology. Don't cheat at cards.

Gambling sites spend millions of dollars on security to keep cheating to an absolute minimum. They need to keep their multi-billion dollar industry running. What makes you think that some $20 piece of software can undo that level of security?

If you read the page it explained the technology and even supplied screen shots, the thing is when I place an all in bet, with pocket k's or aces, and someone call it with a 10 2 and they get two 10's I have to wonder if they had a cheat program. After having things like that happen over and over again, I run into this.. yeah.. I wanted to see if it was for real!
    Too often an opponent has made an unbelievable call. If you know anything about programming, you might understand that the cards for that hand have been set from the time the first hold card has been dealt.
    So yes smart ARS I did check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    What makes you think that some $20 piece of software can undo that level of security?
    By the way the software is 179.00, and was being hosted on a reputable software site. regsoftware It was they who decided to post a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Figster View Post
    By the way the software is 179.00, and was being hosted on a reputable software site. regsoftware It was they who decided to post a refund.
    Ouch.... That would hurt. That's a fair chunk of cash.

But let's assume it did find a loophole. Why sell it? They could use it themselves to make billions before someone noticed and closed them out.

I can guarentee that the company hosting the poker would rather stop serving poker alltogether than let it out that they allow a cheater to steal from their clients.

Why on earth would someone give something like that away for any price? It doesn't work... that why.

It's simple. I fell for it and I did something about it. I Received a refund from RegSoft the hosting provider for the sale and the download, plus I reported his page to the hosting company that maintains the server. He will not be getting any more people like he got me. When you view the page he had the BBB logo, and several testimonials, and endorsements, in addition to being hosted by a reputable company. Plus strict instructions not to over use the program in fear of detection, and that the program deactivates if there is someone else using it. Hind sight is 20/20. You sitting there reading the post may think how did he fall for that? Well, the same way anyone falls for any scam. I made the purchase before checking it out completely. My wife was in a hurry to go somewhere, so I paid for it and downloaded it quickly knowing that if it were a scam, I could always dispute it with my credit card company and do a back charge. Your attacking the victim, instead of the scammer here. You did not see the page I made the purchase from, and you were not sitting in my chair when I went for it, so there really isn't any reason to keep questioning my poor judgment at the time.

I know... Sorry for seeming to attack you. I'm sure you're beating yourself up inside and don't need me helping.

You just always have to think to yourself, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

I have a Comp-eng background so I know 20 reasons why that wouldn't work. It's so clear to me that it's difficult for me to accept that it's not obvious to other people that don't understand the workings of the computer.

My appologies for attacking you. I didn't mean it that way. I meant it more as an exclaimation of shock than a diss.

Can you please help, it happened to me as well. How did you get your money back?

Bad Choice, When I made my bad choice I notified the hosting provider, and the credit card processor. Since they were using a 3rd party software downloader called regsoft I was able to get a refund via them. They scammer was then removed from that location. I suppose they have set up business elsewhere now. What is the new link to the page you purchased from? Start looking into who processed the charge on your credit card report, usually a phone number listed there to call.