+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are There any legit online jobs?

I really need a job. I've been looking for some on the internet but for most of them they have a startup fee or something like that which I can't pay. I'm dead broke. are there any legit online ways to make money on the internet out there for me? please let me know

Re: Are There any legit online jobs?

I also and wondering the same thing i ordered one from onlinebusinesssystems.com and am sending it back the second it arrives.

I dont live around anyone i can trust to watch my daughter and no one will hire me because im pregnant even though thats descrimination. I found on but i was not hired and i have also forgotten the web site. I cant afford daycare even with my husbands salary and i would like to get some extra money. I dont need to make thousands i just need a little more then ive got now.

There are lots of real companies.. I post at least 1/2 a dozen real "jobs" a day in the work at home section of my forum. (okay.. NORMALLY).. today I only posted a few because I had to volunteer at my dd's school.

Quote Originally Posted by mrszuniga View Post

I dont live around anyone i can trust to watch my daughter and no one will hire me because im pregnant even though thats descrimination. I found on but i was not hired and i have also forgotten the web site. I cant afford daycare even with my husbands salary and i would like to get some extra money. I dont need to make thousands i just need a little more then ive got now.
    If you just need a little bit more, I would recommend to investigate paid surveys and shadow shopping. Experienced members here reported that you can have few hundred dollars a month with part time work.

Just remember that legitimate companies in those fields do not take money upfront or ask you for wire transfers(popular scammers tricks).

To be honest, many people have the wrong idea to Online Jobs, people believe that working online is EASY, it is not!
    You dont get a JOB to make $ online, most of them are scams. Even if they arent, they wouldn't make you enough money. The only way is to do internet marketing, however you will have to spend time and effort.

There are many legit online jobs available, it depends on your skills and where you stay

There are NO legit online "jobs".

braves1221,

Do you ever have any response than your usual, "Everything is a scam! There is no legitimate way to make money online or from home!"?

I would suspect that if I checked all 50 of your posts, I'd find nothing positive, just your usual, "They're all scams!" generic response.

If someone asked about getting married, would you post that marriage is also a scam, where one or both are just marrying to take advantage of the other person?

I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping to read a positive reply from you if I live long enough.

Dennis
    Last edited by DBeavers; 01-26-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunn646 View Post
    I really need a job. I've been looking for some on the internet but for most of them they have a startup fee or something like that which I can't pay. I'm dead broke. are there any legit online ways to make money on the internet out there for me? please let me know
    To answer your question, there are a very limited number of jobs promoted online that are both legitimate and real "jobs". A job in the tradition meaning involves an employer hiring one or more employees to do specific work in exchange for pay. The employer has the right to specific controls over your work, setting various guidelines and minimum requirements.

Most online sources for income are not "jobs" as such, but there are a number of different opportunities.

1. Affiliate: You post links on your site, and when possible on other internet locations that direct traffic to the site you are paid for delivering traffic. Some pay a small amount for every visitor who comes via your link. Others pay a larger commission, based on a pre-set percentage of the purchases made on the site. A few people are making a sizable income from their successful affiliate work, promoting a large number of sites.

2. Contract work: eLance dot com and other similar sites carry posts offering payment for specific tasks, such as proofreading, clerical work, creating eBooks, and other one-time or short-term assignments. The person completing the tasks is paid for the contract work, with eLance receiving a percentage of the payment for their fee.

3. Independent agents: Agents work for companies, but not in the traditional employee manner. The company cannot set specific hours or locations for the work to be done. They can't provide a work space, health insurance, and other benefits that an employer offers. All the criteria are established by the U.S. government, which restrict the company and the Independent Agent. In some cases, an employer has been discovered to use agent status to avoid paying workman's comp, matching employee taxes, etc. and has had to pay when the government declared the agents to be employees.

4. Self employment: Individuals have started online stores selling all kinds of products, some independently, while others utilize ebay and other auction sites to get more traffic for their products. While many focus on selling products, others sell their skills at building websites, creating and selling eBooks, providing Search Engine Optimization Services, creating logos and other artwork, and any number of other tasks that individuals and business pay people to do for them.

While most would call me self-employed, and I am in a way, I sell as an Independent Agent for Kaeser and Blair. I help businesses and industries find and purchase the various promotional products with their name and logo added to them. I've run my business from home for the past 23 1/2 years.

I'm just one of the nearly 4000 individuals across the U.S. who sell as Independent Agents for K & B. And they are just one distributor of the 15,000 distributors who make up the selling side of the industry. There are over 3600 different companies who make and decorate all the ink pens, calendars, coffee mugs, caps, magnets, shirts & jackets, golf balls, USB memory sticks, and thousands of other items that make up the promotional advertising industry.

Neither sales nor my field of promotional advertising are right for everyone, but there are a number of people who are selling the products to online buyers, through their own individual website.

Good luck in finding the right business for you.

Dennis Bevers

I heard that SFI ( Six Figure Income ) is a legitmate job and I think you pay later after you make some money. THEY do alot of the work for you, they get your referrals people that they put under you. Why dont you email them, So just put in your browser SFI I am sure that their website will pop up for you then you can email them. I hope that this helps you out.

There are some out there, though you won't make a whole lotta cash from the really genuine ones

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    I heard that SFI ( Six Figure Income ) is a legitmate job and I think you pay later after you make some money.
    No, SFI is a business opportunity. They are not an employer offering a job to anyone. You pay for joining and you pay for their services. No job involved.

SFI is primarily selling tools to people to use in their existing or start-up bizopp.

Dennis Bevers

There are very few (if any) legit jobs online. With every offer you come across, ask yourself 3 questions:
    1) Why would someone pay me big time $$$ to basically do a job that a 16 year old could do for them for minimum wage?
    2) Why am I paying $$$ for a book, "members" access, etc. before I even know what I'm doing or how I make money?
    3) Why is their no phone # listed on most of these scam sites so you can call them & ask about the program?

Dont believe most of the online reviews you read on other sites either. Notice they have links to the "best" work at home sites. They are affiliates, meaning everytime they redirect a person to their site & they sign up for the scam, the affiliate gets a % for helping direct you to the scam.

Quote Originally Posted by mc2288 View Post
    There are very few (if any) legit jobs online. With every offer you come across, ask yourself 3 questions:
    1) Why would someone pay me big time $$$ to basically do a job that a 16 year old could do for them for minimum wage?
    2) Why am I paying $$$ for a book, "members" access, etc. before I even know what I'm doing or how I make money?
    3) Why is their no phone # listed on most of these scam sites so you can call them & ask about the program?

Dont believe most of the online reviews you read on other sites either. Notice they have links to the "best" work at home sites. They are affiliates, meaning everytime they redirect a person to their site & they sign up for the scam, the affiliate gets a % for helping direct you to the scam.
    YAY for you! I love to see common sense win out every now and then! :king22:

15. 01-31-2008, 10:32 PM

Reason
    Doesn't apply to question.. mispost?

MomOnAMission Guest

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    I heard that SFI ( Six Figure Income ) is a legitmate job and I think you pay later after you make some money. THEY do alot of the work for you, they get your referrals people that they put under you. Why dont you email them, So just put in your browser SFI I am sure that their website will pop up for you then you can email them. I hope that this helps you out.
    SFI is not a JOB...It's a Business. It is free to join. I know because I am a member. In order to make commissions, you have to qualify. Getting qualified to get paid commission is a ball game that most people starting out at home can not afford. The company is legit....they issue pay checks on time....the compensation plan is great. But you have to advertise and get referral and get qualified to make it.

MomOnAMission Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrszuniga View Post
    I also and wondering the same thing i ordered one from onlinebusinesssystems.com and am sending it back the second it arrives.

Congrats on the baby. I too am pregnant...due to drop any day now. I found something online that pays great. It takes a lot of effort on your part. But as long as your open minded, it will work. It's free by the way.....see my sig.

Aside from that.......I also decided to fill out an app. for a Real Job online with this company called WESTAT
    Dont' confuse them with WEST AT HOME.....two different companies. WESTAT is a REAL JOB. You get W-2's
    I am pregnant and I start my paid training in a few days.