+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are your pet peeves?

I have many pet peeves. The main one is "having pet peeves", since they are only quirks that are intensely disliked by me & others may or may not share that dislike. Whatís worse, I have allowed them to negatively hinder my performance. Aside from that, I have 2 really HUGE pet peeves that when faced with them, they literally cripple my ability to think rationally & I truly believe they should be publicly addressed since they deal with public health.

1. Bicyclists :madgo: on public roadways for any purpose other than it being the sole mode of their transportation. These people who ride for sport, recreation, exercise or whatever they ride for, are a serious danger to the occupants of motorized vehicles. If there are margins provided for bicyclists, they are often too narrow to contain their bicycles in to keep them out of harms way. Not all cyclists abide by the laws of the road either & they often travel in packs like dogs & have been known to actually become so arrogant, implying by their behavior that THEY HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY!

Roads were engineered for vehicular transportation, not for SPORT!

Golf is not played on the roads. Football is not played on the highways. No one rides 4 wheelers or dirt bikes on the interstate and even race cars race on courses built specifically for that purpose. Tractor trailer trucks do not drive through your front yard, so why would you ride a bicycle on the track that is designed for them? :crap:

I would like to see a law passed nationwide to make it illegal for bicycles to be permitted on the roads in the United States because they are not only in numbers & droves, attempting to redefine the intended use of our roadways, they are seriously posing a danger to motorists & themselves.

2. Unattended children & ignorant adults at buffet bars. I have seen children, old enough to know better, handle the food at the buffet with their bare hands, scrape their food off of the serving spoons with their fingers & replace dropped food back into its original serving container. Whatís worse, ing1: I have seen ADULTS DO THE SAME. Adults who pile so much food on their plate that it is falling over the edges like it is the last time they will be allowed to eat. For peteís sake, itís a buffet bar, that means you can GO BACK FOR 2NDs, 3RDs, 4THs, until you explode if you wish! :piggy:

Buffet bars were engineered with "all you can eat for one price and "common courtesy" in mind. Do you mind if I spit in it after I get my serving?

Now that I have vented with my pet peeves, what might your top 2 be?
    what the heck is this crap?

Re: What are your pet peeves?

Is everyone so well balanced that they have no pet peeves? Man, I feel weak.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
    I have many pet peeves. The main one is "having pet peeves", since they are only quirks that are intensely disliked by me & others may or may not share that dislike. Whatís worse, I have allowed them to negatively hinder my performance. Aside from that, I have 2 really HUGE pet peeves that when faced with them, they literally cripple my ability to think rationally & I truly believe they should be publicly addressed since they deal with public health.

1. Bicyclists :madgo: on public roadways for any purpose other than it being the sole mode of their transportation. These people who ride for sport, recreation, exercise or whatever they ride for, are a serious danger to the occupants of motorized vehicles. If there are margins provided for bicyclists, they are often too narrow to contain their bicycles in to keep them out of harms way. Not all cyclists abide by the laws of the road either & they often travel in packs like dogs & have been known to actually become so arrogant, implying by their behavior that THEY HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY!

Roads were engineered for vehicular transportation, not for SPORT!

Golf is not played on the roads. Football is not played on the highways. No one rides 4 wheelers or dirt bikes on the interstate and even race cars race on courses built specifically for that purpose. Tractor trailer trucks do not drive through your front yard, so why would you ride a bicycle on the track that is designed for them? :crap:

I would like to see a law passed nationwide to make it illegal for bicycles to be permitted on the roads in the United States because they are not only in numbers & droves, attempting to redefine the intended use of our roadways, they are seriously posing a danger to motorists & themselves.

2. Unattended children & ignorant adults at buffet bars. I have seen children, old enough to know better, handle the food at the buffet with their bare hands, scrape their food off of the serving spoons with their fingers & replace dropped food back into its original serving container. Whatís worse, ing1: I have seen ADULTS DO THE SAME. Adults who pile so much food on their plate that it is falling over the edges like it is the last time they will be allowed to eat. For peteís sake, itís a buffet bar, that means you can GO BACK FOR 2NDs, 3RDs, 4THs, until you explode if you wish! :piggy:

Buffet bars were engineered with "all you can eat for one price and "common courtesy" in mind. Do you mind if I spit in it after I get my serving?

Now that I have vented with my pet peeves, what might your top 2 be?
    You might want to get use to it...with the price of gas going around $3.05 per gallon here in my state....I'm looking at preowned bicycles...thinking of buying one!!!! So move over, I'm coming through.!!!
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    You might want to get use to it...with the price of gas going around $3.05 per gallon here in my state....I'm looking at preowned bicycles...thinking of buying one!!!! So move over, I'm coming through.!!!
    NO problem at all. I'll even move over for you. As I said, for any purpose OTHER than your mode of transportaion. It's these spandex clad Lance Armstrong groupies that annoy me.

yes, you are the only one with pet peeves :rolleyes: Most people just dont want to admit them.

first, my only pet peeve is people that dont know how to shut up. they will sit there and comment on everything, and usually have nothing important to say. ever.

I advise euthanasia for said people.

and on the bicycle issue, live with it. like peregrine said, gas prices suck (even more for me, i'm in california) so get used to them. If you dont want to see them on your road, I would suggest inventing an alternative fuel source for cars so we can all drive ourselves to death.

that is all.:judges:

Quote Originally Posted by Rally_Racer View Post
    yes, you are the only one with pet peeves :rolleyes: Most people just dont want to admit them.

first, my only pet peeve is people that dont know how to shut up. they will sit there and comment on everything, and usually have nothing important to say. ever.

I advise euthanasia for said people.
    [ I have a response for these people. Tell them, "Well, aren't you just the cutest black hole of non-information" or "Shhhhh, that's the sound of nobody caring what you say".

and on the bicycle issue, live with it. like peregrine said, gas prices suck (even more for me, i'm in california) so get used to them. If you dont want to see them on your road, I would suggest inventing an alternative fuel source for cars so we can all drive ourselves to death. that is all.:judges:
    AGAIN, PLEEEEZE, I said for "PURPOSES OTHER THAN THEIR MODE OF TRANSPORTATION!

It is the recreational riders that annoy the bejeezers out of me.

[ I have a response for these people. Tell them, "Well, aren't you just the cutest black hole of non-information" or "Shhhhh, that's the sound of nobody caring what you say".
    Nice lines, i use stuff like that too. or if they still dont shut up, I threaten with bodily harm.:judges:

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Cops that hide to set up speed traps. If they seriously want to enforce the law and apply control of traffic, obviously they would be out on level areas where they are visible for quite a distance.
    Otherwise, with their obvious hiding tactics - behind overpass bridge railings; in low places at the bottom of hills, where people often unwittingly pick up speed coasting; in locations around curves where there is a sudden speed-limit change from 60 M.P.H. to 35 M.P.H. - they are simply just out for the revenue. In small tgown areas that extend to the Interstate, the local Cops love to collect the $300- fines, which afterwards is split 50 -50 between theirself and the local J.P.:crap:
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Cops that hide to set up speed traps. :crap:
    GOOD ONE! I think I'll add that one to my list also. Nothing wrong with enforcing the law, but if they can't do it without entrapment methods, they need to find another job.

NO problem at all. I'll even move over for you. As I said, for any purpose OTHER than your mode of transportaion. It's these spandex clad Lance Armstrong groupies that annoy me.
    ..folks riding bikes to work can do stupid things on the road too. So basically, your against people riding bicycles on the roadways.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    ..folks riding bikes to work can do stupid things on the road too. So basically, your against people riding bicycles on the roadways.
    Nope, do the math. Why do you think we have a gas crisis? Because of the Midde East...CRAP NO, because we are all too spoiled in our big vehicles to ride bicycles to work or use public transportation.

Now I live 38 miles one way from my office out in the country. I cover a lot of roadway to & from work each day. However, Mon. thru Fri., I pass one single bicyclist on the road & that is only when I reach the inner city, which has a 30mph limit. Obviously, from the clothing the man is wearing, he uses his bicycle for transportation to & from work.

Now, when I drive in on Saturday mornings, I pass droves of these spandex clad groupies who will not move over off of a 55mph HIGHWAY! I then pass another small group on the 45mph road who are equally as arrogant, yet I NEVER see the fellow on the one bicycle that I see on weekday mornings.

Not everyone has the same work schedules or holidays that these recreational cyclists have, but whatcha wanna bet these guys & gals are driving SUVs to work on weekdays?

Nope, do the math. Why do you think we have a gas crisis? Because of the Midde East...CRAP NO, because we are all too spoiled in our big vehicles to ride bicycles to work or use public transportation.
    yea...it is kinda sad.

but for bragging rights, my car gets about 30 mpg in town.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Consider this - it occured to me not too long ago that as the MPG or KmPL improves on automobiles there is less of a demand from the Petroleum companies for their prodcut. With this, their profits decrease. They desire that their profits always increase, not decrease. It follows that since people are using less fuel due to more efficient cars, the solution for the pertroleum companies to realize a contious profit growth is to increase the price of fuel per gallon/liter.
    Hence, higher prices.
    YOu don't think these petroleum companies care about resource conservation and pollutants do your.. REALLY?:bah:
    Vasudeva

Consider this - it occured to me not too long ago that as the MPG or KmPL improves on automobiles there is less of a demand from the Petroleum companies for their prodcut. With this, their profits decrease. They desire that their profits always increase, not decrease. It follows that since people are using less fuel due to more efficient cars, the solution for the pertroleum companies to realize a contious profit growth is to increase the price of fuel per gallon/liter.
    Hence, higher prices.
    YOu don't think these petroleum companies care about resource conservation and pollutants do your.. REALLY?:bah:
    Nicely put.

Hence, higher prices.
    Nicely put.
    Yes, nicely put coontie & "fuel" for thought. I have a Ford F-150 that gets all of 16 MPG in the city, 18 on the highway and I also have a Nissan that gets 26/34. However pi$$ed off I am at George Bush determines which one I drive that day.

Yes, nicely put coontie & "fuel" for thought. I have a Ford F-150 that gets all of 16 MPG in the city, 18 on the highway and I also have a Nissan that gets 26/34. However pi$$ed off I am at George Bush determines which one I drive that day.

It is sad when what decides what you will drive is decided by how much anger you have toward various politicians.

if I could get my car to run on anger...that might save me money.