+ Reply to Thread

Major Energy is a scam

Do not enroll with this energy company. They are liars, cheaters, and con artists. They promise their customers a discount on their energy bill, but customers never get the discount. Their rates aren't that low compared to Con Edison or Orange&Rockland. I worked there for a short period and I saw a lot and heard a lot. While I was there, there were a lot of customers who wanted to cancel their service because they didn't see any difference in their bill after they enrolled with Major Energy. And customers didn't see a discount on their bill, which is non-existent. This company has a lot of customers canceling their accounts for reasons I stated above. Major Energy, like some of the ESCOs(Energy Service Companies) mislead customers and promise discounts and lower rates that these customers never get. They claim to be a big company with a lot of customers. It's all lies. They're a small company that supplies only gas. Most of their customers have canceled their accounts or want to cancel their accounts. The people in charge over there - Daniel Majors and Mary (Moran) Majors are money hungry Thieves. They'll say or do anything to get customers to enroll with their company. Also, Major Energy is very disorganized. Their telemarketers are located in India. That's right, India. Their customer service representatives are more like Inside salespeople because they have to call customers who cancel or want to cancel their accounts and re-enroll them with the company. Their enrollment forms look like contracts even though they promise no contracts. Their sales representatives, who do the company's dirty work and go from resident to resident trying to get people to enroll, pass out these booklets that contain inaccurate and false information. One of the booklets I saw stated that Major Energy can save customer's money on their electric and gas bill. This is odd because they do not supply electricity, only gas. They're very misleading. The company promises no enrollment fees, no monthly charges, no cancellation fees, and no hidden charges. This is not true. There are clearly hidden fees somewhere on the bill because customers are paying much more than they did before they enrolled with the company. Again, do not enroll with Major Energy. If you already have, cancel immediately. You're better off with another ESCO or staying with Con Edison as your Energy deliverer and supplier. DO NOT ENROLL WITH MAJOR ENERGY!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Major Energy Rebuttal

A rebuttal presumes that there is merit in the claim. The report filed by what seems to be a disgruntled employee does not really merit a response because Major Energy never had such an employee. Thus, Major Energy does not know who filed this complaint to even begin to address it.

Major Energy was incorporated in 2007 and has been serving customers in New YorkState since 2008. Its prides itself on its honest reputation and almost consistent track record of savings over the utility – month after month. Major Energy does not mislead its customers in any way. In fact, the mailings that we send out to our customers give them very accurate and timely market data – enabling them to make smart decisions about which energy products to purchase for their home or [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]business[/color][/color].

Major Energy is an ESCO (Energy Service Company) which currently serves tens of thousands of customers in New YorkState. There are currently over 100 other ESCOs in the State of New York. Compared to most other ESCOs in New York, Major is a large company. Until January 2010, Major offered only natural gas and has just opened up electric service to the entire State.

Major Energy was started by Dan and Mary Major who are no longer with the company. The company’s customer service is based in New York and the telemarketers are all US companies. The sales team is highly trained and goes through rigorous training every morning before going out to the field.

We at Major Energy take great pride in our accomplishments and our company. We offer straightforward and honest products and services, employ local people, and have a great customer service and [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]marketing[/color][/color] staff. We look forward to many years of success serving our customers.

Whoever filed this complaint sounds quite bitter – and as we don’t know who you are, you might even be a jealous competitor. Unless you identify yourself, we will never know.

Sincerely.

Asher Fried

Chief Operating Officer

Major Energy Services, LLC

Re: Major Energy is a scam

well the one good thing I can say about Major energy is that its variable rate doesn't have an exit fee. Its a good choice to pick a supplier. Just some suppliers are better than others. Its like anything else. Some car companies are better, way better than others. I'm an expert on energy sales. I've sold several esco and sometimes it can also depend on the region, utility or state.
    Still its 5 years later and I would advise anyone with Major energy to find a better supplier. Feel free to contact me if you want an expert opinion of our confusing market place.

I just got off the phone with major energy to tell them that I needed to drop them because of a shut off notice from my local company national fuel and I needed to make a payment plan with national fuel and the person that I spoke with was very nice and understanding and definitely from the states. They said that it would take about 24 hours to get this resolved. That to me sounds fair. I think the person who wrote the article is not very honest. I think they made stuff up for reasons that only they know.

im suprized to find ppl and the own company defending themselves in this thread

i just resived a visit from major energy at 8:30pm which is way to late for them to be on my door they came in saying they needed to make sure my energy bill is updated which is not why they where here they where here to get me to switch to them which they never explain they make it seem like they are updating somthing and that this "update" will lock ur electric rate in...... which it will how ever they never tell u the price and u continue to assume that its not a desision but instead an "update" so blaa blaa blaa hes reading my info into the phone to "update" my account and then turns the phone over to me to awnser these YES and NO questions. keep in mind i still havent herd wat the rate is.
    the questions start out simple
    1. do u understand that this is recorded and answers are legally binding
    2. is this ur name
    3. is this ur acount number
    4.do u agree to switch ur acount to major electric...............

WAIT wat
    so at this point i put down the phone and ask the guy wats the new price i dont want to say yes before hereing prices

he replies by saying after i say yes to that the tell me the numbers

so i repeat my self saying i dont want to agree until i here the price cuz then i wont be able to back out

he then tells me i can back out after saying yes and i tell him thats bullshit and he finally tells me the price is 0.14 so im looking at my bill and can see that my rat last mounth was 10.9 cents

so i go wow thats way lower then 10.9 why the f is that then after he repeats .14 again and i again proclaim my amasment he finally lets out 14 cents not .14 cents

at this point im saying why would i switch to that im paying less and he gives me the speal about how now the price wont fluctuate and now its lower but sometimes its hire so 14 will always be 14

to which i exspain yeah but the month befor that it was 9 cents so i think my plan is lower

this is where it gets interesting cuz now the mother er trys to say yes into the phone for me
    YO you dude u peice of shit and when he realizes that the other side of the phone hung up when i was complaining about the price he gives up and leaves.
    wat a scam trys to make u agree before u say yes you
    so dont defend them and say their great cuz the were missleading and scammy and now i haveto call my electric company in the morning and make sure they didnt switch my acount over to them

and if they did and refuse to remove it without a charge im gana sue the ing shit out of them because i never said yes into that phone and so much of what they did was illegal not to mention if they try and play back the recording they will here my complains even though the guy tryed to mute the phone so it wasnt recorded.

my advise is get the price first maybye it will be lower for you and a good deal but ur best idea would be to just not open the door

Do not enroll major energy, provide bad energy service and even worse when call them for answer just rudely cut off line and even worse threatening words. In us never ever meet that kind bad service and bad energy supply co
    Quote Originally Posted by afeez View Post
    Do not enrollESCOs(Energy Service Companies) mislead customers and promise discounts and lower rates that these customers never get. They claim to be a big company with a lot of customers. It's all lies. They're a small company that supplies only gas. Most of their customers have canceled their accounts or want to cancel their accounts. The people in charge over there - Daniel Majors and Mary (Moran) Majors are money hungry Thieves. They'll say or do anything to get customers to enroll with their company. Also, Major Energy is very disorganized. Their telemarketers are located in India. That's right, India. Their customer service representatives are more like Inside salespeople because they have to call customers who cancel or want to cancel their accounts and re-enroll them with the company. Their enrollment forms look like contracts even though they promise no contracts. Their sales representatives, who do the company's dirty work and go from resident to resident trying to get people to enroll, pass out these booklets that contain inaccurate and false information. One of the booklets I saw stated that Major Energy can save customer's money on their electric and gas bill. This is odd because they do not supply electricity, only gas. They're very misleading. The company promises no enrollment fees, no monthly charges, no cancellation fees, and no hidden charges. This is not true. There are clearly hidden fees somewhere on the bill because customers are paying much more than they did before they enrolled with the company. Again, do not enroll with Major Energy. If you already have, cancel immediately. You're better off with another ESCO or staying with Con Edison as your Energy deliverer and supplier. DO NOT ENROLL WITH MAJOR ENERGY!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

This SAME thing happened to me! I am SO MAD.

Quote Originally Posted by E1ph View Post
    im suprized to find ppl and the own company defending themselves in this thread

i just resived a visit from major energy at 8:30pm which is way to late for them to be on my door they came in saying they needed to make sure my energy bill is updated which is not why they where here they where here to get me to switch to them which they never explain they make it seem like they are updating somthing and that this "update" will lock ur electric rate in...... which it will how ever they never tell u the price and u continue to assume that its not a desision but instead an "update" so blaa blaa blaa hes reading my info into the phone to "update" my account and then turns the phone over to me to awnser these YES and NO questions. keep in mind i still havent herd wat the rate is.
    the questions start out simple
    1. do u understand that this is recorded and answers are legally binding
    2. is this ur name
    3. is this ur acount number
    4.do u agree to switch ur acount to major electric...............

WAIT wat
    so at this point i put down the phone and ask the guy wats the new price i dont want to say yes before hereing prices

he replies by saying after i say yes to that the tell me the numbers

so i repeat my self saying i dont want to agree until i here the price cuz then i wont be able to back out

he then tells me i can back out after saying yes and i tell him thats bullshit and he finally tells me the price is 0.14 so im looking at my bill and can see that my rat last mounth was 10.9 cents

so i go wow thats way lower then 10.9 why the f is that then after he repeats .14 again and i again proclaim my amasment he finally lets out 14 cents not .14 cents

at this point im saying why would i switch to that im paying less and he gives me the speal about how now the price wont fluctuate and now its lower but sometimes its hire so 14 will always be 14

to which i exspain yeah but the month befor that it was 9 cents so i think my plan is lower

this is where it gets interesting cuz now the mother er trys to say yes into the phone for me
    YO you dude u peice of shit and when he realizes that the other side of the phone hung up when i was complaining about the price he gives up and leaves.
    wat a scam trys to make u agree before u say yes you
    so dont defend them and say their great cuz the were missleading and scammy and now i haveto call my electric company in the morning and make sure they didnt switch my acount over to them

and if they did and refuse to remove it without a charge im gana sue the ing shit out of them because i never said yes into that phone and so much of what they did was illegal not to mention if they try and play back the recording they will here my complains even though the guy tryed to mute the phone so it wasnt recorded.

my advise is get the price first maybye it will be lower for you and a good deal but ur best idea would be to just not open the door

Okay I've been reading the post about major energy. I need some help because I'm pissed off at this company right now myself and I'm wondering how do I cancel out of their company somebody email me and let me know. My main complaint is I've been up to date on my natural gas bills and all the sudden I get $150 bill which I can't explain so I need somebody to email me and help me out please I want to get out of this hell-hole company.

Call this no to file a complaint if you're in NY (state run). I didn't wait long to file my complaint and they advised me to hold off paying the penalty fee for a few days until I would hear back from them: 8886977728.

Tell everyone you know not to sign up to this company. That's one way to get back at them. Put up notes in your building so that your neighbors don't make the same mistake you did.

They send salespersons to our doors, selling us lies (they guy who came to my dor also had the audacity to ask me out after i'd sign the contract..should've known then that it was not a serious company).

By law a contract is not valid if it is based on untruthful facts or in this case exlicit lies that the electricity bill will be reduced (20-30%) when it's the exact opposite. They know this. But they also know that the complaint processes are time consuming so when you call, they just blatantly ask you to go ahead and cancel against the $200+ fee.
    Last edited by 1970ram; 02-07-2017 at 11:51 AM.

V Pennisi & Associates have Fight Wills, Contested Wills, Estate Lawyer and child support lawyers in North Brisbane with years of experience.

Important update on my last message. After I filed a complaint, through a simple call to the number below, major energy called me up and wanted to settle! They informed me they would cancel the $200 penalty fee and my contract would end with immediate effect. They also asked if that was to my satisfaction or whether I was requesting any other change. So you won't need any external legal advice or service. Just place a complaint when it's legitimate and you'll be able to end your contract without any penalties. Consumer rights are strong.

Quote Originally Posted by 1970ram View Post
    Call this no to file a complaint if you're in NY (state run). I didn't wait long to file my complaint and they advised me to hold off paying the penalty fee for a few days until I would hear back from them: 8886977728.

Tell everyone you know not to sign up to this company. That's one way to get back at them. Put up notes in your building so that your neighbors don't make the same mistake you did.

They send salespersons to our doors, selling us lies (they guy who came to my dor also had the audacity to ask me out after i'd sign the contract..should've known then that it was not a serious company).

By law a contract is not valid if it is based on untruthful facts or in this case exlicit lies that the electricity bill will be reduced (20-30%) when it's the exact opposite. They know this. But they also know that the complaint processes are time consuming so when you call, they just blatantly ask you to go ahead and cancel against the $200+ fee.