+ Reply to Thread

Synergy Group(SMG) Scam

Hey,
    Can anyone give me any information on a company called Synergy Group, also known as SMG. It sounds like another NLC, which turned out to be a total "rippoff". Is this company on the up & up.
    I heard that some people had a very bad experience with them. It seems like they call themselves a marketing company, just so they can bypass all the licensing laws. They seem to join every other MLM company that comes down the pike.

Please give me some input on these guys.
    Where are they located
    Who owns the company
    Are they legal
    do they have any fines against them

Thanks

Re: Synergy Group(SMG) Scam

Welcome to Scam.com.

Do you have their URL?

A Google search for 'Synergy Group' shows a number of websites using that name or some variation of it.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I think he means Synergy Marketing Group, former Coastal Synergy Group. Also connected to Mortgage Capital Associates or the Money Link Solution.
    Last edited by borisf96; 01-11-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
    I think he means Synergy Marketing Group, former Coastal Synergy Group. Also connected to Mortgage Capital Associates or the Money Link Solution.
    Yes, I believe so...Synergy Marketing Group. www.teamsmg.com.cruit
    I have heard alot of rumors about these guys. They have screwed over alot of people. They promised they could close loans and never deliver. They got alot of recruits from National Lending, another scam company. All they want is the 200 dollar signup fee. Why would anyone be so "stupid" to give 200 dollars. They can go anywhere to do mortgages for free. All the owners of the company are all in different MLM companies and they push those mlms on whats left of their tiny downlines.
    I hear that Hao Nguyen actually owns this company also. Its a disguise, since his own company emploded!!!! The best man in his wedding was a guy named Rio Hu, he is an owner of SMG.....
    Any info would be appreciated
    :i agree:

Quote Originally Posted by Bsikes View Post
    Yes, I believe so...Synergy Marketing Group. www.teamsmg.com.
    I have heard alot of rumors about these guys. They have screwed over alot of people. They promised they could close loans and never deliver. They got alot of recruits from National Lending, another scam company. All they want is the 200 dollar signup fee. Why would anyone be so "stupid" to give 200 dollars. They can go anywhere to do mortgages for free. All the owners of the company are all in different MLM companies and they push those mlms on whats left of their tiny downlines.
    I hear that Hao Nguyen actually owns this company also. Its a disguise, since his own company emploded!!!! The best man in his wedding was a guy named Rio Hu, he is an owner of SMG.....
    Any info would be appreciated
    :i agree:
    Man, you guys reading this need to steer clear of these scammers. They are not even a licensed mortgage company, hence the name
    SMG,,,Synergy """Marketing""" Group. They believe because they are a so called marketing company, they dont need to abide by any of the local and state mortgage laws.
    Any of you SMG members complete any continuing ed courses????
    Some states require this!
    There was an agent from Ny, I think her name was Alician, track her down and see why she quit the company and another guy named John from New York has some big beefs with the owners.
    Another guy from Minnesota came in and then left the company very rapidly... I wonder what is happening there. They only close a couple of loans a month anyway
    Be careful with this one....its another National Lending all over again, as a matter of fact, the owners are all ex-NLC members.

Are you kidding. How these guys run a business this way
    Last edited by Bsikes; 01-12-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsikes View Post
    Are you kidding. How these guys run a business this way
    This company is a joke. All they do is join every MLM that come down the pike. The suck at loans. All their producers left the company. The one from Minnesota was Jeff Yang and the girl from NY was Alician Feliciano and then Johnny Moore also left the company. I saw many bogus meetings in Queens and a whole pack of lies going on. They lost so many loans it was a joke.
    They will definitely try to recruit your mortgage people into other MLMs so they can make money.
    Rio Hioe focuses on the Ambit energy business, that has alot to do with mortgages. They also do debt consolidation, Jeff Yang quit smg because they couldnt close loans, then he joined the debt company with the very same people.
    They also will try to recruit your people into a spinoff of Ufirst financial(wexl or something like that)They charge people 3500 dollars for software that you can get for free and then try to sell them on some bull**** universal life insurance to protect the mortgage. Sounds like WMA all over again..but only this time being run by a bunch of amatures.

Steer clear of this one if you are smart:shocked:
    Last edited by NLCAgain; 01-12-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NLCAgain View Post
    This company is a joke. All they do is join every MLM that come down the pike. The suck at loans. All their producers left the company. The one from Minnesota was Jeff Yang and the girl from NY was Alician Feliciano and then Johnny Moore also left the company. I saw many bogus meetings in Queens and a whole pack of lies going on. They lost so many loans it was a joke.
    They will definitely try to recruit your mortgage people into other MLMs so they can make money.
    Rio Hioe focuses on the Ambit energy business, that has alot to do with mortgages. They also do debt consolidation, Jeff Yang quit smg because they couldnt close loans, then he joined the debt company with the very same people.
    They also will try to recruit your people into a spinoff of Ufirst financial(wexl or something like that)They charge people 3500 dollars for software that you can get for free and then try to sell them on some bull**** universal life insurance to protect the mortgage. Sounds like WMA all over again..but only this time being run by a bunch of amatures.

Steer clear of this one if you are smart:shocked:
    MMA (Money Merge Account) ALERT!!

:)
    You can get the SAME "MMA" type product for only $30. Read this article from bankrate.com.

BankRate.com

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PAY $3,500 for a online spreadsheet/calculator that YOU have to fill out and maintain every month. ($2500 of that $3500 goes right in the poket of the agent selling the software) These guys will join any MLM to try to get more overides from your recruits. Imagine an mlm company doing 5 different mlms. Thats why no one there makes any money

This article shows you how you can get the exact same product for only $30. The guy selling you the MMA is making anywhere from $700 up to $1500 a month. His upline makes a cut of that as well. This company is MLM in every sense of the word. Good product but WAY too expensive.

http://www.bankrate.com/yho/news/mor...ortgage_a1.asp
    Last edited by JohnnyB66; 01-13-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB66 View Post
    MMA (Money Merge Account) ALERT!!

:)
    You can get the SAME "MMA" type product for only $30. Read this article from bankrate.com.

BankRate.com

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PAY $3,500 for a online spreadsheet/calculator that YOU have to fill out and maintain every month. ($2500 of that $3500 goes right in the poket of the agent selling the software) These guys will join any MLM to try to get more overides from your recruits. Imagine an mlm company doing 5 different mlms. Thats why no one there makes any money

This article shows you how you can get the exact same product for only $30. The guy selling you the MMA is making anywhere from $700 up to $1500 a month. His upline makes a cut of that as well. This company is MLM in every sense of the word. Good product but WAY too expensive.

http://www.bankrate.com/yho/news/mor...ortgage_a1.asp
    This company is out of business!
    Try contacting their office in Manalapn NJ. They run multiple MLM pyramid schemes from their homes! They are all broke and cannot pay their bills.
    Also known as SMG:mad:
    Last edited by Bsikes; 04-25-2008 at 08:12 AM.