+ Reply to Thread

Acn Ripped Me Off!

An ACN rep invited me to an ACN Meeting. I did not know anything about MLM. They suckered me in. I was told that they would do all the work for me. They would put reps under me, get me point, and the new reps would get more reps... and next thing I know I would be making some serious cash. All for paying $499 to become a rep and they said they would do all the work if I bought a Video Phone and signed up for the ACN service. The Phone was $250 at the time. And they enrolled me in digital service which was about $29 per month. They never told me that I got into a 1 yr contract w/ACN for the $29 per month with a $50 cancellation charge. Needless to say after about 3 months of calling and writing letters to get any money back I lost. ACN knows their reps lie and all they say is "they are independent reps, we cant control what they do". This company is based on lies and misleading statements. I have way to many examples to support all this but I will not waste any more time. I did not get any money back, I never made one cent. And I had to pay to cancell ACN Digital phone service. Total I lost just under $1000 dollars. I have been aproached by other ACN reps telling me a whole bunch of BULL.

If you are thinking about trying ACN - DON'T DO IT. YOU WILL LOOSE MONEY ! ! ! ! !

Re: Acn Ripped Me Off!

You could have made your money back, but your obviously in the wrong business.
    build a large business, try the network marketing vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by April47 View Post
    Frankly, though, I'd rather stop discussing ACN.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Q: How many RTAs does it take to book a cruise for a family of four?

A: 25: 1 to book the trip and 24 to pay fees to support the people at the top of the pyramid!
    :clown:

Quote Originally Posted by acn is a ripoff View Post
    An ACN rep invited me to an ACN Meeting. I did not know anything about MLM. They suckered me in. I was told that they would do all the work for me. They would put reps under me, get me point, and the new reps would get more reps... and next thing I know I would be making some serious cash. All for paying $499 to become a rep and they said they would do all the work if I bought a Video Phone and signed up for the ACN service. The Phone was $250 at the time. And they enrolled me in digital service which was about $29 per month. They never told me that I got into a 1 yr contract w/ACN for the $29 per month with a $50 cancellation charge. Needless to say after about 3 months of calling and writing letters to get any money back I lost. ACN knows their reps lie and all they say is "they are independent reps, we cant control what they do". This company is based on lies and misleading statements. I have way to many examples to support all this but I will not waste any more time. I did not get any money back, I never made one cent. And I had to pay to cancell ACN Digital phone service. Total I lost just under $1000 dollars. I have been aproached by other ACN reps telling me a whole bunch of BULL.

If you are thinking about trying ACN - DON'T DO IT. YOU WILL LOOSE MONEY ! ! ! ! !
    I don't think ACN ripped you off. A few reps in ACN were not truthful and you were not smart enough to see through it. I mean rule one is if something is too good to be true it probably is.

John

I'm not going to disagree with you that there are some members of ACN telling huge lies (frankly I think you'll find that in any company), and I am also not the hugest fan of ACN on the planet... but did you HONESTLY think you were going to make tons of money without doing ANY work at all? Do you believe everything people tell you?

To me this sounds like you ripped yourself off for not doing your due diligence. You do realize you were entering into a BUSINESS, right? No matter how convincing people are, and no matter how bad you want what they're saying to be true, it's YOUR responsibility to do your research so that you know what you're getting into, and make your decision from there.

But at any rate... thank you for coming to this site and sharing your story so that people know what to look for and what not to do.
    Last edited by April47; 01-04-2008 at 05:09 PM.
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

Pink Zebra Sprinkles

I looked at ACN, lightyear and several other MLMs. I did not join ACN or Lightyear, but i certainly thought they were great companies with a lot to offer. I chose another company because i thought it was a better fit for me. Had I not, I would have chosen acn or Lightyear. They are similiar but also different. As for the writer who is claiming that he is such a victim, I just dont buy that statement. Obviously the person has poor judgement when choosing an individual to join under. I just dont get this type of statement that we hear so often in our country. Man, why not just be an adult, read the contract, do some research, and then you would have made a better decision. Did you honestly believe that "someone was going to do the work for you to make you money"? If you did then you should just stick to a 9-5 job? If you did, then you just would have to be the dumbest person on the planet. Come-on!

Takes some ownership! The only reason you were in the position you described is because of your own actions. Do you homework! Act like a responsable grown man or woman. A person who claims ownership for the circumstances could create great wealth at either of those companies!

6. 02-03-2008, 06:38 PM

Reason
    spam