+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

west at home (westathome.com)

I found this company online and they advertise that you can make money by working from home. Before I delve any deeper; I was wondering if any one knew or heard anything negative about this company?

Re: west at home (westathome.com)

West is a legit work at home company.

Yes, West is legit. I once considered applying, but since my kids are too young and hard to do the phone work, so gave up.

West is a legit companies , they hire CSRs

What are CSRs if I may ask?
    I just know of CRS - can't remember ****! Haha~

CSR's = Customer Service Representitives. :star: Thanks for asking something new... it was getting to be quite the echo in here! :clown:

I applied with this company. I got a reply back from them 2 days later. They sent me a link with a validation code. When I clicked on the link, I received a warning that the site did not have a certificate, to proceed with caution. I went ahead and entered the site. Filled out all of the nessesary forms...including my person ID, ie drivers license and SS#. This was Thursday, and I have not yet received any emails stating that they have my info or that they were doing a background check, nothing. I found a # to call them, and of course, I get a voice mail to leave a message. I am now worried that I have given my personal info to a fraudulent site. Anyone please tell me that I haven't just made a HUGE error in judgement!

I don't know if I am allowed to "bump" threads here or not, but I am going to attempt it to see if anyone can help me with this. Thank you.

hey! I just did the same thing, what is the number that you called? I have looked all over trying to find a number? I havent finished the paperwork, I got scared!!

Lionel Tay is the dedicated Employee Relations contact for all West At Home Employees. Lionel is available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Contact Phone # 1-866-504-6918.

I was wondering had anyone heard back from west at home and have started working?? I recently completed the application process about a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet...

I am an actual West employee, not WestatHome but through one of their physical call centers. It is a very legit company that takes information confidentiality of their applicants, employees, and clients very seriously. If you applied through the actual WestAtHome website then I wouldn't worry too much.

In fact, once the time was right I myself was planning on leaving the call center and becoming an at home employee.

MomOnAMission Guest

I do believe that WEST AT HOME is legit. But I believe that their home workers are Independent Contractor's. You would not be an employee.
    So, Since I was looking to be an employee..at home......I found WESTAT......do not confuse them with WESTATHOME. Two different companies. I start my paid training in a few days.

I work for west at home now. They are a legit company. I am an employee. From what I gathered, they did away with the independant contractor thing a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmbjm View Post
    I applied with this company. I got a reply back from them 2 days later. They sent me a link with a validation code. When I clicked on the link, I received a warning that the site did not have a certificate, to proceed with caution. I went ahead and entered the site. Filled out all of the nessesary forms...including my person ID, ie drivers license and SS#. This was Thursday, and I have not yet received any emails stating that they have my info or that they were doing a background check, nothing. I found a # to call them, and of course, I get a voice mail to leave a message. I am now worried that I have given my personal info to a fraudulent site. Anyone please tell me that I haven't just made a HUGE error in judgement!
    that same thing happened to me but when I entered in my info it didn't take me anywhere. it was as if the page refreshed itself

This is a legit company, however they have left to be desire. They don't pay comission properly. You can not get anyway to answer you questions. It get more headaches in this job then my real job.