+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heart-Centered

Heart-Centered

The Four Kinds of Leaders
    by Puran Bair, June 2005

There is a conception of a leader as a person who sees what others don't see, who exposes a new paradigm to answer questions that can't even be expressed in the old mind-set. One who understands the profound truths that clarify and simplify reality and can communicate these liberating visions to others through dialogue and presence.

This view is one-fourth of leadership, but since those who hold it are excellent communicators, it gets considerably more press than the three other types of equally-valid leadership.

There is also leadership in a situation that everyone already understands but which few can face. On the battlefield, there is the leader who raises his head and charges into the oncoming fire to blaze a path for others to follow, inspiring those who are frozen in fear and unable to do what they know they must. After an airplane crash in the Potomac river, a man jumped into the freezing water to swim out to passengers and tow them back to shore. They were uninjured but too shocked to swim half the distance he swam. There is the woman who galvanizes a community to action against the pollution they all know about but have passively accepted. This leadership is also evident in the businesswoman who inspires the company to a higher standard of quality: it's the courage to do what's hard but known, instead of the insight to do what's simple but unknown.

There is another kind of leadership that knits together a group of people who could not get along with each other without the leader's harmonizing influence. This is not a hierarchical leadership that explains a theory to the ignorant masses or shows extraordinary courage in a crisis. This is a leader who might be invisible to the group, until he or she leaves, whereupon the group falls into divergence. This leader operates like the heart in the body: the head gets all the credit, but the heart establishes the heart-rate on its own from polling the organs and muscles directly, independent of the brain.

The last kind of leader is one who is very conscious of leadership, accepting the burden of it not for any glory or fame, but simply because they must; it is their responsibility. A leader of this type is dependable; he will carry you across the river on his back; he will hold you safe so that you do not drown. She will take your thorny faults and hide them under her own coat, even through they scratch her skin, until they are eventually rubbed smooth. This leader's path is not detachment; it is attachment; it is duty, and he will not fail you.

The path to developing leadership is to first recognize which kind of leader you are, and then perfect it. Next, stretch to develop a neighboring style of leadership, integrating it with your own.

In this development, some concepts are useful, but most important is the practice of meditation. The meditation that develops the power of the leader is not regarding the world as impermanent from a detached observance. It is a meditation of love, in which one identifies with all that is. We do not aspire to experience no thought; we aspire to experience all emotion. One does not find one's self by elimination, but by inclusion. Our chief problem is a narrow self-concept; the truth about ourselves is that we are infinite, eternal and perfect. To become fulfilled, which is our purpose in life, we must incorporate the eagle, the lion, the rabbit and the snake -- that's how we overcome ignorance, anger, greed and jealousy. We submit the mind and ego to the service of the heart, with love.

Our practice starts simply: put your hand on your heart, then you will speak differently. Now breathe through your heart, in time to your heartbeat. Use your breath to exchange love with the world. In a few more steps, you'll be sending out a powerful magnetic pulse that is literally broadcasting peace into the world. This is active, Heart Rhythm Meditation, and it's more effective at handling stress than any other kind of meditation. It's also more beneficial for the physical heart, and we can prove it medically. Most importantly, it brings a person into a closer connection with and more profound understanding of others. It develops creativity, not just clarity. It powers responsibility and the courage to take action, not just compassion. It comes from Sufism -- its earliest practitioners were Christian mystics. It honors all parts of the self, incorporating all into a full meaning of a human being. This is the meditation of our time. This will shift our culture from the mind to the heart.

http://www.heartcentered.org/description.shtml

other related sites.

http://www.heartcenteredtherapies.or...d_Articles.htm

http://www.heartcenteredtherapies.org/Links.htm

Check out David Deida

http://www.bluetruth.org/blog/Articles

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Da...ient=firefox-a

Seek the truth, not other people's truth, your OWN truth. Research what you're learning and you will realise that some are far from a good example of being heart centered and far from being a person living with unconditional love.

This isn't a win/lose world like some would want you to believe. Where everyone is either with him or against him. Where everyone is either ignorant or thinks like him.

The difference between a blind man and a person who refuses to see something is that the person who refuses to see something can make the choice to see it.
    The internet is the last light of truth and hope...it is truly of the people, by the people and for the people. We must not let it be subverted for any purpose other than the truth. And that truth shall spread to every man woman and child across the globe. No longer will those in power carry the sole means to decide for us, yet we now shall have the power to decide to tune them out.

Re: Heart-Centered

Near, far, wherever you are
    I believe that the heart does go on
    Once more you open the door
    And you're here in my heart
    And my heart will go on and on
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Godeskian is offline I have taken all knowledge to be my province. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    Love just doesn't happen,
    it takes a lot of work.
    The giving and the taking,
    to over look a little quirk.

Just let each other know,
    the love thats in your heart.
    And never get so angry,
    that it will tear you both apart.

Never lie to each other
    and always lend a hand.
    Just grow up together
    and let your love expand.

- Bernard Howe
    Close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post

so......are you the "angel of the morning"!:angel: :spin2: :bunny: hehe!!...just askn..
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Lol Lexx, I believe peregrine's quote is from a song from Celine Dion, correct me if I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
    Seek the truth, not other people's truth, your OWN truth. Research what you're learning and you will realise that some are far from a good example of being heart centered and far from being a person living with unconditional love.
    This is true to a degree, though, there are some truths that are THE truth, ie: A watch. As a whole, a watch is a watch, and many would agree that an item is a watch, when they see a watch. A watch is made up of many OTHER things, but one could/would agree, as a whole, barring all the other objects that make it up, it is still a watch. Your OWN truth of course can be incorrect. Like, saying a watch is a frisbee. Or, saying a truth is a lie. In no wise speak against the truth!

This isn't a win/lose world like some would want you to believe. Where everyone is either with him or against him. Where everyone is either ignorant or thinks like him.
    Whom would you be speaking of, if I may ask?

The difference between a blind man and a person who refuses to see something is that the person who refuses to see something can make the choice to see it.
    True, to a degree.

Though this is dated back 12/31/2007, this is the first time I've read it..and it's stirring responses from me. Now, I don't know whether your opinions have changed from/since that time till now, or whether it's still the same.

I like what you've posted by Puran Bair to a degree..and/for there are things which I disagree with: "To become fulfilled, which is our purpose in life, we must incorporate the eagle, the lion, the rabbit and the snake -- that's how we overcome ignorance, anger, greed and jealousy. We submit the mind and ego to the service of the heart, with love."

Out of this same heart comes these evils, and from this persons logic one is putting their trust in themselves, which is folly.

Please note these are my opinions, which each of us has. Whether one agrees/disagrees with a person is up to that person, I am not forcing anyone to accept my opinions. What is truth to one, can be a lie to another.