+ Reply to Thread

Why MLM Isn't For Everyone

Is it just me or do some MLM users tend to have adult ADD? They spend all this time building up their company just to sell it and then leave their downline without a mentor. Real nice...not. I don't see what the big hype with MLM is...it looks super repetitive after awhile. I'm sure I'd want to leave too.

What if people in your social group aren't cut out for the kind of work that MLM demands? What if they have no commitment or spunk? Haha, so many people expect their money to work for them. "I paid 400 bucks, so now I'm going to watch my money work." Anyone with that attitude is going to scam themselves. That's like buying a lawnmower and expecting it to mow your lawn while you kickback and sunbathe.

My advice...your name is almost as important as your business. So take compassion on people, be sensitive to their strengths and weaknesses, and get involved with something with LONGEVITY.

That's all I have to say for now.

California Surfin Guest

Re: Why MLM Isn't For Everyone

Once you get away ... you will see IT IS A BIG SCAM and the "Leaders" are all folks who would sell their Moms into slavery if they could make $10

Quote Originally Posted by vestrite View Post
    Is it just me or do some MLM users tend to have adult ADD? They spend all this time building up their company just to sell it and then leave their downline without a mentor. Real nice...not. I don't see what the big hype with MLM is...it looks super repetitive after awhile. I'm sure I'd want to leave too.
    There is some disagreement as to whether an upline should be a mentor or at least how long that upline should be a mentor. Should the upline be an mentor forever? One common role of an upline is to the mentor the downline only long enough to get the downline taking those first steps on their own and tapping into resources on their own. When you think about it, how can an upline with a large organization possibly mentor everyone in his/her downline all the time? I would agree that someone leaving an organization should make sure their newer downlines have what they need to continue - or as many do, take them along! My 2 cents.

California Surfin Guest

Most of the "big players" in this industry are crappy sponsors ...

Quote Originally Posted by California Surfin View Post
    Once you get away ... you will see IT IS A BIG SCAM and the "Leaders" are all folks who would sell their Moms into slavery if they could make $10
    Haha that may be true. I tend to doubt that all MLM is a scam if the promises are held true and the work is accomplished. It's a job like any other and should be treated that way.

The reason why I dislike MLM is because it is getting commission sales on selling people overpriced products so that they try to get their money back. Not a very honest tactic...but a very high income tactic.

I would have to get at least 20 for my mom.

:

Most of the "big players" in this industry are crappy sponsors ...
    Just out of curiosity, what has your experience been in MLM? What company or companies have you been involved with?

It seems most of the threads I've noticed you posting in have to do with Chris Campbell and others in direct sales. You do know there's a big difference between MLM and Direct Sales, right? I'm just wondering because I haven't seen you post much about MLM companies, but I also haven't been around much lately so it's entirely possible that I've missed it. So could you clarify that for me?
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

Pink Zebra Sprinkles

I honestly don't believe that it's the upline's job to mentor their downline forever. There comes a point where the downline member needs to take control of his or her business and run it on their own. MLM is technically a business, after all, and people buy and sell traditional businesses all the time, so why should MLM be any different? I actually think it's a problem when downline members are so dependent on their upline members that they can't run their businesses without them (unless they're brand new, of course), because when this happens, it's obvious that leaders aren't being created.

What if people in your social group aren't cut out for the kind of work that MLM demands? What if they have no commitment or spunk? Haha, so many people expect their money to work for them. "I paid 400 bucks, so now I'm going to watch my money work." Anyone with that attitude is going to scam themselves. That's like buying a lawnmower and expecting it to mow your lawn while you kickback and sunbathe.
    It's actually highly likely that people in your social group aren't cut out for MLM, but the problem is there is absolutely NO way to tell who is and who isn't. I've seen people come into MLM who I thought would quit within a week who went on to build huge businesses, and I've also seen people who I thought would tear it up quit soon after they joined. You just never know. That's why I say to tell everyone about the opportunity and then let them make the decision on whether it's something they want to do or not.

I also agree that it's silly for people to think that all they have to do is pay a few hundred bucks and then thousands will come rolling into their bank accounts. I think sometimes MLM presentations can be blamed for this thought initially, when the excitement of it all is new, but really we should all know better than that, and it's ultimately our responsibility to do our due diligence and figure out what exactly it will take to bring those thousands rolling in and whether or not we're willing to do that amount of work.

I never feel sorry for those who say they got ripped off because it didn't come easy, because honestly... they weren't born yesterday and really should know better.

My advice...your name is almost as important as your business. So take compassion on people, be sensitive to their strengths and weaknesses, and get involved with something with LONGEVITY.

That's all I have to say for now.
    Great advice. I whole-heartedly agree!
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

Pink Zebra Sprinkles

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Yes, if you currently have no friends, believe anything and don't wish to amount to much of anything then, MLM's ARE FOR YOU!