+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Truth About Larry Chiappone You Did Not Know

All,

I wanted to share this IMPORTANT inside information about Larry Chiappone of Chiappone Mail Enterprises in West Babylon, NY.

After going back far enough, I found out that Larry Chiappone was convicted of Mail Fraud and did time in jail while he has on probation for Credit Card Fraud.

He has built his business on preying and scamming inocent, unspecting people of their hard earned money. In today's economy, every penny counts.

If you have used his Print & Mail service, and complianed to him of no response from his mailings, he convinces/encourages people to spend more money on another mailing with more pieces. When asked for proof of mailing, he mails out a Postal receipt from his own advertisements mailed with only a handful of others.

He is a "Natural Born Scam Artist". When you receive any flyers in the mail from Larry Chiappone, you now have the truth, and will know what to do.

Concerned Citizen

Re: The Truth About Larry Chiappone You Did Not Kn

:i agree:
    Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The fact is that you have no PROOF of these allegations and I ask that Lady Moderator take this post down immediately!

In the meantime, the fact remains that all mailing houses get accused of mischief when response is poor - ALL MAILING HOUSES!

And if I were to provide a fraudulent receipt, I would be jeopardizing my standing with the Post Office - look at the bottom of these postal statements - people go to jail and get fined for fudging mailing receipts, so that accusation is a mute point.

The fact remains that anonymous information has no creditability. One of the severe problems with this forum is that the moderator does not verify any of this information. So anybody can post up anything they want anonymously about anybody. That lends no creditability to any of these posts.

What’s great about these kind of posts, it gives me FREE ADVERTISING. People spend billions of dollars per year to advertise, and when people place anonymous posts, the average person out there realizes that there is no credence to what they are saying, so to give my company an edge over the dozens of other companies out there is actually doing me a favor. So thank you for saving me thousands of dollars in free advertising.

My website address is www.lcme.com and I am now starting my 24th successful year in the mailing industry thanks to the many wonderful customers I have developed over these many wonderful years.

Yes, I am a real person. My telephone number where I live is 631-961-8760. My business line is 1-888-487-2777. If you would like to discuss any of this with me, or a mailing project you have, it is always my pleasure. Feel free to call me anytime.

Once again, since there is no PROOF of these allegations, I ask that Lady Moderator take this post down immediately.

Once again, since there is no PROOF of these allegations,
    So you are saying that you have never been convicted of Mail Fraud and Credit card fraud?

And you seem to to have more than one scammed customer.
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=7113

Moderators: please do not take down this thread.
    Last edited by borisf96; 12-26-2007 at 01:07 PM.

:
    This is exactly what I am saying and since there is no proof, these allegations are inflammatory - again everyone including you is entitled to your opinion, but the where’s the credibility in these posts? Every one has Internet courage by remaining anonymous. Is this just?

I might also ask that you re-read both these threads - neither one of these people have done business with me, yet they both are accusing me of being a scammer?

I do mailings for different businesses and individuals. Anybody any day of the week can stop by my office and see that there are hundreds of thousands of different flyers from different customers being printed weekly. Anybody any day of the week can visit my Post Office in Wheatley Heights New York and verify the amount of mailings that are being done for all my customers. These two simple steps would proof that these anonymous allegations are false. And I invite you and everyone else to visit my office and to visit my Post Office.

And the true tragedy of this is that my name and reputation is being slandered about as if it doesn’t matter by phantoms. Anonymous posts are phantoms. These phantoms could be my competitors. These phantoms could be someone just trying to get a rise out of me. It could be anyone. I don’t know how anyone could feel that is just.

If anybody has a problem with me, my number is 631-961-8760. That is where I live. “Do unto others as you wish them to do you.” Be fair with your accusations and allegations.

This post should come down until someone can prove that these statements are legit, which means they will be down forever!

Again, this is not fair, nor is it just. I invite anyone to call me anytime at 631-961-8760. Thank you.

:

So you are saying that you have never been convicted of Mail Fraud and Credit card fraud?

If you had a conscience, you would fess up to the truth now that it has been discovered, but you would never do that since you will continue to SCAM people. When you invite people to call you, you're very charming, and can talk your way out of anything. Not this time though. You do recall the write up in the Postal Newspaper, and Suffolk Life don't you? That is a matter of Public record. Not to mention, certain legal documents outling your Mail Fraud conviction that exist. The internet is a beautiful thing, and a very useful tool. If it weren't for this website, Scamers would not be exposed. Everybody has a right to know the truth about you, since you profess how successful you have been for years in running your business. I hope many people read this, pass it on to as many people as possible, and wise up to your scaming.

Hi All,

By now Larry Chiappone has had enough time to digest the information I have posted and shared with you all truthfully, and not just my opinion as Larry Chiappone would like everyone to believe.

Since he has emphatically denied that there is no proof, and begged the Moderators to take the posting down, below is the write up as it appeared in the Postal Newspaper regarding his Mail Fraud. At the very least, he owns everyone an appology, and admit to his scamming nature. Legal Court documents also exist as further proof.
    I encourage anyone who has used his Print and Mail Services to come forward and share your experience, and maybe request your money back.

Thank you Moderators for not taking my posting down, and may it stay up for as long as possible.

Concerned Citizen

__________________________________________________ _________________
    POSTAL NEWS
    By postal employee

Mail fraud detected

Doing the right thing translated to more than $20,000 saved from mail fraud by the effective actions of various Long Island postal employees, from clerks to postmasters.
    Postal Inspector Gerry O'Grady said that if it hadn't been for Deer Park post office clerk Thomas J. Weigand, who initiated an "Irregularity in Preparation of Mail Matter" form, thousands of dollars in unpaid postage would have been lost.
    O'Grady, Postal Inspection Service team leader of the recently created Revenue Protection Team for the Long Island Division, and responsible for this investiga­tion, stated. "On November 22, 1991, clerk Weigand prepared the irregularity form approved by Supervisor George Munoz. for 500 pieces of third-class bulk-rate single sheet advertisements that were supposed to be presorted to carrier route and were improperly prepared and sorted to the wrong routes."
    When this form reached the Middle Island Post Office's Officer-In-Charge Herman Weissert, he immediately checked and found that the permit number cited in the form was inactive and no postage had been paid for the mailing. He made preliminary inquiries, notified the offices of delivery to hold up the delivery of the circulars, and notified the Inspection Service.
    As a result of the investigation that followed. Lawrence Chiappone, owner and operator of Larry Chiappone Mail Enterprises. Inc., a small mailing business located in West Babylon, was proven to have introduced into the mail stream mail with revenue in excess of $20,000. He was allegedly taking the mail from some of his customers and hiding it within sacks with other mailings that had been correctly submitted to the Post Office. By doing this, he would avoid paying the postage. His customers were unaware of this illegal practice.
    When confronted with the evidence, Chiappone pled guilty in federal court to one count of violation of Title 18, sec. 641, Defrauding the Government, by using the mails without paying the postage. Inspector O'Grady said that the postal inspection service team could prove that this had been going on at least since February of 1990.
    Chiappone will be sentenced by Judge Spatt from the Uniondale Court House, and faces the possibility of jail, in addition to having to make restitution to the Postal Service of the more than $20,000 he defrauded. He is also under the risk of losing his mailing permits and post office boxes.
    Other postal employees who made significant contributions to the investiga­tion are Lindenhurst Postmaster Frank Garofalo, Babylon Superintendent of Postal Operations Joseph Conaty, and Massapequa Acting Superintendent of Postal Operations George Kearnes.
    It is important to remember that the mail is protected by law and the illegal use and abuse of it may and will be punished with fines, jail or both, said O'Grady.
    Anyone with information about this kind of fraud involving the mail should call Inspector O'Grady at (212) 330-3359.

jchockey, thanks for providing that information about Larry Chiappone. I didn't know if you were telling the truth in your first post, but after reading your last post it's obvious that you are telling the truth.

I got a letter in the mail just last week from CME, Inc. (Chiappone Mail Enterprises, Inc.) It contained this MLM scam called "the cash tycoon" which said that I could be "making $50,000 to $100,000 per month, every month, for the rest of your life." The cost of joining the program is $1,250 to be in level 1. It's a rip off.

I went to the cash tycoon website and it had a link that went directly to Larry Chiappone's website. What a surprise! Larry Chiappone is more than happy to keep this scam running since he's making money off of it.

I also want to say to Larry . . . you should be ashamed of yourself for coming to this website and lying to everybody . . . and then trying to cover up the truth by asking the moderator to take down jchockey's post. What you have done is dishonest and immoral. I hope you apologize.

I am certainly sorry you feel this way even though I don’t know you or ever have done business with you. That’s for sure.

This alleged article is written by who? When you go to the USPS website, no record of it. When you go to the Postal Inspectors website, no record of it. When you go to the Dept. of Justice website, no record of it. When you call the 212 number, no one ever answers.

I am guessing one of my competitors has figured out a way to make me look bad to some people. I would like to believe in my heart of hearts, anyone with any common sense can see this has no creditability - just read the article - it claims I mailed out more pieces then I paid for - shouldn’t it say the opposite? Shouldn’t it say I cheated people out of their money? So this article is backwards? Isn’t it? Does that make any sense?

Listen, I am a mailing service. I have worked with the same Postal Service and the same Post Office for 24 years now. I have not been involved in any programs since 2005 and the few I was involved with were because I gave them discounts on their mailings they paid for with me. That’s it. I only do mailings for people and for companies that pay me to do mailings for them. If you feel something is a scam and can provide me some solid proof, I certainly won’t mail it. I agree anything that is a scam should be shut down. I agree 100%! But if you “claim” something is a scam, where’s the validity in that? Would you appreciate someone anonymously making unsubstantiated posts about you?

And why shouldn’t I have a link to my site? I was paid by Vis-Mar to develop the site for their program. We negotiated a price and discounted it such that I can add my link to their site. What’s wrong with that? That’s good business. In fact, if you think that is a scam, then you must think this scam.com website is a scam too - it has link after link after link after link. Obviously, this site is not a public service forum. It’s in business to make money - isn’t it?

Obviously, you believe what you want to believe. There’s no question that I am very disappointed that my name has been slandered this way - very disappointed. I wish it would stop. All I have said from the start, where’s the proof of this allegation? And why do I have to prove I didn’t do it? And what do I do? Mail more pieces?
    :

** "where's the proof of this allegation?" - Larry Chiappone

You're still trying to deny this? Would you like me to run a background check on you, Larry? I can settle this once and for all.

** "just read the article - it claims I mailed out more pieces than I paid for - shouldn't it say the opposite?" - Larry

Why would it say the opposite? The article didn't accuse you of cheating your customers. It said you were taking mail and "hiding it within sacks with other mailings . . . . By doing this, he would avoid paying the postage." You were accused of trying to defraud the Postal Service of more than $20,000.

Sneaky, Larry.

** "But if you 'claim' something is a scam, where's the validity in that?" - Larry

Like I'm going to believe a letter that tells me that I'm going to "strike in rich" and make "$50,000 to $100,000 every month" with their MLM scheme. Where's the validity in that?

What "precious" product are they offering for $1,250? Ooooh . . . a CD. Wow. Sign me up!

Actually, $1,000 of that amount is going to commissions, or as the sales letter puts it . . "referral fee payments for the persons inviting you to join."

Yeah, that's a rip off.

I already read about MLM and here's what is says:

"the focus now is solely on recruiting new people to either buy into the program or else to buy products that are grossly overpriced . . .

Thus, today just about ALL of the multi-level marketing programs are scams. In today's internet economy, there is simply no need for multi-level marketing or the overpriced products that they sell - meaning that the only thing they are selling are memberships in anticipation that future memberships will be sold in the future, which is the classic definition of a pyramid scheme, and thus securities fraud."

What a lame explanation! Since the article came out in 1991, it is stored in archives, and is available upon request by contacting the Postal News, a publication for the US Post Office. If you go to the US Postal Inspector Lindenhurst website (http://www.babylonbeacon.com/News/20..._Page/011.html), you will see that one of the Postal Inspectors, from the article, Frank Garofalo, is alive and well participating in worthy causes.

Mail Fraud is Mail Fraud anyway you look at it. Contrary to your statement that you have worked with the same Post Office for 24 years, as a matter of fact, you stared out in the Babylon Post Office under Permit 225, Post Office Boxes 1152 and 1240 which were revoked in 1992 due to your pleading guilty to defrauding the United States, a federal felony, and landed you in jail. You also have been involved with the Money Makers Monthly Program, now known as Network Marketing Business Journal, since 1989. They can be reached at (815) 762-5555.

If anyone were to call the Wheatley Heights Post Office, where you now do your mailings, they can only confirm that you are doing mailings, and not which flyers are in the mailings. With postage and printing fees as high as they are, it is impossible for you, a small print and mail company, to print and mail each and every flyer that is sent to you, and your advertisements besides. Therefore, you have to resort to deceiving, baiting and hooking unsuspecting people, which you do so well.

Does any of this ring a bell Larry? DING, DING, DING!!!!!!!

You got it right!!!!---- I used him years ago, he keeps sucking money
    from you giving you alittle hope sending more crapy offers.
    He should be in jail! ha,ha

Larry Chiappone, you are a pathological liar.

I did a couple background checks on you, and you really did go to jail.

Remember case number 9:1992CR00244? Remember your arraignment date on 03/02/1992, which took place in the New York Eastern District Court?

Remember inmate number 27942-053?

jchockey has been telling the truth about you this whole time. And here you were claiming that there was "no record of it." You're a deceptive fraud.

HERE'S PROOF THAT LARRY CHIAPPONE WENT TO PRISON

Simply visit the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Here's the link:

http://www.bop.gov

Now click "INMATE LOCATOR" and type in Lawrence Chiappone. And there he is . . . it shows his inmate register number, age, race, sex, and date of release.

The next time I get a letter from you Larry, it's going straight to the garbage where it belongs. I won't even bother reading it.

Now don't you feel embarrassed that you've been exposed as a liar in front of everybody here, Larry? Shame on you.

Your goose has been cooked Larry........How were your accomodations in prison?........Applause to Barbie Zirconia for nailing you.......How can you live with yourself?..........You must think people are stupid.........When I get your junk in the mail, to the shredder it goes.......You're a leech, and should be in jail.

:star:You are right – good work whoever you are. First, I want to apologize if I have offended anyone with my denial. This happened 16+ years ago and it is still embarrassing to me. It’s hard to admit things you want to forget. So for anyone and everyone I have offended, I apologize. I have no excuse for denying this fact.

Back in 1991, instead of fighting the government, which I would have lost, I accepted a plea to “Unlawful Conversion of US Postage Funds.” In English, I was mailing more pieces than I was paying for. In 1989, 1990, and 1991, the Post Office used to accept big heavy bags for bulk mailing. A person could put anything they wanted in these huge bags and I did. Instead of putting 5,000 pieces in the bags, I put in 10,000 pieces and paid for 5,000. I got very greedy and the mailing I was nailed on was a 25,000 piece mailing for which I only paid for 4,000 pieces. That was very stupid of me. Many people told me that they would have done the same thing, which certainly is not the right thing to do. I know everyone wants to save postage, but it was wrong and I apologize. The oddity is that if I did this same crime to a private company, it would not have been a crime. So I certainly paid a heavy price.

In 1991, I spent 10 months in a Federal prison. Because of my stupidity, my wife divorced me and I lost my family. I was also fined $21,000 by the US Government and I spent $27,000 on my attorney. When I was released, I spend 3 years on probation. Every mailing I made was thoroughly checked to make sure I was mailing what I paid for.

Since that time, the Post Office has gone to a completely different bulk mailing system. In order to do mailings today, a person must submit CASS certified postal statements, which clearly show every piece in the mailing and where its destination is. It’s IMPOSSIBLE to do what I did back in 1989 today - IMPOSSIBLE!

So because of my stupidity; Because of being greedy; Because I didn’t think I was committing a crime at that time, I paid a severe price.

I never held myself out above any one, so I guess what is disappointing to me about this site is that anonymous people jump to conclusions and say whatever they want at anybody’s expense. When someone makes a post on here, I do read it and it does hurt, so if that is your goal, you are succeeding. Just because I pled to a crime against the Post Office 16+ years ago doesn’t mean I am cheating people today. That is what’s most disappointing. I guess that’s the point I was really denying.

As I previously mentioned, I mail the flyers people pay for. You can come to my office Money to Friday 9am-5pm and watch your flyers being printed, collated and then mailed. Are YES! There a lot of flyers that I am paid to print, collate and mail that I consider “cheesy”? Definitely! But it’s not my place to judge. It’s my goal to put honest offers in front of interested people. I don’t think that goal is any different than any other mailers goal.

I would also like to say that I have built a strong business thru strong relationships. So to deny this claim, this allegation, was very ignorant and shameful of me. And again, I am very sorry if I have offended anyone.

If this precludes any of you from doing business with me, I understand. I even don’t blame you.

I think it’s good that this information has come out at this time because no matter what depths of despair a person may reach, when you believe in yourself, have faith in God, and work hard at re-building your life, the sky is the limit.

I am glad to tell you this. As you see, I am not an anonymous person. I am real. I don’t know about these other people on this site. But I am proud of who I am and I am proud to report to you this information. I made an error in judgment and I paid a heavy price. If you wish to hold this against me, then I understand. Again, I am very sorry if I have offended anyone.

If you wish to be removed from my mailing list, just call me at 631-961-8760. I can also get you removed from many other mailing lists also if you want. Good luck with all your endeavors.

16. 01-13-2008, 11:17 PM

It’s all well and good that after you were cornered, you apologized. I’m sure you have heard that a TIGER can’t change its stripes. Since you were brazen enough to defraud the United States Post Office, imagine what you can do to the “Little People”. Compared to the United States Post Office that would be a piece of cake for a fraud like you. Impossible you say? You may not be doing it in the same way as years ago, but you probably have found new and improved ways to defraud and scam (“Money Doctor" and "Cash Tycoon”). GREED is addicting, and being in the business that you’re in, the temptation is great, and you just can’t help yourself.