+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Conversion to Islam or Judaism

Is it easier to convert to Islam or Judaism?

Re: Conversion to Islam or Judaism

Quote Originally Posted by KishmeernTuches View Post
    Converting to Judiasm is a lengthly process. Plus the Jews aren't very interested in converts. A person must be born to a Jewish mother to be considered a true Jew. Being born to a Jewish father dosen't count.

To become a Muslim is very simple. You just repeat in Arabic these 2 sentences in front of a group of Muslims. Called the Shadda (shaw-ha-da)

"There is No other God but God".
    "And Muhammad is the Prophet of God".

After saying the Shadda, the people at the Mosque will teach you the 5daily prayers and the ritual washing before prayers.

How does one 'become' a Christian?

Religion is just a belief system with rituals. As long as you follow it you can consider yourself to be that religion. But in terms of other people accepting it is different. I would also say converting to Islam is easy, that's what all the prisoners find.

according to scripture,you must become a different "creature",by putting on a different "mind"(do as your told)by "realizing"(making it true) in your heart(the source of mind(s),that there is a better/best mind available(mind of the christ) to you as a "free chooser"(legal term)of your own person/character/ACTIVELY IMPOSING IDENTITY!?AKA...creat-ture!?or maybe more accurately.....create-overture!?you must be born again,to recreate/reaffirm your belief in TRUTH!?the ultimate "BOURNE IDENTITY"!?WAHOO!?..do you...YAHOO!?:shocked: :drunk: : hehe!!...just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

i just had this thought!?....men may practice religion but it is the individual that has the potential to make it perfect/present!?all men cannot acheive it's stated/worshipped goal but everyman can try!?if self willing!?............ok,forget it then.....:surprised: :drunk: :clown: :hehe!!....just askn.....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud View Post
    Converting to Judiasm is a lengthly process. Plus the Jews aren't very interested in converts. A person must be born to a Jewish mother to be considered a true Jew. Being born to a Jewish father dosen't count.

To become a Muslim is very simple. You just repeat in Arabic these 2 sentences in front of a group of Muslims. Called the Shadda (shaw-ha-da)

After saying the Shadda, the people at the Mosque will teach you the 5daily prayers and the ritual washing before prayers.
    i think christianity states that no man can say "christ is lord" but that he say it thru/by the holy spirit!?if mind=spirit=voice!?then this makes sense!?from a technical standpoint anyway!?and it just occured to me that the christ was born as a man and thus making the mind of god available to ALL men again!?does this make christ worship valid!?or is it just another form of hero worship!?albeit the most deserving!?do all prophets make known the mind of god!?surely there are greater and lesser prophets!?certainly a "son" has more authority than an admirer/promoter concerning a/the father!?:surprised: :drunk: :clown: : hehe!!.....just askn..
    Last edited by lexx; 12-12-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. hook View Post
    Religion is just a belief system with rituals. As long as you follow it you can consider yourself to be that religion. But in terms of other people accepting it is different. I would also say converting to Islam is easy, that's what all the prisoners find.
    name anything organized that men do under the sun that is not belief and ritual!?HEY COOS!?when ya gonna get started on that comparative religion "KICK" of yours!?:cry: :surprised: :drunk: :hehe!!....just askn...
    Last edited by lexx; 12-12-2007 at 11:53 PM.

It depends if you're an uncircumcised male or not. And I think even the circumcised ones must draw a drop of blood from the penis. I know it's gross, but just saying.

Public declaration of Jesus being your Lord and Savior who you will follow for your whole life, and being baptized at the earliest convenience.

But in my opinion, you'll need to read the entire Bible and truly believe in what you're saying and understand the implications - rather than just say you're one because you were baptized as a baby or your parents were Christian or because it's a cultural thing.

Saying you believe in Jesus means that if someone puts a gun to your head and says they'll shoot you if you don't renounce Jesus, and then ask who is your lord and savior, you are expected to answer "Jesus". The magnitude of the mandates of Christ should come over your heart, and though none ever live sinless lives, you still strive for those lofty ideals. Your life becomes a pronouncement of justice - a thing that does not go with the flow of culture. If one truly becomes Christian in their hearts, the poor will be very grateful for it.
    Last edited by Ronald; 12-13-2007 at 10:42 AM.

be careful. did anybody warn you that if you convert to Islam and later change your mind, the penalty is death ?

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52004

"refused to join a crowd chanting Quran verses in honor of the lunar eclipse"

yep, that's death penalty.
    Last edited by mumbles; 12-13-2007 at 12:51 PM. Reason: example(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    be careful. did anybody warn you that if you convert to Islam and later change your mind, the penalty is death ?
    Converting to Islam then is easiest, but you're saying that it's impossible to unconvert?

Can you then remain a Muslim and also be a Christian or also a Jew?

Converting to Islam then is easiest, but you're saying that it's impossible to unconvert?

All 3 are considered monotheistic religions. But they are seperate and distinct religions.

Mumbles gave you a good answer about the penalty for leaving Islam. However, he did not say it is impossible to unconvert. It is possible to do so. Thousands of people who are nominally "Muslims" are losing their religion daily. They just don't let people around them know about it because they don't want to get killed for their apostacy. Islam is the fastest dying religion in the world. More people leave Islam every day than any other religion.

Not really. Like I said before, though, some people pretend to be Muslim when really they are not really Muslim. If the person was something else before, he or she might go back to his or her original religion.

" According to research by Dr. Ilyas Ba-Yunus. 75% of New Muslim Converts in the US leave Islam within a few years."
    http://soc.mailarchive.ca/culture.usa/2007-08/0515.html
    Last edited by Bitten; 12-16-2007 at 12:30 AM. Reason: clarification of meaning

Converting to Judiasm is a lengthly process.
    That's true, Dawud.

Plus the Jews aren't very interested in converts.
    That's not true, Dawud. There is a great deal of interest in converts to Judaism from Jews. What there is not much of is active proselytization (or, dawa, as proselytization is called in Islam, Dawud; hmmm - I see a connection between your username and the term for proselytization; coincidence?)

A person must be born to a Jewish mother to be considered a true Jew.
    No. A convert to Judaism is considered a true Jew. That's why it takes so long.

Being born to a Jewish father dosen't count.
    According to Jewish law, Jewish identity is drawn matrilinealy because it is always certain who the mother is. The identity of who the father might be is open to question, especially bearing in mind historical patterns of frequent attacks against Jewish people and the rapings that often occur at those times.

To become a Muslim is very simple.
    Too simple. People get into it without really knowing they are getting into a mysogenistic death cult bent on world domination (unless they are pressured into joining under threat of violence; then the hidden agenda becomes clear pretty quickly).

You just repeat in Arabic these 2 sentences in front of a group of Muslims. Called the Shadda (shaw-ha-da)

That's a distorted translation, Dawud. A more accurate translation would be "There is no God but Allah, and Mahamood is his prophet."

The word for God in Arabic is Ilah, not Allah. Allah is the proper name of the pagan Moon god that Mahamood falsely claimed is the same god as was worshipped by the Jews and Christians.

...and a whole lot of hatred towards everyone who is not a Mahamoodan, but not right away. Newcomers have to be treated gingerly at first, aren't they Dawud?

Bitten, you try to come across as someone who is an Islamic expert. But around 50% of what you say is either wrong, misguided, or a blatant lie.

My name is David. In Arabic and in the Quran the name is called Dawud. (dow-ood) At the Mosque I am known as Dawud.

I converted to Islam almost 7 years ago. No one held a gun to my head. I converted after a long period of intense study. Pre 9/11

I was a Christian for many years and have read the Bible many times and almost became a Minister. I have also attended Jewish Synagogue services and High Holidays. My BA degree is in Sociology with a minor in Psychology.

What I am trying to say is that I am not some misguided dummy who fell into a religious cult unaware. I have been treated with the upmost respect and brotherhood since day one.

My job takes me to many states and alot of towns and cities throughout the United States. Whenever I travel I google the city and find the local Mosque. Since most Mosques were started by the immigrants who first moved to that town or city. Everyone that I visit is unique. For instance, my favorite mosque in Boston is predominately Somali. Or the one in New Orleans is mainly Pakistain people in attendence. You get the picture. But no matter what the ethnicity of the mosque, there is always a number of American converts who are members.

I personally haven't known of ANY converts who have dropped out of the religion. All of the one's I know are dedicated men and women who work a job, pay taxes, raise their children, and are basically happy about life and Islam.

Like I say I have attended hundereds of services, in dozens of different Mosques, in several states. And Not once have I ever heard hate preached or other anti-infidel non sense as you alledge in your posts. Again, Not one single time.

As far as a hidden Islamic agenda as you suggest Bitten. Something about a death cult, world domination, and other bizzare rantings. Surely you are joking and are smarter than that. I hope.

After 7 years I think I would have become aware of such an agenda, or at least been told of the inner secrets and plots by my Muslim brothers.

So far nothing Bitten! But I will keep looking!!
    Last edited by Dawud; 12-16-2007 at 09:15 AM.