+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

You stupid mother f...ers

I can't stand you dumbass freaks anymore (you'll know who I'm talking about in a bit). Fvck. I am so nauseatingly frustrated with the gross misconceptions of Christianity, I feel like hitting my punching bag a bit.

Frig. And it's not even atheists. It's freaking Bible attending Christians who walk around, dumb as a doorknob, with such a poor conception of what the hell is happening in the Bible. They don't understand the necessity of the virgin birth, or the history of the Bible, the archeological evidences, or why the genocides of the Old Testament happened. They walk around like air heads, basically saying: "Jesus loves me." just as easily they could be saying Barney the purple dinosaur loves them.

If I have to hear this stupid argument one more time: "There are so many religions. How am I supposed to choose?" or "What's the difference in believing in Jesus or Zeus or Thor?"

If you have to ask, you're an idiot. You can't honestly ask those questions and not be able to come up with answers if you try to. You're either retarded or lying if these are actual concerns you have.

I'm not going to say whether or not Christianity is true, but do some fvcking homework. You have the internet. RESEARCH! Would it kill you to do that?

These atheists who pop up and pretend to represent all things logical, rational and scientific are so fluffy...

Lets put it this way - they're just as religious and dogmatic as the people they hate. They believe with certainty in things they can't prove, and their rational processes suck. I've been debating people on YouTube, and I don't care to extend the debate here.

Here's what I will say. Feel like bashing Christianity? MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ THE BIBLE FIRST! Because 90% of the crap that pours out of your mouth otherwise is easily answered by either Bible study or some basic internet research, either of which you're too lazy to do.

And you know who's fault this really is? It isn't the atheists. It's the Christians. You dumbasses who like to get together and strum your guitar and sing your songs and feel good at your social gatherings, either at the Swiss Chalet or Bubbletea - why don't you crack open a book that's intellectual, not these moronic self help Christian books (Rick Warren should hang upside down while being pelted with eggs, and same with the dude who invented Life Shapes).

Because maybe then you could actually address the genuine concern that the average person has. Maybe then more people would be able to go to church without feeling like they're committing intellectual suicide and joining "happy-fun retard fest".

I've been to three churches in Toronto, and none of them offer a decent, intellectual Bible study. I'm agnostic on the issue, but I know more about Christianity than most believers. It's not that I'm a smart guy, but that you guys are too touchy-feely. You're non-objective, a total let down to others in society.

I'm sorry I cussed. I wish I didn't. I wish I wasn't so rude, but I needed to vent. I shouldn't have to be saying the things I'm saying. The average Christian should be able to kick my ass in an intellectual debate. I expect that. Making defences to Christianity shouldn't be up to agnostics like me.

And if there are any atheists here who think they're just so brilliant for rejecting all religions including Christianity - you're not that smart. You just like to think you're brilliant, and well informed, and rational.

My God, I need to start another thread on atheists. You guys are professional dumbasses. "Duh... I see no consequence to having sex before marriage! I sure hope this condom doesn't break! Ah, well, I can just kill the baby if there is one. And I'm sure my future husband/wife won't mind that I fvcked a dozen people. By the way, lets legalize prostitution and someone pass me that pot! Dude, I am going to get so hammered tonight!"

Yeah, that's the answer to all our problems. Thank you, atheists. You guys keep working on that cure for AIDS. I'm sure it's right around the corner! (heavy sarcasm, in case you tragically can't tell)
    Last edited by Ronald; 12-05-2007 at 07:43 AM.

Re: You stupid mother f...ers

wow, what a rant

[quote=Ronald;459634]
    I'm not going to say whether or not Christianity is true, but do some fvcking homework. You have the internet. RESEARCH! Would it kill you to do that?
    [quote]

My turn to rant: Searching the internet with GOOGLE is NOT RESEARCH. If it was, scientist would throw away their laboratories and just use google.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post

My God, I need to start another thread on atheists. You guys are professional dumbasses. "Duh... I see no consequence to having sex before marriage! I sure hope this condom doesn't break! Ah, well, I can just kill the baby if there is one. And I'm sure my future husband/wife won't mind that I fvcked a dozen people. By the way, lets legalize prostitution and someone pass me that pot! Dude, I am going to get so hammered tonight!"

Yeah, that's the answer to all our problems. Thank you, atheists. You guys keep working on that cure for AIDS. I'm sure it's right around the corner! (heavy sarcasm, in case you tragically can't tell)
    Oh Boy yet and other profound and totally un-biased post. Thank you for bringing the fact that you are being heavy sarcastic to our attention. As far us atheists go, we are not very well versed (spelling?) in those sort of things. But I digress.

You are absolutely right about atheists being the cause of everything that is wrong with the world Atheists are known to board packed buses with explosives tied to their bodies with nails, ball bearings and rat poison in their pockets.

Also, atheists are known to tell their kids:

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
    7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
    8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
    9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
    10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
    DEUTERONOMY
    CHAPTER 13

This little tid-bit is just for you because you seem to like quotes from the bible.
    And that wonderfully book is full of great suggestions and advices such as this.

Atheists did invent, however, that awful penicillin, no more blood letting for you...

We should just take all the people who don't follow the the Holy Book, and don't live by it, to the public square for a roast.

Unfortunately, then all we would be left with are Muslims and Jews fighting the good fight in the Middle East and some Orthodox Christians in Russia.
    As it turns out, reading the bible closely, it is some what of an extremist guide to crown control. Extremism, however, is not very conducive to the Western way of life and Capitalism. So the best way to be a Good Christian is to pick the passages from the Bible that fits your lifestyle and comfort level, and preach that to your hearts content. Rationality and common sense is but a by-product that will be left for those darn atheists to deal with.
    "Farewell, all joys! O Death, come close mine eyes!
    "More Geese than Swans now live, more Fools than Wise."

Well breathe in and breathe out my friend, people are swayed by persuasive arguments and not by pointless rants, if you are so angry about people misrepresenting christianity why then do you make these massive generalisations about atheists? ive stated this many times here atheism is described as:

"belief that there is insufficient objective evidence for the existence of god"

i mean sure there are atheists who would be classified as a level 7 in the atheism scale but they are idiots amongst atheists just like YEC's are to non-retarded christians

My God, I need to start another thread on atheists. You guys are professional dumbasses.
    Yes yes im a dumbass i know ive heard this a million times. They are never able to tell me what exactly is wrong with atheism itself that hasnt been refuted a billion times? cause i'd totally change back to agnosticism if someone actually gives me a good argument against atheism that doesnt depend on misrepresenting us.
    ill get you started:

Premise 1:
    Premise 2:
    conclusion:

"Duh... I see no consequence to having sex before marriage! I sure hope this condom doesn't break! Ah, well, I can just kill the baby if there is one. And I'm sure my future husband/wife won't mind that I fvcked a dozen people. By the way, lets legalize prostitution and someone pass me that pot! Dude, I am going to get so hammered tonight
    lol remember atheismtm ≠ Liberal ® Stereotype

Im more than happy to defend atheism as well as id like to see someone defend christianity but if all you are going to do is throw ad hominems then its gonna lead nowhere

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

"My God, I need to start another thread on atheists. You guys are professional dumbasses. "Duh... I see no consequence to having sex before marriage! I sure hope this condom doesn't break! Ah, well, I can just kill the baby if there is one. And I'm sure my future husband/wife won't mind that I fvcked a dozen people. By the way, lets legalize prostitution and someone pass me that pot! Dude, I am going to get so hammered tonight!"

..and a stupid assumption being made here is, the only way morals are held or acquired are through religion?

Do you think that maybe he just wants attention?

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
    Do you think that maybe he just wants attention?
    I think its Rabies

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
    wow, what a rant
    My sentiments exactly.
    "I am not afraid." Joan of Arc

"...victory at all cost, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival." Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Agitator View Post
    Oh Boy yet and other profound and totally un-biased post. Thank you for bringing the fact that you are being heavy sarcastic to our attention. As far us atheists go, we are not very well versed (spelling?) in those sort of things. But I digress.

You are absolutely right about atheists being the cause of everything that is wrong with the world Atheists are known to board packed buses with explosives tied to their bodies with nails, ball bearings and rat poison in their pockets.

Also, atheists are known to tell their kids:

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
    7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
    8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
    9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
    10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
    DEUTERONOMY
    CHAPTER 13

This little tid-bit is just for you because you seem to like quotes from the bible.
    And that wonderfully book is full of great suggestions and advices such as this.

Atheists did invent, however, that awful penicillin, no more blood letting for you...

We should just take all the people who don't follow the the Holy Book, and don't live by it, to the public square for a roast.

Unfortunately, then all we would be left with are Muslims and Jews fighting the good fight in the Middle East and some Orthodox Christians in Russia.
    As it turns out, reading the bible closely, it is some what of an extremist guide to crown control. Extremism, however, is not very conducive to the Western way of life and Capitalism. So the best way to be a Good Christian is to pick the passages from the Bible that fits your lifestyle and comfort level, and preach that to your hearts content. Rationality and common sense is but a by-product that will be left for those darn atheists to deal with.
    You're right, Agitator. Atheists aren't blowing themselves and innocent civillians to smithereens, but they have slaughtered people by the millions where they've had total power. Read W.E.B duBois' autobiography; he writes that one of the things the Soviet Union should be thanked for was its campaign to eradicate religion. Just something for you to think about.

And who were the atheists who invented penicillin? Or are you assuming that "scientists" and "atheists" are the same thing?
    "I am not afraid." Joan of Arc

"...victory at all cost, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival." Sir Winston Churchill

Religion divorced from reason will ultimately lead to fanaticism. With this said, there is absolutely no contradiction between true religion and the proper use of reason as Pope Benedict XVI has said many times in his writings.

The problem with atheism is that it substitutes faith in God, since belief in God is supposedly "irrational", with 'faith' in materialism, 'faith' in the supposed innate goodness of man (we have seen how atheistic regimes have treated humanity) and will inevitably lead to an egotistical life since man lives only for this world, which is far from the selfless spirit that authentic Christianity fosters. In Catholic teaching, since that is what I am familiar with, there is an inextricable link between love of God and love of neighbor. One cannot love God without loving their neighbor and one cannot love their fellow neighbor without loving God. (I know many would disagree)

Atheism is destructive to humanity if you ask me, and is rather boring quite contrary to the dynamic and beautiful worldview that true Christianity offers to the individual.
    Last edited by wanderingsoul; 12-06-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingsoul View Post
    Religion divorced from reason will ultimately lead to fanaticism. With this said, there is absolutely no contradiction between true religion and the proper use of reason as Pope Benedict XVI has said many times in his writings.
    The problem i see with religion is the faith before evidence, how can anyone be right about anything if all of your answers are unfalsifiable?

The problem with atheism is that it substitutes faith in God, since belief in God is supposedly "irrational", with 'faith' in materialism
    Youve confused atheism with science here, the bigest beleif in science is that the evidence doesnt lie

'faith' in the supposed innate goodness of man (we have seen how atheistic regimes have treated humanity)
    Like this wont also be true for any religious regime, you can use stallin as an example and i can use hitler as another. It leads nowhere because no matter what way you look at it they were tyrants regardless of what religion they are

and will inevitably lead to an egotistical life since man lives only for this world, which is far from the selfless spirit that authentic Christianity fosters.
    This is just sad, so if you werent Catholic you would immediatly live a selfish life of no morals?

look we are social animals, we interact with others because it benefits us. Have you ever looked at both sides and asked where do morals come from?

In Catholic teaching, since that is what I am familiar with, there is an inextricable link between love of God and love of neighbor. One cannot love God without loving their neighbor and one cannot love their fellow neighbor without loving God. (I know many would disagree)
    If only all of the members in catholicism would follow this rule, it would be nice too if the members of other denominations of christianity would also follow the do not lie commandment

Atheism is destructive to humanity if you ask me, and is rather boring quite contrary to the dynamic and beautiful worldview that true Christianity offers to the individual.
    I challenge this view, the notion of needing a god to do good things is more destructive because it leads to people justifying their actions on him(or the devil) instead of their actions being accountable for one self

anyone can say "i was just following orders" in order to justify commiting atrocities, anyone can cite any passage of the bible in order to justify doing what they want, look at for example the bastard mudpuppy using the bible to spread racism

Ill ask you again where do you beleive morals comes from? and have you ever asked where do we beleive morals come from?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarMaiden View Post
    You're right, Agitator. Atheists aren't blowing themselves and innocent civillians to smithereens, but they have slaughtered people by the millions where they've had total power. Read W.E.B duBois' autobiography; he writes that one of the things the Soviet Union should be thanked for was its campaign to eradicate religion. Just something for you to think about.
    Well religion sort of poses a problem for such an opressive communist regime

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarMaiden View Post
    And who were the atheists who invented penicillin? Or are you assuming that "scientists" and "atheists" are the same thing?
    Id like to hear you thoughts on why such a high proportion of scientists are atheists/agnostics/deists

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    A study has shown atheism to be particularly prevalent among scientists, a tendency already quite marked at the beginning of the 20th century, developing into a dominant one during the course of the century. In 1914, James H. Leuba found that 58% of 1,000 randomly selected U.S. natural scientists expressed "disbelief or doubt in the existence of God" (defined as a personal God which interacts directly with human beings). The same study, repeated in 1996, gave a similar percentage of 60.7%; this number is 93% among the members of the National Academy of Sciences. Expressions of positive disbelief rose from 52% to 72%.[
    Atheism also only makes up about 13% of the worlds population which makes it even more odd. My guess is that although science has no say on whether god exists or not, if a person objectively uses the scientific method he/she will most likely end up as a level 6 atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    I can't stand you dumbass freaks anymore (you'll know who I'm talking about in a bit). Fvck. I am so nauseatingly frustrated with the gross misconceptions of Christianity, I feel like hitting my punching bag a bit.

Frig. And it's not even atheists. It's freaking Bible attending Christians who walk around, dumb as a doorknob, with such a poor conception of what the hell is happening in the Bible. They don't understand the necessity of the virgin birth, or the history of the Bible, the archeological evidences, or why the genocides of the Old Testament happened. They walk around like air heads, basically saying: "Jesus loves me." just as easily they could be saying Barney the purple dinosaur loves them.

If I have to hear this stupid argument one more time: "There are so many religions. How am I supposed to choose?" or "What's the difference in believing in Jesus or Zeus or Thor?"

If you have to ask, you're an idiot. You can't honestly ask those questions and not be able to come up with answers if you try to. You're either retarded or lying if these are actual concerns you have.

These atheists who pop up and pretend to represent all things logical, rational and scientific are so fluffy...

Lets put it this way - they're just as religious and dogmatic as the people they hate. They believe with certainty in things they can't prove, and their rational processes suck. I've been debating people on YouTube, and I don't care to extend the debate here.

Here's what I will say. Feel like bashing Christianity? MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ THE BIBLE FIRST! Because 90% of the crap that pours out of your mouth otherwise is easily answered by either Bible study or some basic internet research, either of which you're too lazy to do.

And you know who's fault this really is? It isn't the atheists. It's the Christians. You dumbasses who like to get together and strum your guitar and sing your songs and feel good at your social gatherings, either at the Swiss Chalet or Bubbletea - why don't you crack open a book that's intellectual, not these moronic self help Christian books (Rick Warren should hang upside down while being pelted with eggs, and same with the dude who invented Life Shapes).

Because maybe then you could actually address the genuine concern that the average person has. Maybe then more people would be able to go to church without feeling like they're committing intellectual suicide and joining "happy-fun retard fest".

I've been to three churches in Toronto, and none of them offer a decent, intellectual Bible study. I'm agnostic on the issue, but I know more about Christianity than most believers. It's not that I'm a smart guy, but that you guys are too touchy-feely. You're non-objective, a total let down to others in society.

I'm sorry I cussed. I wish I didn't. I wish I wasn't so rude, but I needed to vent. I shouldn't have to be saying the things I'm saying. The average Christian should be able to kick my ass in an intellectual debate. I expect that. Making defences to Christianity shouldn't be up to agnostics like me.

And if there are any atheists here who think they're just so brilliant for rejecting all religions including Christianity - you're not that smart. You just like to think you're brilliant, and well informed, and rational.

Wow you need some love brother. Have you tried Christianity?
    I am currently reading --- White Jazz - James Ellroy

Quote Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
    Id like to hear you thoughts on why such a high proportion of scientists are atheists/agnostics/deists
    Ironically, the number of Christian archeologists is significant, as there is a huge debate surrounding evidences of the Bible. So it's like saying most black people like rap music. It doesn't add to the credibility of black music, and we're not sure how true it is.

One of the reasons that drives scientists to reject not just Christianity but religions entirely, such as Buddhism, is not because of some rational discourse but because of one of their assumptions they employ as scientists - that everything is caused by nature, not the supernatural, and there is always some sort of natural explanation for everything.

If a scientist submits a paper that says a supernatural event occurred, that's the end of his career, or if a scientist says: "I have faith that this is true." Whereas this isn't a problem if you're a dentist or if you're serving in the government or military or whatever. That's just the nature of the job.

The problem is to say that nothing supernatural occurs is an assumption, and even Charles Dawkins will admit that, that according to the scientific method he can't prove whether or not God exists.

I believe there's a creationist museum in Kansas which is just a multi-million dollar disgrace, called "a monument of ignorance". It's just lousy science, and people have naturally had that backlash. Science goes bad when you operate on assumption. The founder thought: "Since Christianity MUST be true, how could it have happened." and he comes up with the most improbable techniques, which to him are not improbable since he compares it to the alternative which he thinks is impossible.

Likewise, scientists do the same. Since they assume the Bible is impossible, they generate in depth theories that other people see as improbable but they see as probable since the alternative is impossible to them.

All in all, it makes for bad science. That's personally what I think.

What's really disturbing is when some average guy comes up and says: "Christianity is a fairy tale! It's stupid. We educated scientists don't believe that!"

But these people who say that aren't scientists. They haven't even read the Bible. They haven't even looked into the evidences that are claimed to support the Bible. They just walk in after listening to Christopher Hitchens who doesn't look like he can even breathe without sweating, and just condescend.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DISPROVE THE BIBLE. What I do is I come up with a contradiction, or a theory of how the Bible could be a scam, or just made up, and then I take it intellectuals in the church community and try to convert them. Yeah, I can convert people who have a mediocre knowledge of Christianity like kids, but it's no cakewalk, and I've discovered really good answers to half of my arguments. I still have a remainder of arguments, but...

I'm just saying - most of the time when people mock Christianity, they are really uneducated on the subject.

Richard Dawkins especially. He's brilliant when it comes to science, and I loved his work "Good guys finish first". But he's as dumb as a child when it comes to understanding theology. He has no comprehension of why God told Abraham to sacrifice his son. A teenager could answer this.

The people who tout to be representatives of reason and logic, like say the Rational Response Squad, are totally full of themselves. They haven't studied philosophy or logic in university. They just assume that they're being scientific.

And once again, I blame the church for this. If churches would teach DECENT Bible studies, I wouldn't have to see so many misconceptions. I see atheists make arguments that are SO EASY TO ANSWER. It disturbs me that even church pastors with degrees from seminaries can't even answer some of these questions, and make no effort to spread that knowledge.

What its reduced to is just a bunch of philosophy and emotional appeals to love Jesus or burn in hell, which is an insult to intelligent people. These pastors wind up selling a marketed product, rather than truth.

I'm sorry for my subject title. I am ashamed of it that I said "stupid mother f...ers", but I was at my patience's end when I saw all the lies surrounding the debate. People push things as fact, claim they've done research when they haven't, and the debate is pushed on by dishonesty and laziness. And I can't stand when people tell lies with the word "God" in the sentence. I'm not saying that makes my angry response right, but it's pretty tough not to get angry.
    Last edited by Ronald; 12-06-2007 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    "My God, I need to start another thread on atheists. You guys are professional dumbasses. "Duh... I see no consequence to having sex before marriage! I sure hope this condom doesn't break! Ah, well, I can just kill the baby if there is one. And I'm sure my future husband/wife won't mind that I fvcked a dozen people. By the way, lets legalize prostitution and someone pass me that pot! Dude, I am going to get so hammered tonight!"

..and a stupid assumption being made here is, the only way morals are held or acquired are through religion?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

You atheists have the potential to be incredibly moral. It would be a cakewalk for you to be more moral than someone attending church. And I'll pat you on the back the moment you do.

When I see an atheist try to pretend abortion isn't murder, I could just puke. Christopher Hitchens, an atheist, has the decency to admit that it's wrong. It is not impossible to be a moral atheist, but so often you guys hit newer and newer lows.

I've watched atheists ***** about: "Why won't churches pass out syringe needles in Africa" when these missionaries are already working their butts off to feed people there. They are complete, utter idiots.

I have run out of patience listening to you guys talk, pretending you know better, like you guys are somehow beacons of morality. The notion that sex before marriage has no consequence, that if you just slap a condom on everything will be fine, that you guys have the stupidity to call that "responsible" is a nauseating joke.

I'm sick of it. You atheists could be moral, could be on the right side of the issues and still maintain your atheism. But watching people like George Carlin say: "I don't see why we shouldn't legalize prostitution" is horrible.

Why do you guys fight to legalize stuff that you shouldn't be doing? And why focus your energies there? If you want to take a real moral stand, why don't I hear more of you saying you should stop spending so much on luxuries and give more to the poor, something Jesus was best at?