+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

No comments...just facts on YTB

I thought this was an interesting post on YTB. Not much commentary, but a lot of facts that make one wonder what is going to happen and what is going on.

http://notravelmlms.blogspot.com/200...e-of-pace.html

YG4life Guest

Re: No comments...just facts on YTB

When you click on the link and go to the blogs, this guy makes this statement:
    I will not make any commentary, just put out the "facts" since when I say anything at all, it tends to rile up the RTAs. No comments, I will let the numbers speak for themselves.

Chicago Traverus Travel Homebased business for you
    Traverus Chicago The Windy City!!!!!!
    Last edited by katiescorner; 11-27-2007 at 09:52 PM.

You know John you are a piece of work......

Here is what IATA says the marketplace is demanding......

"The International Air Transport Association (IATA) released its annual Corporate Air Travel Survey of over 10,000 active travellers, which shows that not only are passengers accepting high-tech travel options, but also they are demanding even more opportunities to take control of their travel experience.
    Sounds like to me that about 75% of the population of the world wants a product like YTB Traverus or World Ventures......I dont see many wanting to do business with folks like you. Either they dont need to pay the premiums you charge for work they can do themselves or they dont like the arrogance that you display or maybe just a little bit of both......Either way it makes for good job security for me........

One thing is for certain the CEO of IATA, Giovanni Bisignani , seems to have his finger on the pulse of the consumers.....

'The self-service revolution is underway. Itís a win: win situation. Consumers demand the empowerment of new technology and the efficiencies it creates are critical for an industry that needs to reduce costs', said Bisignani.
    BTW those that want to read the entire press release from IATA's poll can check it out here......

http://www.avionews.com/index.php?co...ante=index.php

Quote Originally Posted by YBITravel View Post
    You know John you are a piece of work......

Here is what IATA says the marketplace is demanding......

Sounds like to me that about 75% of the population of the world wants a product like YTB Traverus or World Ventures......I dont see many wanting to do business with folks like you. Either they dont need to pay the premiums you charge for work they can do themselves or they dont like the arrogance that you display or maybe just a little bit of both......Either way it makes for good job security for me........

One thing is for certain the CEO of IATA, Giovanni Bisignani , seems to have his finger on the pulse of the consumers.....

BTW those that want to read the entire press release from IATA's poll can check it out here......

http://www.avionews.com/index.php?co...ante=index.php

Wow talk about logical leap.... People want more control over their travel so that means their must be room for more small players in the travel industry.

How does the fact that more and more people are going to the web relate to the chances of a small company that most people have not heard of.....

People know expedia, they know orbitz, travelocity priceline etc etc. People don't know YTB.....

Expedia's travel sales went up 1.7 billion dollars last year.... YTB sold a total of 226 million. Your too late to the game... You can't keep up with the big dogs...

The market differentiation is that the big dogs have better technology... There is a reason YTB outsources to travelocity... Its economies of scale... YTB can't compete with travelocity so they outsource to them..... That trip you just purchased.... maybe it actually was sold by travelocity - but just re-packaged as YTBs.

How are you ever going to be a big dog if you sell your competitors products????

Don't be fooled, there are always surveys that go one way or the other...believe me, if this "travel revolution" is happening....then that just means EVERYBODY will go online....so you can leave the pipedream at home that they would all head for just YTB or any others for that matter.....

If this was to happen, let's look at who would be at the head of pack

Expedia
    Travelocity
    Orbitz
    Priceline
    Hotwire
    American Express
    AAA
    Zuji
    Oopdo
    Cheaptickets
    and I could go on

Here is the most absolute true statement of the year

All travel companies must embrace the consumer desire to shift among online and offline channels. As each channel varies in distribution costs, suppliers must execute unique strategies for each channel based on their yield/value.

PhoCusWright Inc.

It's really just going to boil down to costs for a certain demographic...and they will be just as likely to book ytb as expedia, travelocity, orbitz and the others I mentioned....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Wow talk about logical leap.... People want more control over their travel so that means their must be room for more small players in the travel industry.

How does the fact that more and more people are going to the web relate to the chances of a small company that most people have not heard of.....

People know expedia, they know orbitz, travelocity priceline etc etc. People don't know YTB.....

Expedia's travel sales went up 1.7 billion dollars last year.... YTB sold a total of 226 million. Your too late to the game... You can't keep up with the big dogs...

The market differentiation is that the big dogs have better technology... There is a reason YTB outsources to travelocity... Its economies of scale... YTB can't compete with travelocity so they outsource to them..... That trip you just purchased.... maybe it actually was sold by travelocity - but just re-packaged as YTBs.

How are you ever going to be a big dog if you sell your competitors products????
    Don't forget that 226 million wasn't even a real number, but guess

Added: "Sorensen said that the $226 million sales figure it offered to Travel Weekly describes the volume of revenue it generates for cruise, vacation and other travel suppliers, rather than YTB's own net revenue."
    Last edited by BNTG; 11-21-2007 at 12:15 AM.

Its really very simple ChrisN.......We have established that people want to be able to do business online.....Now all they have to do is make a business decision.....

They have two options:

1.) Do business with Travelocity, Expedia or Orbitz.....Get a confirmation number and be on their way

OR

2.) Become their own agent with all the tax advantages of a home based business and recieve a commission check along with a confirmation number......

Now since we have established that the whole reason they are flocking to internet travel is for convenience and value it would appear the logical choice of the two listed above would be to become an agent and get paid a commission when they recieve their confirmation number.

Wouldnt you agree that a confirmation number and a check is better than just a confirmation number?

Its really very simple ChrisN.......We have established that people want to be able to do business online.....Now all they have to do is make a business decision.....

They have two options:

1.) Do business with Travelocity, Expedia or Orbitz.....Get a confirmation number and be on their way

OR

2.) Become their own agent with all the tax advantages of a home based business and recieve a commission check along with a confirmation number......

Now since we have established that the whole reason they are flocking to internet travel is for convenience and value it would appear the logical choice of the two listed above would be to become an agent and get paid a commission when they recieve their confirmation number.

Wouldnt you agree that a confirmation number and a check is better than just a confirmation number?
    You know that seems to be the problem....that you ytbers don't get....KEEP touting the "tax" benefits like you do and what will happen is that congress will change the rules about being a home based business...believe you guys should really pipe down as you're NOT on the IRS' radar to start a complete audit of everyone's business practices...for instance

1. Is "everyone" booking under the same arc number? if so, good, if not bad because now you have violated quite a few state travel seller laws
    2. Is this a registered home business and is it following the established rules for conducting business at home per IRS regulations?
    3. Do you comply with all state laws in those areas where you do business?

I could go on but you get the drift....plus don't even get me started in the concept of dimminishing returns as you get more people but I'm sure you all believe this is just "made-up" fairytale stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BNTG View Post
    Don't forget that 226 million wasn't even a real number, but guess

Yeah Yeah Yeah.....How many Pinnacle Awards has your company earned big boy?

You know that seems to be the problem....that you ytbers don't get....KEEP touting the "tax" benefits like you do and what will happen is that congress will change the rules about being a home based business...believe you guys should really pipe down as you're NOT on the IRS' radar to start a complete audit of everyone's business practices...for instance

1. Is "everyone" booking under the same arc number? if so, good, if not bad because now you have violated quite a few state travel seller laws
    2. Is this a registered home business and is it following the established rules for conducting business at home per IRS regulations?
    3. Do you comply with all state laws in those areas where you do business?

I could go on but you get the drift....plus don't even get me started in the concept of dimminishing returns as you get more people but I'm sure you all believe this is just "made-up" fairytale stuff
    The only thing you know how to do is sling mud and try to scare people.....There are over 400 tax deduction for home based and small businesses.....The Fed values small business as it makes up a very substantial portion of this countries tax revenues.......

Deminishing returns....LOL You being an at home agent are obviously and expert on this subject......LMAO

Yeah Yeah Yeah.....How many Pinnacle Awards has your company earned big boy?

and that means what???? has no relationship to my statement

The only thing you know how to do is sling mud and try to scare people.....There are over 400 tax deduction for home based and small businesses.....The Fed values small business as it makes up a very substantial portion of this countries tax revenues.......

Deminishing returns....LOL You being an at home agent are obviously and expert on this subject......LMAO

Not mud, just facts...which we know you guys are afraid of .....face it, fact number:

1. You are in ONLY for the money, not for the love of the industry itself
    2. Your greatest revenue is website fees and recruitment fees, not travel
    3. This is just a way to gain the benefits of traveling at reduced rates and rebating commissions back to yourselves
    4. Your company actively touts the benefits of recruiting more than travel itself and serving clients....just point someone to your website

Doesn't say for much for a company when their number one goal is just to be the biggest company out there :shocked:

Sorry, I do government/corporate and leisure, what's your excuse other than being a website operator????

and that means what???? has no relationship to my statement
    Sure it does.....You doubt our sales numbers.......Post up your achievements......

BTW did you see that the CEO of YTB Travel, Kim Sorensen was deemed one of the 35 most influencial people in the travel industry this year by Travel Weekly......

this applies to YTB

the law of diminishing returns in economics, law stating that if one factor of production is increased while the others remain constant, the overall returns will relatively decrease after a certain point. Thus, for example, if more and more laborers are added to harvest a wheat field, at some point each additional laborer will add relatively less output than his predecessor did, simply because he has less and less of the fixed amount of land to work with.

The principle, first thought to apply only to agriculture, was later accepted as an economic law underlying all productive enterprise. The point at which the law begins to operate is difficult to ascertain, as it varies with improved production technique and other factors.

Anticipated by Anne Robert Jacques Turgot and implied by Thomas Malthus in his Essay on the Principle of Population (1798), the law first came under examination during the discussions in England on free trade and the corn laws. It is also called the law of decreasing returns and the law of variable proportions.

Sure it does.....You doubt our sales numbers.......Post up your achievements......

BTW did you see that the CEO of YTB Travel, Kim Sorensen was deemed one of the 35 most influencial people in the travel industry this year by Travel Weekly......

"I" don't doubt your sales numbers but obviously you didn't read all the articles, look for the one that says "YTB Defends Business Practices" where that basically said they "guessed" at that number based on a number of factors<<<

They said in the article that 91% (or something close to that number) of their revenues come from recruiting and website fees, NOT TRAVEL..................

If you all had to rely on the money made from commissions, you would already be out of business as your commission revenue from the 3rd quarter was something like $5.5 million....... Now IF that was among say 1,000 people, that would at least be something to work with but you guys say you have over 60,000 in YTB....that numbers looks like what the h*ll you guys been doing????