+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Platinum Land And Finance Sucks

Feel free to call Cathy Jett of the Free Lance Star (540)-374-5407 to tell her about your horror stories if you EVER did business with Platinum Land and Finance or Troy Ayers you CERTAINLY got screwed. If you enrolled in his equity share scam or WORSE... If you worked for him. Either way stand up for yourself like I did and get what you earned or dont let him take away from you what you have worked for. She is the one who blew the Metro Dream Homes scam open AND saw it till the end. I did ALL i could then and I will do so again

Re: Platinum Land And Finance Sucks

Yeah, I worked for them for quite some time (about 18 mos) and they are some seedy people. He had people buying lots down in lehigh Acres in Fla and he was paying the people a commission out of a hat. Yes out of a hat. Since only a realtor can be paid a comission he would pay us not a commission on the lot in Fla. but the commission on a lot we bought in Va. He is just a piece of trash. He would screw his own mom over. And the fact that he only pays you half of your commissions if you leave the company blows, but then again, if you leave you have to hunt down the 1/2 he owes you. I know of a guy who had to sue him and his lawyer got up in court and sd that the guy who found the deal wasnt entitled to anything cuz the lot didnt perk but it did 2 TIMES. He cut the price of the lot back 20,000 and told the owners who sold it that he couldnt pay the contract price cuz it didnt perk but it did and he sold BOTH LOTS. What a loser WORKERS BEWARE!!!!! Dont waste your years making this dude money when you know you will never see it. WORKERS BEWARE!!!!! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

yeah they suck. but what do you expect from a glorified USED CAR SALESMAN. Salesman can make money and still be ethical. My opinion is he would rather f*@k you over than do anything good for society. I am that person who took him to court. SOME of your details are correct, but I wont go into that, I just state my opinions due to his piece of SH*T lawyers. I am just waiting, when the market picks up I will be there. I dont need his money, I got my own. He is just a greedy B*@#h. What really sucks is you wont ever see him in public anywhere he does business. HE DOES NOT HAVE MANY FRIENDS IN THIS TOWN TO SAY THE LEAST. And the best part is he has all this money, but his kid lives in Fla. I dont know but if I didnt care who I screwed over, I would want to at least go be near my kids. Well best for them anyway, maybe they know a troy ayers I dont and he just wants to keep it that way. Probably best for the kid anyway. I wouldnt want to be associated with a piece of S@$t like him anyways. There are business men and people that wish they were... He is the latter. I was fortunate to get away from that loser and learn business from a real business man and he broke me of the seedy ways Troy taught me and I praise god for it. I am not troy Ayers, I would soon lose sleep for the things he does, he just care, look he is worth MILLIONS from a used car lot and he dont even have custody of his kid. Maybe sees him a couple times a year. But he's not losing sleep. Aggressive Mortgage is his new "business". The name says it all. He is the only person in this state with a call center to buy properties in this market...WHY you ask. I think, Well because, its the best time to F$@K someone OVER. I think That is what he is and will smile when you claim it to him.....BUT COULD NOT DENY IT. He would tell you it is to help people out in a bad market, SUCH a great guy WHO DOES NOTHING FOR HIS COMMUNITY. TROY EUGENE AYERS...Be gald your parents dont have to do business with you and everyone else, PRAY FOR THE ONES WHO DO HAVE TO.

UNCOVER THE TRUTH.... When searching for reliable information on and individual or company, it is important to consider the source of any and all negative commentary. The legitimacy of statements may be deemed unreliable due to the nature of the relationship of the source (i.e., disgruntled employees, etc.). Therefore, it is suggested that prior to a conclusive judgement of the individual or company being investigated, the integrity of the source(s) be researched as well. Therefore, I suggest that if the source(s) of the prior statements regarding the personal and professional integrity of Troy Ayers - Platinum Land & Finance are so confident of the truth of their statements, they should use their real names. Doing so would offer a valid resource to allow readers the opportunity to research the source of such hurtful and slanderous personal and professional allegations.

Troy Ayers is a GREAT man!

Wow!! The first time I came across this posting, I blew it off as the ridiculous rantings of disgruntled employees, and did not believe it was even worthy of a response. Anyone who truly knows Troy Ayers would regard this posting as completely opposite of who he is and what he stands for. Unfortunately, I now have first hand experience of an individual who does not know him, and who was influenced by this posting. As such, I am compelled to tell my version of the subjects brought up in this thread. I work very closely with Troy Ayers and Platinum Land and Finance, Inc., and have a completely different perspective on both Troy’s character as a person and the business principles by which he operates. He is an inspiring leader, a creative and very shrewd negotiator, and a brilliant business man. He has one of the most amazing minds of anyone I have ever had the privilege of working with, and is continually moving forward in a new business direction to stay ahead of the market. This is challenging for those who work with him, and only the best survive. Do I always agree with his business decisions….no. Does that matter….no. He is always willing to take the time to listen to my perspective, take what he likes from that, and move forward with what he believes is best for the company. Then, as professionals, we agree to disagree, and move forward to go make money. I have seen many employees come and go, and the ones who were most upset, were those who could only see from their perspective. If they did not fully benefit from a situation, then the situation was “unfair”. One of the accusations brought up was that employees were only paid half of their commissions when they left the company. Pardon my directness, but WHATT??? ARE YOU KIDDING??? I have never been with a company where I got paid a dime once I left. As a matter of fact, I have argued with Troy as to why we should pay people when they leave. But, his motto is, “I want to do the right thing in this situation. They worked on some of this project, therefore they should benefit in part from the capital the company receives when the deal closes, whether they are an employee or not”. If you don’t believe that isn’t more than generous, then you and I will have to agree to disagree, because I would never do that if I owned the business. By the way, I was involved in the court case brought up earlier, and the employee who brought the lawsuit had a lot to say, but lost because the contract he wrote expired, and a new one was written by a different salesman. The policy regarding this is that the new salesman would get paid. The person in question benefitted many times when he happened to be the new salesman who wrote the new contract when an old one had expired, and he received the commission. If he truly believed that the policy was flawed, I could understand that. But, he never asked to give back those commissions on the belief that it would be stealing from the previous salesman. This leads me to the conclusion that he is being selfish, and wants to benefit from both the expired contract and the newly created one. That does not work for me…Sorry. Next, I have to address the issue of him not helping the community. What a laugh. He has invested a lot of resources for many years each Christmas on behalf of Toys for Tots. He was an integral part of setting up a trust fund to benefit a young boy dying from cancer. He rents space out to a church in the community and paid for all of the improvements to allow that the benefit of top of the line audio visual equipment. He donated hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of property to a local church. How many other can say the same. Most people in the community are fully aware of the benevolence of Troy Ayers and Platinum Land & Finance, Inc. Finally, concerning Troy’s personal character, Troy is not only a business partner of mine, but a great friend. My definition of a friend is someone who you know is “with” you in good times and bad. Who will tell you the truth when you don’t want to hear it because he cares enough and knows that you will be a better person if you listen. He is the kind of man who stands on his word, and when he gives it, you know that he will keep it to his own hurt. I have watched him suffer in order to ensure that his employees got paid before he could pay his personal bills. DO NOT HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ACCUSE HIM OF BEING ANYTHING LESS THAN A GREAT MAN UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN WILLING TO TALK AS WELL AS LISTEN.

Platinum Land & Finance Deserves a Fair Shake

[UNCOVER THE TRUTH.... When searching for reliable information on and individual or company, it is important to consider the source of any and all negative commentary. The legitimacy of statements may be deemed unreliable due to the nature of the relationship of the source (i.e., disgruntled employees, etc.). Therefore, it is suggested that prior to a conclusive judgement of the individual or company being investigated, the integrity of the source(s) be researched as well. Therefore, I suggest that if the source(s) of the prior statements regarding the personal and professional integrity of Troy Ayers - Platinum Land & Finance are so confident of the truth of their statements, they should use their real names. Doing so would offer a valid resource to allow readers the opportunity to research the source of such hurtful and slanderous personal and professional allegations.[/quote]

Platinum land and finance (BLESSES OUR COMMUNITY)

What would you do if someone started writing lies and fabrications about your business and even worse your family?

You would probably do nothing and write it off as worthless babble.

Now what do you do when there are people who begin to believe the lies? Nothing, because now you realize that you can't defend yourself against such falsehoods. It is my word against the accuser. That is a helpless situation to find yourself in, and if you've ever been there it is horrible.

Troy can say nothing in this situation but his friends can and so I will! Troy has been very generous to me and my family. I have watched him take his whole company on a weekend vacation at his expense. I was in sales and I could not believe that an owner would pay commissions to the employee who left the company before the sale was final. I have been at those Toy for Tots parties and seen first hand the bundle of Christmas gifts that awaited needy children in our community.

I wounder if the accuser on this blog has helped his community?
    Last edited by bmjcem; 07-12-2008 at 01:24 PM.

There is one in every crowd!

:judges: I am not believing what I have just read. I have done business with this company in one way or another for over 15 years. It has ranged from buying exotic sportscars to short sales on homes. It is dissapointing to see someone post something so personally negative when it is an obvious untruth. My hat is off to Troy and Platinum for all you have done for me and I look forward to the next transaction.

Are You Questioning the Integrity of Troy Ayers or Platinum Land & Finance?

My name is Michael Davis; I live in Fredericksburg, VA. In the summer of 2000, I purchased land from Troy Ayers, President of Platinum Land and Finance. My experience with that purchase and Troy Ayers has been absolutely honest and honorable. From the beginning of my search for 'just the right lake front lot' with John Willett, Troy’s land sales representative, everyone at Platinum was honest and straightforward with me. There was no effort to rush or take advantage of me in any way - In fact, just the opposite! Troy advised me of the Lot Owners Association restrictions that might limit the size of home that I could build on the lot. Because of Troy’s reputation and positive influence in the lake community where I bought, I was able to receive a variance that will let me build closer to the lot line. My entire experience, from beginning to end, was positive. The land that I purchased has increased significantly in value now! In my opinion, you won’t find a better or more honest person and organization to do business with, than Troy Ayers at Platinum Land and Finance! Believe what you want from people afraid to use their real name, who obviously have a hidden agenda, but I prefer to trust my first hand knowledge and experience of a person and organization that I have found to be absolutely honest and honorable and dedicated to serving me, the customer!

I was really upset to read that someone could talk about this company like this. I have worked for this company for years and I know of the person that wrote those lies. Yes Lies, yes times are tough for any business and yes we would all like to be paid more than we are. No matter what job you have, because no matter what you are paid you always want more, its just natural. But like everyone has said in these blogs, where do you go that you are still paid after you left, Troy believed you did the work on a project and for whatever reason you left the company you should still be paid on it. I have seen people get paid 2 years after leaving this company.
    What is really upsetting is that because you had something you were not happy about that you would attack Troy`s family. Troy and this company is the most family oriented company I have ever worked for, your family always came first without being held against you. At one Christmas party you would not believe the toys that were collected for Toys for Tots, and to say that Troy and this company is not invested into this community. Also, this past Christmas we gathered and collected money and needed items for a family in need in Spotsylvania.
    You would not believe the people when I say that I work at Platinum, they will sit and talk what seems like forever asking how Troy is doing, what the company is up to now,and always a comical story to go with it and to say that he has no friends, that is BULL.
    And I know who you are and I can tell you , that this company has bent over backwards for you and for you to attack the company and Troy personally is apalling.

Re: Platinum Land And Finance

I have worked for PL&F for 3 years. I have personal knowledge that in the current depressed real estate market, both partners have made GREAT sacrafices to ensure that their employees are taken care of first. It has not been easy lately, but I have seen first hand that they both care about their employees. They are not perfect angels. I have seen and heard mistakes made, but its always easy to be a sideline quarterback when you don't have the playbook.

Just remember when you read all these posts, that there are 2 sides to every story and without hearing both sides, your judgment can not be accurate. The judge in the case mentioned above heard both sides, and judged in favor or PL&F. What does that say for the person that is attacking Troys character. Just the fact that he is attacking Troy in this way, says to me that he is not thinking clearly, and what he says can not be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by iknowaboutthis View Post
    yeah they suck..... he would rather f*@k you over than do anything good for society.... his piece of SH*T lawyers. ...He is just a greedy B*@#h....HE DOES NOT HAVE MANY FRIENDS IN THIS TOWN TO SAY THE LEAST....I dont know but if I didnt care who I screwed over... I wouldnt want to be associated with a piece of S@$t like him anyways.... and I praise god for it.... he dont even have custody of his kid.... its the best time to F$@K someone OVER.... PRAY FOR THE ONES WHO DO HAVE TO.
    Please tell me you are not slandering someone with tons of profanity and backbiting, with the same mouth that is saying "praise God", and "pray for". I know anger gets the best of us all, but come on... this a bit much!

What is in a Name?

My name is Anna Davis, and about six years ago I started working for a man and his company after being a so called "stay at home mom" for many years. This man interviewed me and offered me the job to organize the office of his fast growing business, even after I disclosed that I was afflicted with a serious medical condition. His response was to offer help any time I had a problem, and to start the job as soon as possible. I was so exited that I left without ever asking about my salary. This man patiently took a lot of his valuable time to teach me what I needed to know about his business and never made me feel inadequate for my lack of knowledge. I love learning and could not believe how much I enjoyed working for him and his company. He taught me about growing a business from the ground up with honor, decency and compassion, and most importantly, to always do the right thing. Over the years, I have seen this man lending a helping hand to his employees, friends, family and community by helping with down payments for homes, co-signing for car loans, and setting up a trust fund for a young boy terminally ill with cancer. I have personally seen the truck loads of toys that he and his company collected for "Toys for Tots" every Christmas. My family and I have been on a week long, all expense paid company vacation -- including all of his employees and their families -- to a Caribbean Island, because he wanted to share the company's success and thank all of the employees for their hard work. There have been other rewards from weekend trips and sporting events to just name a few. Of course there have been hurdles to deal with -- no one can always agree on everything -- but there was always room for discussion and an open ear for problems. After all, we are in business to make money, and sometimes we have to be professional enough to agree to disagree. We all know some decisions do not always work out the way we hope them to, but I do know is that this man has always tried to make the best decisions for his company and everyone involved.

This man's name is Troy E. Ayers and the company is Platinum Land & Finance. Generosity, kindness, compassion, business-savvy, leadership and professionalism are what Troy's name, and the name of his company, stand for.

As the wife of an life-long entrepreneur, I know that growing a large and successful company from a startup requires that many people must be hired, and some that don't meet the challenge must be fired. In the case of 'iknowaboutthis' and 'scammerslost2', the latter is true. So please, before you judge, think about how much credence you can give to someone who makes such personal and professional attacks on one's honor and good name without leaving theirs.

"Unfair and uncalled for"

There`s an old saying "Every adversity carries with it a seed of an equal or greater benefit for those that have a positive mental attitude". I have personally and professionally known all the principles of Platinum Land and Finance for 25 plus years.The integrity and honesty that they live and work by are, in my opinion very difficult to find in the society we live in,to say the least.I find it very sad that a confused or disgruntled former employee such as yourself, would belittle themselves and stoop to this level of slander.We`ve all had times when we wanted to believe and see things our way,only to find out after the paranoia smoke clears, that it was all just a misunderstanding of how a compensation plan was designed or a commission structure layed out .My advice to anyone that would personally attack someone of the high moral character of Mr Ayers is to open their hearts and let the demons out.If you`ve had or have adversity in your life,it won`t help to try and discredit someone else.It only draws negative attention to yourself.As far as Troys son,he has a lot of fun fishing off the back deck in Florida and theres no shortage of friends back here for Troy,when he visits.I forgive you for what you`ve done.It`s time for you to step up.

DS

Re: Troy Ayers is a good man!!

I have worked for Troy Ayers for about 7 months and in that time I have seen him, at his expense, go above and beyond to make a client happy. His motto is always " I want to make it right." He doesn't cut corners, and is always true to his word- both with his clients, and myself as an employee. I have dealt with the public for 45 years in consumer and mortgage lending and consider myself to be a good judge of character. Troy has impressed me with the way he does business. He has shown himself to be a honest, trustworthy man, and those who say otherwise should examine themselves before they cast stones at someone else. In the short time that I have had the priviledge of working for him- I have been overwhelmed by his generosity both towards me and my family. I feel appreciated by him, and I feel that he is thankful for the meticulous work I do for him, and he always takes the time to thank me for taking care of his customers. I am thankful that through the recommedation of a friend that I have come to know him and that I able to work for such a moral person.

Re: Platinum Land And Finance

I have known Troy Ayers for over 27 years as a co-worker, an employee, a competitor, a partner and a friend. I've known his operations and I know he has earned what he has earned thru honesty and hard work and will continue to do so in good times or bad. To read this blog makes me laugh, makes me angry and then makes me realize this is CLEARLY the case of a disgruntled employee, who offers no truth and in desperation attacks Troy's character. I do not know of a single investor or partner who has invested money with Troy or his affiliate companies that hasn't ended up in a win-win situation.
    If anyone is reading this and is considering doing business with Troy Ayers or his companies, simply put, YOU CAN TAKE HIS WORD TO THE BANK!!! I have been for over 27 years!