+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clearing House

Clearing House

I received a letter from Essex group Financial in Canada ( apparently a fake business) stating I have won a Clearing House lottery. It said i was randomly chosen by Fortune 500 companies to receive $70,000.00. It included with the letter a check for $2900.00 from a "Real" company in my local area to pay for the one time processing fee. It also included a number to contact him. I, of course, contacted him to see if it was a real winning and he replied, "Yes it is valid." Unfortunately, for him, I did my research and even contacted the local company the check was written under.....It's all a fraud!!! Anyone out there who receives this letter please beware!!! He claims to have a name of James Brooks....( which was an artist in the 1860's)..How ironic!!! This time he's just a con artist!!! I do believe the name changes and the phone numbers time to time.
    Last edited by derdman; 10-31-2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Clearing House Fortune 500 Scam

I received a letter from Essex group Financial in Canada ( apparently a fake business) stating I have won a Clearing House lottery. It said i was randomly chosen by Fortune 500 companies to receive $70,000.00. It included with the letter a check for $2900.00 from a "Real" company in my local area to pay for the one time processing fee. It also included a number to contact him. I, of course, contacted him to see if it was a real winning and he replied, "Yes it is valid." Unfortunately, for him, I did my research and even contacted the local company the check was written under.....It's all a fraud!!! Anyone out there who receives this letter please beware!!! He claims to have a name of James Brooks....( which was an artist in the 1860's)..How ironic!!! This time he's just a con artist!!! I do believe the name changes and the phone numbers time to time.