+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Asset Protector Group / Asset Security Program

Has anyone had any experience with this program?

A friend of mine got into some trouble with some bad investments and is in a lot of debt. He was considering bankruptcy but spoke with a gentleman who works with this program. It is very interesting.

Basically they say they can protect you from any civil lawsuit by using a superior lien. They also have you file some paperwork with your employer making it impossible for a collector to garnish your wages. (Except for child support and government obligations)

Once those two things are in place you are essentially un-collectable. This gives you power and leverage to settle any outstanding debt (over the course of 12-18 months)....for essentially pennies on the dollar.

Has anyone worked with this program or heard of it before?
    "Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

Re: Asset Protector Group / Asset Security Program

Its a scam.

Here is review of one of their work
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0142306.htm

Look for Back Bay Group. It is parent company of Asset Protector Group.

Their "Program" works this way. As soon as you pay advanced fee, they stop answering your calls.

It's interesting....some of the things Peggy complains about, my friend already told me about.

Getting calls is part of the program. He also talked about how to stop them, and how to use the calls against the creditors. The one reply "Ron" left for peggy is exactly the way my friend described the program

In any case....this will make for an interesting conversation.

Thanks!
    -John Wayne

You have been warned.

If your friend pays $3K in advanced fees, he has nobody to blame it for losing his money.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
    You have been warned.

If your friend pays $3K in advanced fees, he has nobody to blame it for losing his money.

I agree.
    But at the same time...one person complaining in 3 or 4 years isn't really that bad. It's all risk/reward and weighing your options.
    -John Wayne

How about another one

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0249664.htm

And if they are so successful. Ask them for reffereals from their clients.
    Last edited by borisf96; 10-28-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jreed View Post
    I agree.
    But at the same time...one person complaining in 3 or 4 years isn't really that bad. It's all risk/reward and weighing your options.
    There is no risk/rewards equation here. If they got your fee before doing their work, they scammed you. No legitimate company will start billing you before delivering the product.

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
    There is no risk/rewards equation here. If they got your fee before doing their work, they scammed you. No legitimate company will start billing you before delivering the product.
    What? Are you joking?

Contractors routinely ask for 50% before starting to work. I'm getting a new roof right now...that was their deal.
    Lawyers get retainers before working...sometimes very large.
    Any time you buy something online you pay first.....then they ship the product.
    I went to get my car looked at...they wanted me to pay the $75 up front before they would look at it.
    If you buy a stock with a brokerage.....they take their fee before purchasing your stock for you.
    Paying first isn't anything new...it is common place these days.

Besides...that lady never said she didn't get the product. Based on what I read she just didn't like the product. 75-80% of the lawyers work was already done for her...maybe more. She just wasn't happy with how the program was going. Which is a problem...that is for sure.

Perhaps you don't understand how the program works...let me give a brief overview of how I understand it. You pay, and then the lawyers work begins setting up the superior lien, etc. That takes a little time. 6-12 weeks roughly. Once that is done, it is mostly a waiting game and responding to different creditors as they call. The goal is to settle with each creditor...that part takes time and I would imagine is pretty frustrating. This appears to be where "peggy" had problems.

So in this case...she got about 75% of what she paid for by the time she complained. If memory serves she said she was about 8 months into the program? So almost everything was complete. That assumes everything was going as expected.

That may be the sales person not explaining things properly. It may be a simple lack of understanding on her part. It may be that she fell through the cracks in terms of customer service. Perhaps the company is a scam. But she never said she didn't get the product. She just didn't like the product.

Here is what I find odd...and why I am not too concerned with her complaint. I have concerns...just not her.

The way she describes the program....is almost exactly how the program was described to me...and that was through my friend. So the sales person talking to my friend is being pretty damn honest about this. He specifically said it will take 1-2 years. Creditors will call, it will be frustrating. Your credit will go down no matter what you do. Etc...etc...etc.

I just find that odd. I makes me think that this lady just didn't understand what this was all about. IMO...that is both the sales persons fault, and hers.

I am very curious to see how they respond to this. My buddy is going to have me in on the call. should be fun.
    -John Wayne

Yes, this is a scam. It involves Ron Boston a/k/a Ron Pierce, his son Ron Pierce and Rick Blair. They are from Back Bay Group Inc., now d/b/a Asset Protector Group. They were my sales organization for a couple of year until I fired them because they were selling customers and then providing the service while excluding my legitimate service and not paying the cost, in other words, excluding the publisher, John Gliha, Winning the Collection Game, from the sales.

They are being investigated by the Consumer Fraud Division of the Florida Attorney General's Office because of so many complaints they have received. These are my former sales people I fired in Jan 2007. They know nothing about this business, and the material on their website is plagiarized and perverted from my books, Winning the Collection Game and Blowing the Whistle on Credit Card Debt.

If any of them call you, ask to speak with me to verify. The only sales organization that can sell my work legally is Family First Debt Relief LLC.

j.gliha
    321-747-0264

I have heard of the Asset Security Program, but never any of these people. I have spoken with Thomas Mathews who says he is one of four people authorized to sell this program. They are apart of T.E.M. Group of Companies. Does anyone have any info about Thomas?

I don't know but verify that the company name they are using is registered as a real business in at least one state and ask who payment is made to, that tells a lot. But I know TEM is nothing, just a bunch of sales people who have no expertise in this field selling documents they copied from original work, and no support since they have no legal expertise or background. They also claim to have attorneys helping clients, ask to speak to the attorneys, just one. They will give you a bogus excuse as to why you cannot. Oh, and they also might still be connected with Phil Manger, a retired attorney who is just with them for sales commissions, he is not allowed to practice law.

The payment is made to ICPP-LLC;
    149 S Barrington Ave #400;
    Los Angeles, CA 90049, I am working on the other info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    The payment is made to ICPP-LLC;
    149 S Barrington Ave #400;
    Los Angeles, CA 90049, I am working on the other info.
    Sonny...Are you sure you are talking about the right thing??

I seem to recall a company selling a program with regards to Nevada LLC's for asset protection. When I started this posting it was with regards to a debt (credit card) elimination type of program. Are you sure you are talking about the same company?

John...first you say its a scam and then you say Ron has stolen/plagarized all your work.
    First, that does not make your program sound all that great. Second, why don't you sue them. Perhaps you already have. If they have truly stolen your work you should have some legal recourse.
    Third...can you provide a any info substantiating your claims that the Floride AG is investigating them? When I searched for info on them I found a couple minor issues and that was it. The BBB had a few minor issues that were taken care of.

My friend is in the middle of this program, so if you are correct I'd like something to give him so he can protect himself.
    -John Wayne

That is the name and address I made the cashiers check to. I am working with a Thomas Mathews (702) 448-3932, he is located in Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    That is the name and address I made the cashiers check to. I am working with a Thomas Mathews (702) 448-3932, he is located in Las Vegas.
    I was under the impression that they were in North Carolina.
    -John Wayne

Generally, this is a scam because it's just another example of sales people attempting to copy my work, they have no expertise and haven't spent 15 years developing the legal strategies.

They are selling unsupported and perverted versions of my work and cannot answer specific questions. And it appears from this forum that after the sale, they just don't answer the phone.

They claim to work with attorneys, but they do not. The former attorney that I originally trained for my program was Bob Lock. He didn't want to follow the program because he was scared of the court system. Then there is Phil Manger, a retired attorney who just earns commissions as a sales agent for this scam. They have no attorneys as they claim and what's more, attorneys are prohibited by law and by the rules governing the professional conduct of attorneys from working with non-attorneys in the manner they claim.

Just ask to speak with the so-called attorney and see what excuses you are given.

j.gliha
    321-747-0264