+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Is Happening To Our Birds

I saw this piece on TV about 4 Flamingos in a German Zoo that were killed in the dark of night. 3 were decapitated and a 4th strangled in a grizzly attack. We are losing a large number of species due to habitat destruction but this is putting salt on the wound.

Heres another piece about rare falcons in Cyprus...just makes me sick!

http://www.birdwatch.co.uk/website/i...=486&Itemid=32

no ads
    Last edited by peregrine; 10-23-2007 at 04:48 PM.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Re: What Is Happening To Our Birds

Birds? Phooeee!

We don't need them...they carry avian influenza

Quote Originally Posted by yarbsea View Post
    Birds? Phooeee!

I agree. From humming birds to penguins, they are all filthy creatures that are infested with parasites. That's why you have to cook them so long.

YUCK! you eat that crap!??

If most birds died, I think insects would take over eating all the flying pests...but it might get a little thick with insects...so i'm not sure what's worse...flying rats or spiderr everywhere...

aww i like birds. I used to own a cockatail and we were inseperable, it was very smart too. I even taught it how to potty and it learned how to get into its cage by itself

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    I agree. From humming birds to penguins, they are all filthy creatures that are infested with parasites. That's why you have to cook them so long.

all animals can be infested with parasites including the human animal.:aww:

Quote Originally Posted by yarbsea View Post
    Birds? Phooeee!

What do you carry? Pessimism...

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    What do you carry? Pessimism...
    Hahahahaha...:i agree:
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Hello, What "NUT" insinuated that bird carry BIRD FLU? They don't carry it, they ONLY get it if their living conditions are living in dirty chicken coop cages, and then they get vaccinated to DEATH, and the vaccines bring down their immune system, and then they DIE FROM THE BIRD FLU, millions upon millions come in contact with bird flu and their antiboodies fight it off, Just like people who come in contact with people who have TB, our defense systems fights it off. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, you sound just like an IDIOT.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Hello, What "NUT" insinuated that bird carry BIRD FLU? They don't carry it, they ONLY get it if their living conditions are living in dirty chicken coop cages, and then they get vaccinated to DEATH, and the vaccines bring down their immune system, and then they DIE FROM THE BIRD FLU, millions upon millions come in contact with bird flu and their antiboodies fight it off, Just like people who come in contact with people who have TB, our defense systems fights it off. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, you sound just like an IDIOT.
    I can see that immunology is not one of your strong suits. Tell me now, do you have any idea of how a vaccine works? and do tell me how they bring down the immune system cause if so then i've probly wasted a whole trimester of biology

Yosh, landlady's given me permission to get a cockatail. Now all i need to do is wait for the bloody shop to open. Argh this christmas is dragging on too long

i've never understood why science has stood by and watched the worlds animals become so infested with all kinds of diseases!?is science nothing more than a helpless puppet of politics and personal fame/foryune!?and on a more personal note,why science has not eradicated or mutated the worse and most annoying insect pests like the biting sand fly!!!!!!!!!!nothing ruins a beach walk more than this pest which is epidemic in many areas!?disgusts me to no end!?end of rant......thank you!?:grrr: :drunk: :clown: : hehe!!.....just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i've never understood why science has stood by and watched the worlds animals become so infested with all kinds of diseases!?is science nothing more than a helpless puppet of politics and personal fame/foryune!?and on a more personal note,why science has not eradicated or mutated the worse and most annoying insect pests like the biting sand fly!!!!!!!!!!nothing ruins a beach walk more than this pest which is epidemic in many areas!?disgusts me to no end!?end of rant......thank you!?:grrr: :drunk: :clown: : hehe!!.....just askn....
    lol, how do you propose science can go about getting rid of an entire genus? specially since we can't always use pestiside cause the dammed critters eventually evolve making them immune to it.

first, all animals evolve, sure they may be doing it at a faster rate than if humans weren't here, but they evolve and once that animal dies out 9 times out of 10 there will be the same animal (modified) to take its place. then some just shuffle about their merry way and have no problems. Look at the alligator the only thing that has changed on them is their size after Millions of years,Millions!!! same for the turtle the shark......Hell. why worry about the birds? Look around The human being will make themselves extinct before we have to worry about the lions and tigers and bears....
    ..:shocked: :cry:

Im happy to say that ive become the proud owner of a grey cockatiel. His name is shacko and although he is still getting used to his new surroundings, his personality makes it incredibly easy to handle him.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Photobucket

He's adorable...I have never seen a gray, just white. I know he will make a great companion...teach him to talk and he can post on scam. He would probably make more sense than most people on here. hehehe:sunglasses: