+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11

    Politics and religion dont mix

    Why does the Christian say on one hand love thy neighbor, then join the army to kill

    The thing I dont understand is that, we should have love for each other, right? Well why is it that Christians kill other Christians.

    During the Second World War, Roman Catholic Croats and Orthodox Serbs in the Balkans were at one anothers throats. Both groups claimed to follow Jesus, who taught his followers to love their neighbor. Yet, their conflict led to one of the most appalling civilian massacres known to history, as one researcher put it. The world was aghast at the death toll of more than 500,000 men, women, and children.

    Far from displaying Christian neutrality, religious leaders became actively involved in plebiscite politics. Predominately Catholic, Saar inhabitants took to heart what their bishops told them: As German Catholics, we are obligated to support the greatness, the prosperity, and the peace of our fatherland. And the Catholic trade unions warned: He who is unfaithful to his fatherland will not be faithful to his God.

    Most wars are fought among predominantly Christian countries

    Jesus Christ, when he stood before the Roman governor Pontius Pilate to disprove the false charge that he was a seditionist against Rome. After the governor asked Art thou the king of the Jews? . . . What hast thou done? Jesus answered My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now my kingdom is not from hence.John 18:33-36,

    Did Jesus leave us a model to follow?

    Jesus taught that true Christians can be identified by the love they have among themselves. He said: I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves. (John 13:34, 35)

    True, the Law to ancient Israel included a commandment to love your fellow as yourself. (Leviticus 19:18) But what was new about Jesus command was his expression, just as I have loved you. This gave greater power to Christian love, for a Christian must even be willing to lay down his life for fellow believers, just as Jesus did.

  2. #2
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    This is true everywhere except here in USA where we can have political leaders that are faithful christians and would never declare a holy war with other countries... oh wait...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    Quote Originally Posted by Ch0pPeR View Post
    Why does the Christian say on one hand love thy neighbor, then join the army to kill

    The thing I dont understand is that, we should have love for each other, right? Well why is it that Christians kill other Christians.

    During the Second World War, Roman Catholic Croats and Orthodox Serbs in the Balkans were at one anothers throats. Both groups claimed to follow Jesus, who taught his followers to love their neighbor. Yet, their conflict led to one of the most appalling civilian massacres known to history, as one researcher put it. The world was aghast at the death toll of more than 500,000 men, women, and children.

    Far from displaying Christian neutrality, religious leaders became actively involved in plebiscite politics. Predominately Catholic, Saar inhabitants took to heart what their bishops told them: As German Catholics, we are obligated to support the greatness, the prosperity, and the peace of our fatherland. And the Catholic trade unions warned: He who is unfaithful to his fatherland will not be faithful to his God.

    Most wars are fought among predominantly Christian countries

    Jesus Christ, when he stood before the Roman governor Pontius Pilate to disprove the false charge that he was a seditionist against Rome. After the governor asked Art thou the king of the Jews? . . . What hast thou done? Jesus answered My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now my kingdom is not from hence.John 18:33-36,

    Did Jesus leave us a model to follow?

    Jesus taught that true Christians can be identified by the love they have among themselves. He said: I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves. (John 13:34, 35)

    True, the Law to ancient Israel included a commandment to love your fellow as yourself. (Leviticus 19:18) But what was new about Jesus command was his expression, just as I have loved you. This gave greater power to Christian love, for a Christian must even be willing to lay down his life for fellow believers, just as Jesus did.
    whoa.....fellow believers!?he died for SINNERS!?::drunk:hehe!!....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    464

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    So you never read the front part of your bible where it's commanded that you can't stand by and watch your fellow's blood be shed, or put stumbling blocks in front of the blind, or curse the deaf, and that you have to look after the poor, the widows, and the orphans?

    The only new stuff in the Christian part of the bible was human sacrifice, vicarious atonement for sin, and praying to somebody not God. Oh yeah--and the hell thing for non-believers or practisers, or whatever you call people who don't believe the same things you do.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    ComplexKid, I don’t get your point?
    The scriptures put it as “striving after wind”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    it appears to me that nothing is off limits/tabu in politics anymore!?or should i say that it is starting to have a decidely fascist tone to it!?and by fascist i mean elimination of the weak,the poor,the abnormal,the unsociable,the nonconformists!?the whole buzzword enchalada now centers on that imaginary "middle class"!?the elite top with their serfdom known as the conforming and healthy/happy lower(i mean middle!?)class!?the perfect business/social climate for a small planet!?without birth/education control/standards/oversight!?this type of reaction to predicted chaos/degradation is inevitable!?my point being that only religious PRACTICE is capable of turning it away!?holding it back!?all forms of government are just a substitute for religious practice!?:cry::whip::hehe!!...just askn..
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    religions will always influence political decisions, those who believes otherwise is a fool

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,505

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    it appears to me that nothing is off limits/tabu in politics anymore!?or should i say that it is starting to have a decidely fascist tone to it!?and by fascist i mean elimination of the weak,the poor,the abnormal,the unsociable,the nonconformists!?the whole buzzword enchalada now centers on that imaginary "middle class"!?the elite top with their serfdom known as the conforming and healthy/happy lower(i mean middle!?)class!?the perfect business/social climate for a small planet!?without birth/education control/standards/oversight!?this type of reaction to predicted chaos/degradation is inevitable!?my point being that only religious PRACTICE is capable of turning it away!?holding it back!?all forms of government are just a substitute for religious practice!?:cry::whip::hehe!!...just askn..
    Lexx, your whole post was genius. Especially the cartoon arraingment.

    If you ever start your own cult I might become a devote. :

  9. #9
    Godeskian is offline I have taken all knowledge to be my province. User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    763

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    Quote Originally Posted by arch View Post
    religions will always influence political decisions, those who believes otherwise is a fool
    Yup. The best you can do is legally bar religion from affecting politics, and even that doesn't really help.
    Close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    841

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    Quote Originally Posted by Godeskian View Post
    Yup. The best you can do is legally bar religion from affecting politics, and even that doesn't really help.
    religion will always creep up in every crack but as countries become more diverse over time i predict that only the more secular politics will become(but most likely will never be 100% secular)

    then again i realize that the opposite is happening in america.....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,803

    Re: Politics and religion dont mix

    A true Christian would never amalgamate Church and State. The Vatican and the Church of England are two examples of what occurs once a religion has authority of the state.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

    Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

    Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Similar Threads

  1. This is why religion and politics do not mix
    By Administrator in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 07:29 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2014, 09:16 AM
  3. POLITICS RELIGION and MONEY who knew
    By lexx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 06:09 PM
  4. Dont Get Ripped Off - But Also Dont Give Up!
    By IncomeFrmHome in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
  5. So tired of religion mixing in politics
    By lisan23 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •