+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishtale.biz

Fishtale.biz

I ordered a Tomtom One XL GPS from Fishtale.biz on 10/08/2007 for $249.95. I have sent 3 emails and left 1 message on their answering machine requesting tracking information. I have heard nothing. They charged my credit card the day of the order.

BEWARE!:

Re: Fishtale.biz

Immidiately do a chargeback.

I just ordered from them too and same thing, no response whatsoever... I guess if it's too good to be true... so what happened to you? Did you ever get anything or any response? Were you able to get the charge taken off from the credit card company?

I ordered a garmin 660 on oct. 1 and my card was also charged that same day. i have called them, e-mailed them, and have received no response. I would not do business with them. They will not communicate with you at all, and in my opinion, this is a scam. i would also suggest that if you order from a suspicious site (like i did), use your credit card and not your debit card. I am going to try to get reimbursed from my credit card company, but can you imagine trying to get a bank to give you back your money?! Not a chance! This has been a frustrating situation that I don't want anyone else to go through.

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

I ordered a GPS from them on Oct 13, received a confirmation email...then emailed them 4 times requesting a tracking number, and NOTHING! Their phone number goes straight to voicemail. Also, their Authorize.net logo is fake because I looked them up on the Authorize website and they are NOT LISTED.

I found their site by doing a google search for GPS products. Boy am I SORRY! How can we inform more people because this site looks pretty legit.

yeah, I know... I wish I read this sooner. I bought a garmin nuvi 350 on 10/16, and did not see this posting until 10/19... 3 days too late and just enough time for them to charge my credit card so I couldn't even stop payment on it. I'm disputing the charge w/ the credit card company and I'll ask them if there's a process I an go through to get them to stop doing business with this vendor.

I placed an order on 10/4 from fishtale.biz, and my credit card was charged the same day. I have not received my order, and I have not received any response from them. It appears that this site is fake. WIll be opening a dispute with the credit card company today.

8. 10-22-2007, 03:04 PM

any updates from anyone?
    i filed a police report today, got a new credit card and will not be charged for the gps system.

and i also bought the Garmin Nuvi 350 that I had wanted from reputable amazon.com. With the $50 gift card I had, it only came out to $11 more dollars than Fishtale. so f off scammers
    Last edited by sfb; 10-22-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Filed a dispute with the credit card company yesterday. I sent an e-mail to bluehost.com, where the fishale.biz domain name is registered, and the site appears to be hosted from, but they pretty much blew me off.

Ugh. They got me, too. Filed a dispute with my credit card company to get the money back.

Anyone besides me concerned that these scammers have our names, addresses, phone #'s, and credit card info.? Should we be alerting Equifax & Co. that we're victims of a scam so they can attach a "fraud alert" to our credit reports?

Quote Originally Posted by dfelicia View Post

Anyone besides me concerned that these scammers have our names, addresses, phone #'s, and credit card info.? Should we be alerting Equifax & Co. that we're victims of a scam so they can attach a "fraud alert" to our credit reports?

You should cancel your credit card since it can be resold on black market.

I actually contacted Bluehost.com and sent a message of Fraud abuse....they emailed back saying they will investigate. Everyone else should do the same

Go to http://helpdesk.bluehost.com/kb/index.php?x=&mod_id=4

Then click near the bottom where it says "Terms of service/abuse complaints" and explain your story there.

I cant believe how much $$ these guys are getting away with.
    I wish people would just google "fishtale.biz" before they make their purchase and see all the complaint sites!!!

Ah, very interesting. I am reading my own story above. Well at least i am not the only one. The site looked legit and even the authorize.net thing went to a real page. Am I wrong about that?

Disputed the charge today, need to cancel that card and get another I am just on my way out of town and am worried about going out without any means of credit! Argh.

yesterday bought the one on Amazon for $90 more including overnight shipping -- it got here this afternoon.

If anyone gets strange charges please repost info. I too am worried about them selling our info.

Quote Originally Posted by theladybird View Post

If anyone gets strange charges please repost info. I too am worried about them selling our info.
    get a new credit card number, cancel the old ones and you won't have to worry about this!!

i haven't had any weird charges on the credit card, but I did get a bunch of emails from dating sites that I didn't sign up for. They have my email address and mailing address and name, so I guess it's easy enough to sign me up for those sites. I guess it's better than them using my credit card, but still annoying. As for the person who filed a police report... did anything come of it? I'm going to contact the BBB of Wiscousin, since they claim that's where they're located. They also used to "sell" billiards equipment, I think. Google it and you'll see their billiards site. F-ing Bastards. What really annoys me is that they're going to get away with it and never get caught.