+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The best insulation?

What is the best insulation for a well insulated dog house? Must we use STRAW? Is there something other than straw? I have the outdoor heaters but for extra insulation would I need straw? THe dog house is well insulated but need to know if you have any ideas. No, in my area, I can not use bales of straw on the outside of the dog house. If you know of something tell me, thank you!

Re: The best insulation?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    What is the best insulation for a well insulated dog house? Must we use STRAW? Is there something other than straw? I have the outdoor heaters but for extra insulation would I need straw? THe dog house is well insulated but need to know if you have any ideas. No, in my area, I can not use bales of straw on the outside of the dog house. If you know of something tell me, thank you!
    If the dog house is already "well insulated" there shouldn't be any need to try and improve upon it. If you're wondering what to use for "bedding" inside the dog house I'd recommend a very heavy, old blanket or sleeping bag that has been 'retired' AND making sure the entrance is sheltered from the wind.

Sounds very risky using outdoor heaters in the same area you may be planning on using straw.

How about just insulating the dog?

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Bricks provide a very good R factor. You could line the outside walls with bricks.

Then you coudl close off the roof completely and fill it with fiberglass insulation. You may also want to line it with vapor barrier. A cheeper insulation than fiberglass is cellulose (shredded newspapers) Once again you'll need vapor barriers..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    You could line the outside walls with bricks.
    I make my dog houses out of double-paned insulated glass.

Last edited by phlipper; 10-17-2007 at 01:56 AM.

for safe heating how about some of those pipe heaters made of insulated wiring or a heating pad!?but dont make it too warm!?my dog loves to sleep in the snow!?has a big thick hairy coat!?part chow!?:hehe!!....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

When you open the door to the insulated pooch hut, stand back. Dog gas can be deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    How about the pages of your bible as they are not much use for anything else.
    I am currently reading --- White Jazz - James Ellroy

Quote Originally Posted by Turnbull Ac View Post
    HAHAHAHA nice... :i agree:

Quote Originally Posted by Turnbull Ac View Post
    That was rude and uncalled for. The Bible is a holy and sacred book to many. It's fair game to debate its content but why not show a little respect for those who revere it as the Word of God?
    Last edited by phlipper; 10-20-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    That was rude and uncalled for. The Bible is a holy and sacred book to many. It's fair game to debate its content but why not show a little respect for those who revere it as the Word of God?

Galaxy posts such twaddle in the religious section I simply cannot respect his point of view.
    I am currently reading --- White Jazz - James Ellroy

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    Christians show little to no respect to those that don't share their beliefs, so why should we treat their beliefs with respect?

Hey wasn't there something about treating others the way.. something or something... talk to a catholic as an unbeliever and you would swear that goes treat others the way you dont want to be treated.....

Christians show little to no respect to those that don't share their beliefs, so why should we treat their beliefs with respect?
    I'm keen to hear what you mean by 'respect' Lord_jag. Is it that Christians won't hear others' opinions, or that they won't accept the others' opinion as right also?

Quote Originally Posted by a_saved_sinner View Post
    I'm keen to hear what you mean by 'respect' Lord_jag. Is it that Christians won't hear others' opinions, or that they won't accept the others' opinion as right also?
    WEll... They don't hear oppinions that are different and they certiantly won't accept the possibility that they don't know the answer... Or that someone else could think differently than them.

Debating with a christian is not an option. They believe they are right and thats that. The only debate is how many times they can repeat the same drivel until you believe the same as them

WEll... They don't hear oppinions that are different and they certiantly won't accept the possibility that they don't know the answer... Or that someone else could think differently than them.

Debating with a christian is not an option. They believe they are right and thats that. The only debate is how many times they can repeat the same drivel until you believe the same as them
    I like hearing different opinions to mine and definitely think that others think differently to me, however I may not think that they are right. Does that make me disrespectful? IS that what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by a_saved_sinner View Post
    I like hearing different opinions to mine and definitely think that others think differently to me, however I may not think that they are right. Does that make me disrespectful? IS that what you mean?
    Nope. But those qualities make you not a true christian soldier like so many on here.