+ Reply to Thread

Article of Faith

Article of Faith
    Last edited by Leeguana; 09-28-2007 at 11:17 PM.
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."

Godeskian is offline I have taken all knowledge to be my province. User Rank

Re: Article of Faith

If you actually expect people to click on an unknown link on a random messageboard then I think you're being hopelessly naive. Setting aside the possibility of bad taste links, the possibilities of picking up a piece of spam or malware from clicking on random links is immmense.
    Close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Godeskian
    If you actually expect people to click on an unknown link on a random messageboard then I think you're being hopelessly naive. Setting aside the possibility of bad taste links, the possibilities of picking up a piece of spam or malware from clicking on random links is immmense.
    um... no its not. unless you have some kind of cookie autorun system... If it starts asking to download or run programs, say no.

Besides - mouse over it and you can see what the link is. Oh Youtube eh? Thats pretty safe...

Very funny by the way. I like that guy. He sais what everyone thinks but is too afraid to say because of fundy persecution.

Godeskian is offline I have taken all knowledge to be my province. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    um... no its not. unless you have some kind of cookie autorun system... If it starts asking to download or run programs, say no.
    snort, if only it were that simple these days.

Oh Youtube eh? Thats pretty safe...
    And that about says it all doesn't it. The fact that you consider youtube to be a safe site. Well, if that's what you want to believe, be my guest.
    Close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Godeskian
    snort, if only it were that simple these days.

And that about says it all doesn't it. The fact that you consider youtube to be a safe site. Well, if that's what you want to believe, be my guest.

Well it appears to be about Bush. So I'll just put it in the political forum. :D

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Well it appears to be about Bush. So I'll just put it in the political forum. :D
    I would judge it to be more about religion IMO. But your the mod. so do as you see fit.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING?????????????the LEXX has seen the video!?an appropriate scientifically inquisitve/informative response will soon follow!?but my first impression is.....comedians(what's that!?)are just politicians with NO intention of accepting any responsibilty for their remarks!?they are promoters of truth disguised as jokes!?(how do they do that!?)the joke played on the hearers!?for they are the ones with wrong/misguided intentions!?and it is the realization of their predicament that is allowed by the NO PRESSURE of any expectation of responsibility on ANYONES PART that makes for the CATHARSIS of laughter!?(release of guilt feelings!?)while the joke itself is designed to SEEMINGLY put the responsiblity for truth on SOMEONE ELSES PARTicipation!?the MYSTERIOUS "WHO-WHAT" or the plainly stated/accused "THEM-THEY" or so-n'-so!?and on second thought,....maybe i'll skip the announced informative followup!?hehe!!....just askn...
    Last edited by lexx; 10-01-2007 at 06:26 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Godeskian View Post
    Sorry for not putting an explanation for what the link was to. I thought if I had written something like "this is a clip from Bill Maher", none of the religious folk would give it a click.;)
    "Science is evidence without proof. Creationism is proof without evidence."