+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

US Petroleum Holdings

I've been contacted by a broker who uses the name "Regency" that is trying to sell me stock of US Petroleum Holdings.

I can't find out much about US Petroleum Holdings but they have a website here:

www.uspetroleumholdings.com

The BBC mention them on this site here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ch/6624475.stm

But all that they're really saying is Do Your Own Research.

Has anyone heard of either Regency or US Petroleum Holdings?

Re: US Petroleum Holdings

100% sure it is a scam

If you check their website, it is basically empty page. Even "About US" is unaccessible. And please do not buy that "Not Authorized" crap. No phone contact too.

Their website are also got registered and gets technical support through some Bahamas company about a year ago. What legitimate US or UK company would do that?

If "regency" has thick accent, it is Nigerian 419 scam.
    Last edited by borisf96; 09-26-2007 at 02:35 PM.

I've done a little more research, it appears to be another boiler room scam.

The Motley Fool have picked up on them here:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp...&sort=username

And note that the FSA have warned about Regency:

Regency Equity Consulting:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...erseas.shtml#r

So basically Regency's (www.regencyag.com) promotion of US Petroleum Holdings (www.uspetroleumholdings.com) is a boiler room scam.

I was contacted by Regency Equity Consulting, Dubai last year.
    My research raised a number of issues which had a bad smell.

I have just been contacted by Klein Fisher, Geneva and surprise, surprise, they are offering US Petroleum Holdings. A pre IPO at about 3$. Same plausible "patter", well educated and extremely good communicator.

I notice that Regency EC have shut their web site or just renamed?

I would love to know the nature of this operation. Are they just selling shares in a company that is unlikely to ever make any money, but pays some salaries? or is it a total scam?

I have been an investor with regency for the last 4 years. I have been involved in two IPO's and now I'm involved with US Petroleum Holdings. They have shown me great returns in all my investments with them. I have had very good experiences with them.

Hi texas 402,

I don't understand how you could have been "an investor with regency for the last 4 years" as far as I can tell they only started to scam investors about 18 months ago?

But in any case, the FSA have confirmed that Regency are an illegal boiler room, you can find their name on this list here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re...erseas.shtml#r

Similarly, the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority have also warned people about dealing with these crooks, see:

http://www.fi.se/Templates/AlertList...4.aspx?query=R

If you search the internet using keywords like "Regency", "www.regencyag.com", US Petroleum Holdings, "www.uspetroleumholdings.com", "boiler room" and "scam" then a whole host of other sites also get listed where people report these people.

There's a lot of people out there reporting that they've been scammed, sorry it sounds like you're one of their victims.

JakNife

I've been digging deeper and there's another boiler room also promoting the shares of US Petroleum Holdings (www.uspetroleumholdings.com).

A check on Google:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=1...holdings&meta=

shows that the boiler room Guardian Worldwide (www.guardian-worldwide.com) is also promoting US Petroleum Holdings.

JakNife

This company is incorporated in Nevis. Nevis is a small Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles archipelago. Population of about 12,000. Actively promotes offshore investment and many relevant web sites highlight the fact that registered businesses lay outside US, UK and other regulatory control.

These circumstances alone should raise questions in the minds of any investors!

US Petroleum Holdings' bank appears to be Washington Mutual, US Highway 19, Holiday, Florida, USA. This is the bank that investing parties would eventually be depositing funds.

I am aware that Andrew Titley is a director and that Janet Carriger is Company Secretary. Janet Carriger might be of some interest. She also appears to have run "Budget Corporate Renewals" which offers corporate setups on a budget! Her website is interesting "www.budgetcorporaterenewals.com". There now appears to be some activity from someone claiming fraud has been committed. All in all, cause for some concern!

This stock has recently been offered, as an IPO, by Klein Fisher of Geneva. Their website has changed out of all recognition in the last few weeks. It previously provided a UK style telephone contact and an address in Geneva. The site was basic but demonstrated some possibility of being a financial services organisation. Now the same web address is a joke and no contacts available. Check it out - "kleinfisher.com". Klein Fisher now recorded on the FSA's blacklist.

Hi Texas 402
    Interested to know more about your trouble free and profitable dealings with Regency, particularly US Petroleum Holdings. Have you sold any shares to date?

Hi Counterpoint,

Could you confirm how you've got the details of Andrew Titley as a director and Janet Carriger as Company Secretary? Is this from an announcement somewhere?

FWIW US Petroleum Holdings, Corp (www.uspetroleumholdings.com) also get a mention in the Dorset Daily Echo:

UNSUSPECTING residents in Bournemouth are being targeted by "boiler room" scams - overseas operations using high-pressure phone selling techniques to persuade investors to purchase virtually worthless shares.

According to the Financial Services Authority, boiler rooms prey on older, male investors, particularly in London and the South East, with victims losing an average of 20,000.

The Daily Echo's John Nesbitt received three phone calls in three days from a company offering him shares with US Petroleum Holdings.

full story: http://www.thisisdorset.net/display....phone_scam.php

regards,

JakNife

Andrew Titley from here?

http://www.caribbean-trust.com/about_us.htm

I have also been contacted by Regency and they use an international number to contact you.

katiealan,

Are Regency still using this website: www.regencyag.com

or did they direct you to another one?

And is it still US Petroleum Holdings (www.uspetroleumholdings.com) that they're trying to sell?

JakNife

Hi JakNife
    Andrew Titley signed US PH documentation sent to me. The profile you found was interesting. Is it all true?

Cheers

Counterpoint

RE: US Petroleum Holdings

Hi JakNife,
    Sorry I forgot abot Janet Carriger, the Co Secretary. She was mentioned by the "salesman" at Regency EC in Dubai. I traced her in Las Vegas (via net search) whilst attempting to confirm existence of USPH in same city. Her involvement in her other "business" was what finally rang the alarm bells - see "budgetcorporaterenewals.com".
    Hope that's of use.
    Counterpoint