+ Reply to Thread

Looking for thoughts about Modern Woodmen of America

I am currently a loan officer and as everyone knows the mortgage industry is taking a hit at the moment. I am thinking of changing careers. Anyone have thoughts on Modern Woodmen of America.

Thank you kindly,

Chris

Re: Looking for thoughts about Modern Woodmen of A

I also was thinking about a career with Modern Woodmen of America, however it raises suspicion when I search the company on Google and when the auto find or whatever pops up and the work "scam" is attached to the company this doesn't exactly give me much of a good feeling about the job, I took an online survey that was asking me about how comfortable I felt with basically selling products to my friends and family. I love helping out loved ones but with insurance???
    I mean one small problem of any type with say an undisclosed fee or something else could turn into a major issue. The economy sucks so bad right now, and it would be difficult starting a new career based solely on commission. I have had several interviews this year that when applying they have
    "base salary" plus commission but once you begin to ask about the so called "base salary" the manager begins to get a little nervous.
    Plus any company that when looked up online with a search engine has the word "scam" attached in any way makes me very skeptical. -good luck Chris

Who it may concern,

I graduated from college two years ago with a degree in International Business. I was an eager ready to work post grad with a hard work ethic but was stuck, like many, in a bad economy with few jobs. When looking for jobs I was approached by many financial fims and Insurance companys. I was being sought after by New York Life untill a long good friend of mine said to check out Modern Woodmen of America. I like most, had never heard of them but thought I would go and see what they were about. I loved them and still do. They don't have the big corporate feel like NY Life and you really feel like you are part of a family that will be there for you. The community outreach and benevolent philosophy really distinguish it from the others. Their training program in my opinion is bar none one of the best. Some of your larger firms will hire a hoard of people and the the ones that don't stick to the wall are gone as fast as they came in.

I'm not going to lie! It does take a lot of WORK. But just like any other time you are starting up any new kind of business, you have to work work, work and get your name out there and what you offer. Being straight commission is not a bad thing at all. YOU get to decide what your worth, how much you make. So, it is for those people that have that DRIVE, that would make them successful at whatever they do.

I do still work for them and I can't say enough good things about them. I hope this helps those that read this and as a final note:

The fellow who wins is the one who can come right back after every blow – the man who can stand the punishment and come up smiling every time – the one who increases his determination as the resistance to his purpose increases and holds on to his invincible faith in himself and the ultimate success of his efforts.

The power of will and even temperament which are exercised under the most trying conditions often measure the difference between success and failure.

When you are fighting the battles of life and business, it is not alone the natural opposition you are struggling with – but SELF, the one individual you must be able to conquer and dictate to at all times.

It is sad that the word "scam" pops up in a search engine in association with Modern Woodmen of America. They are a fraternal financial organization, and as such are non-profit and a great benefit to society. They provide free programs for schools, boys and girls clubs, and community organizations. They have matching fund programs which help non-profit organizations raise funds. I have personally witnessed their donation of $2500 to a local school choir in my town. I have also witnessed their $2500 donation to a family struggling financially due to medical debt. I have witnessed an MWA representative present a check for $5000 to a domestic violence prevention program. They are a legitimate, trustworthy insurance and financial planning company whose outreach into the Treasure Valley of Idaho has had a significant impact.

Calling Modern Woodmen of America is a joke. Nothing about this company is a scam. It's an insurance company. I started working for Modern woodmen about six months ago, and I have been able to provide a great living for my family. Modern Woodmen has been around for more than 100 years. I'm pretty sure they would have been revealed by now. Compare some of Modern Woodmen's life insurance policies with those of New York Life, Prudential, Farm Bureau, and others. You'll be surprised at how much those companies charge for inferior products. Modern Woodmen is also a fraternal company. That means LOTS of free benefits for members. I have been part of several matching funds projects, where Modern Woodmen donated $2,500. Unfortunately, not everybody is meant to sell insurance. You have to put a lot of time into it, but the rewards are amazing. If you're considering working as an insurance agent, I higly encourage you to consider Modern Woodmen of America. I am so glad I did. As far as the base salary goes....it's completely legitimate. I'm on a $3000 per month base salary, but I almost always exceed that in commission. December wasn't a great month for me, as the holidays were closing in. However, Modern Woodmen did as they promised and added $700 to my monthly commission to bring my monthly income to $3000. This month is looking much better. In six months I have made a great amount of money, had plenty of time to spend with my family, and helped a lot of people along the way. I couldn't ask for a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by c.kyser View Post
    I am currently a loan officer and as everyone knows the mortgage industry is taking a hit at the moment. I am thinking of changing careers. Anyone have thoughts on Modern Woodmen of America.

Thank you kindly,

Chris
    Have you viewed www.aplanbforme.com
    This could be the opportunity you've been waitinf for!

LGG or Adavis2282,

how do you obtain leads and/or prospect when first starting out with MWA? And how does that play into their initial training?
    thanks much