+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any companies and more spcifically mlm have any studies on THEIR products?

To clear up the obvious, I originally started this thread in another board and am moving it over here to create discussion on this board...

I was just thinking recently and I was wondering:

I see many companies cite clinical studies but their own products have never been tested (most likely because it is not required by law). Do any of the products talked about on this forum have documented, scientific research to substantiate product claims?

If I have the choice between going with a company that provides me w/ clinical studies (aka proof) that their product lives up to it's claims vs. a company that makes an identical product but merely cites documented research on the ingredients incorporated into their product but not THEIR specific batch, I'm going to go with the company that has put the time, effort and money (which seems to be a huge issue with these "reputable" companies) into allowing me to rest assured that I'm getting what I'm paying for.

How else can you tell a product is working 100%? The point of doing such studies is -at least IMO and to mention it again- to have proof that your product does what you're telling the consumers it claims it does. Most supplement consumers could care less about clinical research because not only do they not know any better but no one would think there would be any need for it since one might assume that nutritional supplements are supposed to be derived from FOOD but as well know, even food is something that is becoming questionable with the the way crops are being farmed, harvested and treated w/ many different types of questionably safe chemicals and additional ingredients.

Thanks for all your responses and I hope for a good discussion!

Re: Any companies and more spcifically mlm have any studies on THEIR products?

Here comes the Bad News,

This is what Marketing in Capitalism have made to the world.
    This is "Free Market". And as more Free it becomes, more Free things will be made.

Marketing as a Science, is making dissasters on people's mind. In Free Market the only goal is Sell... and there are no limitations because it's free, which mean this is free from morality too.

here goes my two cents,
    Last edited by Daniel_Shop; 08-29-2007 at 02:05 AM.

I understand the concept that the ingredients have been proven and it is true what you're saying. Everyone knows "vitamin C is good for you", yes. That's a given, but if my body isn't utilizing it, how "good" can it be? It's another evident fact that not all vitamin C products, for example, are being utilized properly by the body for many reasons - mainly, all of which point to it being the manufacturing company's fault. Common sense (not to mention ethics) would lead us to assume that all products are created equal but if that were the case, there would be no need for 100 different companies making the same kind of product. As common sense AND realistic thinking correctly allow us to assume: not all products are created equal under any circumstances. What it seems to come down to is the way the product is marketed.

For those of you who are familiar with a nutrition company called Herbalife, an ex-employee of their's brought up the idea of doing clinical studies on their products and it ended up being that the Legal Department didn't think the idea to be so great. Why? The Legal Department of Herbalife didn't feel "the results would match up to their products". I found that to be one of the funniest "industry stories" I'd ever heard.

The fact is that unless a company has documented, scientific research to
    substantiate their product's claims, you're taking their word for it that their product does what it should. Most companies - if they have a research staff at all - it consists of two or three people. We all know the benefits of supplementing with vitamins, minerals, etc. but not all products out on the market do what they should or what the average consumer expects - end story.

Good point.

We have had our company's products checked and rechecked by the industries toughest critics and they all agree that when you buy our products you are getting the very best there is........

What do we sell you ask? We sell remedies for anxiety, depression and hypertension. We carry a long line of skin care products as well. All are garanteed to be the best money can buy......

How can I make such claims? Well its easy...We dont sell lotions or potions, diet cookies or vitamins you can buy at Walmart by the bottle instead of the case. Marked up 300% so that you can go out and take advantage of your friends asking them to buy something they dont want or need.....

We sell only the best name brand merchandise you can buy.....From companies like Marriott Hyatt Regency, and Sandals. Delta, American, United and car rental companies like Enterprise, Hertz, and Avis. Cruises with Carnaval, Norweigen, and Disney just to name a few.....

The great thing is we dont have to carry a case of cruises around in the trunk of our cars to peddle off on our unsuspecting friends. We simply ask them when they book their next trip or make travel arrangements for business that they look at our website and compare what we have against the other guys. Forrester Research says that if a person can get the same flight in the same seat going to the same beach sleeping in the same bed for a comparable price that nearly 100% time they will book those items with someone they know! That person could be YOU!

The name of the company? Your Travel Biz! Check it out and take a look at our concept and see if the business makes sense to you!

Please stop trolling.

You want truth...here ya go.

Before our company was was even formed...Dr. Keller designed a formula for his patients. Not to save their lives (he works with HIV patients as well as other auto-immune disorders) but to give them a better quality of life.

His concern when formulating his product was not so they had enough energy to go to work...but for them to have enough energy to have fun AFTER they work.

The product received a composition patient.

Until just recently, he and the product were discovered by a man with a great deal of integrity, brought the product to market, and now, 7 months later, we have sold close to $8 million in product.

Check out my profile...you will find my website here.

Be Well!!

Matthew Adams

I'm not sure how specific you want me to be on this. My company markets a functional health drink consisting of a natural fruit. Since we are the first to market this fruit and have only been in business for 4 years, there are no studies done on our PRODUCT, but our product consists of a puree of the whole fruit. This fruit has an abundance of chemical compounds that are rarely found in one source, and both the fruit (to some extent) and these compounds (to a great extent) have been studied for over 30 years in laboraries, primarily in Asia and Europe. This fruit also has centuries of folklore usage behind it.

We have numerous clinical studies and double-blind studies in progress, but none have been completed yet, to my knowledge. If you go to pubmed.com and enter the name of the chemical compound you get 1,439 studies; if you enter the name of the fruit you get 35 studies.

Therefore, It seems to me that there is lab evidence of efficacy, along with centuries of folklore evidence. In many parts of the world these are sufficient as sound evidence. In the U.S., it will probably take the completion of the double-blinds to achieve that. I hope this is pertinent to the discussion you want to have.

Get your FREE report at http://dal.the7greatliesofnetworkmarketing.com/

Yes. I would never buy a product with out a study being published on the product. What a lot of companies do is sell a product make money off it than try to fund a study with the profits. It should be the other way around which is the Dr.'s and my opinion.

Here is what our product does.

The World's Most Powerful Antioxidant is not in a Berry, a Fruit or a Drink. It's in Your Body!

Did you know glutathione is the most powerful, prevalent antioxidant in your body? Increasing your glutathione level will naturally slow down the aging process, detoxify and improve liver function, strengthen the immune system, and reduce the chances of developing cancer. Glutathione also works to help improve mental functions, increase energy, improve concentration, permit increased exercise, and improve heart and lung function — just to name a few.

Supplements Containing Glutathione Alone Will NOT Increase The Body’s GSH Levels.

It is pointless to purchase supplements that merely contain glutathione, because the digestive system breaks down ingested glutathione and it will not be absorbed into your system. On the other hand, MaxGXL™ provides the proper nutrients needed to promote the body's own ability to manufacture and absorb glutathione. MaxGXL™ also aids in liver support by destroying environmental poisons helping the liver to function as the main production site and storehouse for glutathione.

Our product's Patented Formula Dramatically Increases Intracellular GSH.

Our product provides the proper nutrients needed to promote the body's own ability to manufacture and absorb glutathione. Our product also aids in liver support, thus helping the liver to function as the main production site and storehouse for glutathione.

The graph below shows the increase in glutathione levels experienced by 4 groups of people. Group 1 was tested after 6 months of use, while Groups 2, 3 and 4 were tested after only 3 months of the MaxGXL™ regimen.

The data indicate MaxGXL‘s™ effectiveness in those who are stressed, aging, lacking sleep, or with any prolonged illness. In these situations, MaxGXL™ stimulates the body's production of glutathione to compensate for the body's accelerated use of it, strengthening your natural defenses, decreasing your risk of illness, and guarding against the effects of the body's aging process.

Increasing Age and Other Factors Reduce the Body’s Production and Utilization of GSH. Research has shown that individuals who have low levels of glutathione are susceptible to chronic illness. Research shows that GSH levels decline by 8% to 12% per decade, beginning at the age of 20. Levels of glutathione are further reduced by continual stress upon the immune system, such as illness, infection, and environmental toxins. As we now know, a lowered immune system can bring about illness and disease. This is a ferocious cycle. While you need glutathione for a productive immune system, a weakened immune system hampers the production of glutathione.

The science IS behind it.

Matthew

Hey DJ!!

this thread flooded of Robots!! :eek:
    we have been invaded!

LOL

This is why I prefer MLM services rather than products
    Tired of buying lame ebooks and reading vague tips on forums? Do you want a no-bs method of making serious money online? I earn my share with MyWorldPlus and forum signatures. Simple as that.

Glutathione is the centerpiece of all antioxidant defense systems within the body. It is the front-line of cellular defense against toxins, infection, UV exposure, generation of free radicals and cancer-forming compounds. It also serves to regenerate other critical antioxidants like vitamins C and E. Throughout this web site Ive championed the benefits of maintaining glutathione levels for building muscle and ensuring you obtain the greatest results possible from exercise training.

Two of the worlds foremost authorities on glutathione, Drs. Guvasto Bounous and Chadan Sen, have both documented that glutathione is useless to take in supplement form simply because it cannot be transported into our cells. Unfortunately, youve been mislead by your health care professional. Let me provide you with the facts regarding effective methods that increase glutathione production within the body.

In mammals, the glutathione molecule (a tri-peptide) is not effectively transported into cells. It is mostly degraded outside the cell (Meister, 1991). Based on this data, several world reknown experts in glutathione research have recommended that supplementation with glutathione itself, is not an effective way to enhance glutathione concentrations within the body. However, if you supply your body with the correct material, it can make tons of this precious stuff for you.

Acetylated cysteine appears to be the key, rate limiting amino acid in glutathione modulation. This form of cysteine is much more bioactive and is incorporated swiftly into cells by the sodium-dependant ASC neutral amino acid transport system (Ishii 1987) to increase glutathione production. NAC (N-acetyl-cysteine) is an acetylated form of the amino acid cysteine. The acetyl attachment makes this particular amino acid very bioactive; it can be incorporated into a number of biochemical pathways within the body. For example, one key advantage of NAC is its ability to enhance glutathione production. So make sure your product has NAC in it to be a good product. Also make sure the product you are promoting has published studies on the product you are explaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle027
    This is why I prefer MLM services rather than products
    i second that

The mandatory antioxidants, which I think all health aware people should be consuming every day, are vitamins C, E and the carotenes (like beta carotene and lycopene - tomatoes are full of this red stuff) flavonoids etc.

Compounds such as green tea catechins, as well as selenium, all appear to possess antioxidant properties that will enhance your health. There is no one way to go about increasing your antioxidant levels in your body.

There is a very disturbing trend emerging in the health supplement industry that is termed "marketing with bull**** science". Supplement marketers (and that's what they are - marketers) are now aware that consumers are actually looking for products backed by science. They're trying to make you believe that's exactly what they have got. They basically lie and say they have studied their products extensively, but they don't say exactly at what universities, with what researchers or what peer-reviewed publication their research is in. Why do they do this? Because they think you are stupid enough to believe anything if it looks a tiny bit "scientific". And yes, in many countries this very much against the law.
    You must understand that legitimate scientific research on health supplements is a very difficult, time consuming procedure. It takes an unbelievable amount of hours and effort and the quantity of red tape involved with obtaining approval for research with human subjects is just incredible. Most supplement companies realize this effort so they figure it's far easier (and cheaper) to bull**** you into believing they possess legitimate evidence. However, there is one thing they can't lie about and that is citing scientific references!

The whole idea of citing published research (putting a little number up next to a sentence, like this5) is to enable you, the reader, the chance to examine the science for yourself. The journals are available at most university libraries. However unscrupulous supplement companies bank on you not doing this.

When a supplement company cites a reference as "unpublished research" or "in house" or not even published/clinical how the hell can you check it out yourself? You can't. The joke of it is that "unpublished research" can mean anything. My little niece can write a story in kindergarten with a crayon and that is "unpublished research". You can write something on a piece of toilet paper and call it "unpublished research". In the scientific community you know what "unpublished research" really means? It means this information is so piss-weak, biased, full-of-**** or riddled with so many errors (take your pick, or all of the above) that it is not fit to be published anywhere in any peer-reviewed scientific journal!

So when a supplement company puts up an ad and quotes information from "unpublished research" or "in house" they are basically announcing to you that whatever this info is, it's so wortless they can't get it published anywhere! But even this is giving them too much credit. Chances are there is not a shred of support for the spin they are generating. Surprise, surprise.

Another term for "unpublished research" many supplement marketers use is "in house studies". This term is even more pathetic. It means, we are stupid and lazy because we can't even make it sound scientific!

When you read these "ad-reports" you have to be so careful. Advertisements using scientific information are supposed to provide full references. It gives you, the reader, the opportunity to check it out for yourself! It's even worse when the false reference is listed hidden among legitimate journal references, which has occurred in this instance. They think you are so stupid you won't even bother to read the small print! Hopefully by you bringing this to their attention, these supplement companies will realize they can't pull this swindle any longer. Any "ad-article" you read, check out the list of references (if they even bother to quote them correctly) and see how many "unpublished studies" and "in house studies" there are. It's a good laugh, but it is also a very sad part of this industry. I for one will not support any company that falls in this category.

That is the great thing about Dr. Keller's formula...it has published works. Also, Dr. Keller was using this formula WAY before they decided to market it. Dr. Keller's background is so intensive...I can't even list it here (too long).

As far as the Glutathione is concerned...that was Dr. Keller's whole point...Glutathione cannot be just taken in pill (or powder) form....the body will not absorb it.

MaxGXL is a glutathione accelerator. It supplies the body with the necessary materials to MAKE glutathione...as well as help the body recycle the spent glutathione.

I have SEEN with my own two eyes what increasing your glutathione can do

Here are some examples:

Matthew Adams (46): Ever since I increased my Glutathione I don't walk around in a brain fog anymore. Before...I thought I was doing okay, just a little tired and worn out...heck I'm 46, I thought that was normal. Now I have crystal clear thinking, my mood is 100% better, not as snappy and I am getting much better sleep. Plus, I used to go to bed tired and in pain and wake up tired and in pain. Quality of life is MUCH better now.

Michelle (37): Everyday I hurt...everywhere. After increasing my Glutathione...I still have some pain, but the quality of my life is much better. I don't hurt nearly as much and I am feeling better everyday. I am going through some detox...but as soon as this detox is finished I will feel much better. As a matter of fact...I play volleyball. It is fun. Do I hurt? A little...but I have FUN.

Steven (16): For a long time I was very depressed and very angry. Not sure I really knew why. Just was. Never told anyone, I did not want people to think I was broken somehow. The doctor said I was bi-polar. (My folks said he (the doctor) was out of his mind). Well, I'm not sure what I was...but now my attitude is MUCH better. I am no-longer depressed & angry (sure...I have my moods...I'm a teenager for crying out loud) but over all...I feel happy. Still driving my Mom & Dad nuts...it's my job.

P.S. Now that I'm not as moody...I may get my drivers permit...whooohoo!

(This part was really amazing to Michelle and myself...one minute he can be in a REAL NASTY mood...(because he forgot to take his Max) within one hour after taking it...he is his happy self.

Michael (15): I like to play baseball and ride my skateboard. Problem is...I have allergies and asthma. I also homeschool with my brother & sister. For my allergies I was taking Clariton. Half way through the day...I was asleep. This happened everyday. I also had to carry an inhaler (major embarrassment). Well, now my allergies only get me a little when it's REALLY bad outside, I don't carry my inhaler anymore and I am playing Baseball just like everyone else. Best part...I am not tired anymore because of those stupid pills.

Victoria (13): I was having a hard time staying focused on my school work. I have (had) a learning disability. I am supposed to be in 7th grade (right now I am a little above 4th grade). I had a lot of problems reading. My parents got me hooked on phonics...that really helped me. But the biggest thing...I feel better and I am staying focused. Hey, I'm still a kid and I still daydream and think about horses. (lol).

Another Example:

Kenny Wagner's Before and After

P.S. If you like what you see...contact ME not Kenny (I will introduce you to him)

-----===(;))===-----

This is what increasing the Glutathione levels in my family has done for us.

If you want to hear more great stuff my family has gone through because of this...give me a call (706) 592-0952 and I will tell you more.

May God Richly Bless You!

Matthew