+ Reply to Thread

Not sure if this is the right forum.. but is this site real?

OK, I found this site by trying to research a "network sales" thing that someone is trying to convince my 18YO son to do.... I found the info very helpful (he is currently reading the posts), but got concerned when I found an ad stating "these are the only two" that are really worth it -- "49.99"... or something similar.... yes, I understand that free forums need to pay for themselves some how, but it just made me wonder.... I am just kinda freaked right now... paranoia must be setting in... He is sooo excited, and I love him, but don't want to see him get scr*wed over... so how does one tell the real, from the "real"?

Re: Not sure if this is the right forum.. but is this site real?

Research, research and more research. Luckily this is the age of technology and it's almost impossible to hide complaints with so many outlets. Google the company and it'll will probably be more than scam.com that comes up.

Also, of course there's the old saying...if it's too good to be true then it probably is. He's 18, if it is a scam, let him find out the old fashioned way if reading red flags still doesn't disuade him. If he's only going to lose $50.00 or so bucks, it's pretty cheap for a lifelong lesson.

Oh year and overlook these ads. It's pretty creepy that a site designed to dissuade people from scams has sooooo many ads that are scams. Most of us around here debate in the forums on non scam related stuff so we just ignore it.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: Not sure if this is the right forum.. but is this site real?

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    Research, research and more research. Luckily this is the age of technology and it's almost impossible to hide complaints with so many outlets. Google the company and it'll will probably be more than scam.com that comes up.

Also, of course there's the old saying...if it's too good to be true then it probably is. He's 18, if it is a scam, let him find out the old fashioned way if reading red flags still doesn't disuade him. If he's only going to lose $50.00 or so bucks, it's pretty cheap for a lifelong lesson.

Oh year and overlook these ads. It's pretty creepy that a site designed to dissuade people from scams has sooooo many ads that are scams. Most of us around here debate in the forums on non scam related stuff so we just ignore it.

yeas, I have wondered about these advertisements on here as well... Does make one wonder... A test of intent? L.O.L.!!! :rolleyes: