+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rocky2peaches

Rocky2peaches

ESURANCE IS A SCAM

My husband recently canceled an auto insurance because it was too high for three vehicles. We saw and advertisement on television that promoted "Esurance". We got online and found the website. All sounded good from what quotes they were offering. Therefore, we signed up for Esurance. We also talked to the company representative. During the whole conversation, not once did they say " You need to read the policy". My husband let them take the downpayment out of his checking account. It was $285.00 worth of hard earned money. We thought everything was legit until we found out about the reviews from others about "Esurance". After reading all the information online, we didn't trust the company anymore. We canceled after 5 days. Esurance said that we would get our downpayment back, but it would be less 10% of "unearned premium" plus a fee for daily insurance. The way they figured it would be $172.55 out of the $285.00 we paid. Esurance stated that "we never read the policy" and that they could do that for South Carolina. This was wrong. We had to bite the dust in this one. Moral of story: Read the policy before even filling out any information and don't ever trust a business without seeing them face to face not online or television.

Re: Rocky2peaches

Nothing personal rocky but you need to do your research BEFORE you buy something, not afterwards. That you didn't doesn't make the company a scam.

You left out a considerable amount of detail but I would guess that you agreed to a 6 month contract and paid only the 1st month's premium. Your contract called for a cancellation penalty of 10% of the unearned premium which would be 10% of the cost of the entire 6 month policy minus the days you've already used which is the equivalent of about 60% of your first month's premium.

Do the math and the $172.55 they charged you is right in line with what the contract you agreed to says.

So I don't see the scam here, just a foolish consumer who didn't bother with the details of what they were getting into.

Rocky: Truth Be Told is more than likely an Esurance company hack. When I worked at Esurance the management would patrol the internet and respond to complaints from various sites. See how ruthless the Esurance management is? The Esurance penalty fees are pathetic scams, and the re-ratings are nothing short of unethical. You and your spouse didn't do anything wrong other than do business with Esurance. I worked for this company long enough to know how they have found legal ways of ripping people off.

Illuminatus: First off I work for the company and I know you were unhappy with it. Fine and dandy. I have been with the company for 5 years and I have to tell you that it is not unethical to rerate a customer on correct information. Customer provides correct information, no problem. Do billing errors happen, yes. Do customers make errors, yes. Do agents and customer service reps make errors, yes. There are several things about the company that I don't agree with and I have voiced it to them. I will never get promoted, but when customers don't read the terms and conditons to the policy and just accept them, then it is their fault. No matter what the customer says "I didn't see that", "No where was it listed", "No one told me". Yes they did, it was all there in black and white, and they didn't want to take the time to read it. You want to totally bash the company for what ever they did or didn't do to you and take them out. Good luck. Company has over 500k active policies right now. Esurance is not the only company that gets trashed by customers that had problems. There is an web page called Allstate Insurance sucks. Where they bash Allstate for the same things here so, you see Esurance is not the only insurance company that gets bashed. What customers don't understand is that insurance is a highly regulated industry, watched by each state they insure in. Everything that a company does gets watched and if a customer has an issue, they need to file it with Department of Insurance in their state, and the BBB. If you want to hurt a company you do it there. Not on these blog web sites.
    Last edited by photocatof5; 08-21-2008 at 06:05 AM.

"... it is not unethical to rerate a customer on correct information."

Response: That would depend if the information is correct that Esurance is using. Which in many cases didn't hold true. Some employees always assumed the home office always told the truth. Until you spend day after day taking complaint calls that stink of scam.

"There are several things about the company that I don't agree with and I have voiced it to them. I will never get promoted, but when customers don't read the terms and conditons to the policy and just accept them, then it is their fault. No matter what the customer says "I didn't see that", "No where was it listed", "No one told me". Yes they did, it was all there in black and white, and they didn't want to take the time to read it."

Response: I once talked to a site programer from Frisco that was visiting the Sioux Falls office. I explained to him that many people were calling in and complaining that the site isn't easy to navigate for the less computer savvy users, and that the small print wasn't as easy to find as customer service people assume when talking with customers. The programer said that main office likes to keep it that way. Wouldn't want customers to get to savvy about insurance.

"What customers don't understand is that insurance is a highly regulated industry, watched by each state they insure in. Everything that a company does gets watched and if a customer has an issue, they need to file it with Department of Insurance in their state, and the BBB."

Response: What customers truely don't understand is that it's very difficult to prove insurance fraud for online insurance purchase. Example: If I claim that I sent you emails, prove that I'm not telling the truth. You didn't respond to my emails, thus your rate goes up and the company system debits a lot more money from your account. Too bad. lol
    And the BBB?! Are you kidding? That's an organization created by and funded by corporate industry. Who are you kidding.

" Not on these blog web sites."

Response: The truth hurts the Esurance employees, that's why they troll the internet.

Illuminatus, I guess you haven't been on the web site to see what the terms and condtions look like since you "left" the company. 12 font print, like most things. You seem to think that customers that we deal with don't lie about not getting emails. Sure a lot will say anything to get out of it. All calls are recorded, a sale from a rep over the phone is recorded and the basic terms and condtions are adivsed as well as informing the customer to read them again. I also hear how the site is also so user friendly for people that are not internet intelligent. You can go to the web site do a fake quote. It is all there in black in white, what is needed to buy a policy, and when a customer purchase a policy with out assistance, there is a nice notice in print telling them what is still needed, where to fax it to, also a nice fax cover sheet to use. You know about that info that a customer nay need to send, POI, or Carco inspections, or proof of milage driven in a year. So unless you have been back to the site, returned back to Esurance, You don't have any idea what goes on here. Come on back to work with us. I would love for you to sit with me all day taking calls after calls. It might help you get your head out of your butt.

"Illuminatus, I guess you haven't been on the web site to see what the terms and condtions look like since you "left" the company."

Response: I've seen the Esurance scam website, and nothing much has changed. Same intentional clutter - and same amount of important information that isn't up front. Like the long list of fees customers pay as punishment. They have fines and fees for everything folks. Now that's something Esurance didn't put into print even when I was there, becasue it was a full page long, and not good for business.

"You seem to think that customers that we deal with don't lie about not getting emails."

Response: This is an excellent example of 'blame the customer' attitude that makes the Esurance call center so sick. Even the call center managers use to confess that not all operating systems work well with the Esurance mainframe. But do the customer service reps (sic) care? Just get a load of photocat's attitude, and you'll get a good idea of what a conversation with an Esurance hustler is like. Don't buy from these jerks!

"Come on back to work with us. I would love for you to sit with me all day taking calls after calls. It might help you get your head out of your butt."

Response: This is also photocat's line for previous customers, so hold on to your butts. No thanks photocat, I have a real job now with an honest company. Good luck with that con the customer thing.