+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

So. If god exists then, what religion was he?

As it says on the tin?

If God created man, and therefore, all religions, what religion was God?

Was he a 'Christian' (of whatever strand of Christianity you care to mention)

Jewish (ditto.)

Muslim (ditto)

AN Other.

See, there is so much conflict in the idealogy of those three monotheistic religions, yet, in the end, they are all bound together by this idea that there is a single 'creator', and that creator is god.

Given that not all of the religions can be right at the same time, due to aforementioned conflict in idealogy, God must have been one of those religions, or none of them. So, which is it?

Of course, there is always the chance that he did not have a great deal of self confidence (wasn't he rather shy, always afraid to show his face..?), and this self confidence led to lack of self belief, in which case, God would be an atheist, as he did not believe in himself! ;)
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: So. If god exists then, what religion was he?

Clearly Jesus was a Southern Baptist.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Yeah, Jesus, but he was only a footsoldier.

We're talking the G Man here, the top boy.

Do you think god was incredibly shy, as well.

What is that verse in the Babble about no one being able to see his face..?

Or perhaps he was just really, really ugly.

:)

Im pretty sure that if there was a god he would be an Atheist but in the sence that religion to him would be irrelevant, its like looking at a fishbowl, youre quite happy to observe them but you really dont give a crap about what they do or what they think

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

The other Baptists will have a problem with that. :rolleyes:

LM

Quote Originally Posted by coosjoaquin
    Im pretty sure that if there was a god he would be an Atheist but in the sence that religion to him would be irrelevant, its like looking at a fishbowl, youre quite happy to observe them but you really dont give a crap about what they do or what they think
    That's why they are called "luke warm" and in the last book of the bible, he will reject them and they will burn.

Lady Mod

I'd hope that if it's ever proven that god exists, that he's a much nicer and accepting guy than what I can tell of his followers. I'd buy him a beer.

Or her, of course.

I'd hope that if it's ever proven that god exists, that he's a much nicer and accepting guy than what I can tell of his followers. I'd buy him a beer.

Or her, of course.
    Me too. ;)

LM

Or her, of course.
    lol id like to do something like that too, maybe invite him and my friends to a game of dow and see if we can take hin on 7to1(then get pissed when we cant)

hed have to be pretty omnipotent to pay attention to us though, i imagine that a good proportion of the entire human populace will be there and would like some of gods attention, which if you include the number of people who have ever been or ever will be it means that hes going to be pretty busy all the time

I doubt that god is either a he or a she(though its possible), for people back when they knew very little and man was dominant it would have made sence for god to appear like a man but biologically it doesnt make sense for a single being to have a gender or even have a concept of sex(of course not that most people didnt know this already but were just used to calling god a he)

Foo Fighter Guest

God would pay homage to his/her/its creator (?) You figure it out.

well it's my opinion he forgot and so he decided to let the "little" people figure it out FOR him since he has no pressing reason to know!?"let it be for each whatever they decide"!?he was heard to mutter over a brew!?so there ya go,things are F'd up cause god gets drunk too much!?one of the irresistable privileges of OWNING the vineyard!?hehe!!....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

The worshipers create the religion, not the worshipee. Didn't they teach you that in Sunday School?
    Scientists animated by the purpose of proving that Nature is purposeless constitute an interesting subject for study. - Alfred N. Whitehead

Quote Originally Posted by FrogSkins
    The worshipers create the religion, not the worshipee. Didn't they teach you that in Sunday School?

:D Sunday School? LOL, I had better things to do on a Sunday! Anyway, why did his flock have to create so many, all with conflicting messages? Was god not very good at getting a simple message out?

Quote Originally Posted by FrogSkins
    i have to say that if this is true then chances are no religion even has any idea at all of what god wants(assuming god exists)

It was a bet God and his mates bet a 6 pack of beer that he could not create a world with people then have the people it destroy themselves.

So it looks like we are going to win the bet for him, well done everyone

That is very elementary people. Since God has a name, God is just a title, it therefore is not a name at all, just a title. YHWY but no one knows the exact way to say the Creator's name. There are many different ways to say his name in each country. But since we call him in America, Jehovah, it is obvious, He is a Witness of his own name, Jehovah Witness, therefore his religion is directly from the HOLY BIBLE. As his Son is a Jehovah's Witness also. Yahweh, is God's name in other countries. So you see people, it is so elementary!