+ Reply to Thread

War of Iraq does not cost a Penny to the US

Many of the posts in this forum say that the war in Iraq has cost and continues to cost big bucks to the American tax payer.
    Well…. Let me tell you that the supporters of this idea are either fooling themselves or try to fool others.
    In fact, everybody knows that over 90 % of the big bill is paid by the sales of Iraqi Oil.
    However, I think that the American nation is paying a heavy bill with regard to the brave American soldiers who are fighting for a cause that is not even understood by most of them.
    Of course against every death of an American soldier, there are dozens of innocent Iraqi civilians.
    That is the heavy bill !!!!!!

Re: War of Iraq does not cost a Penny to the US

So, a long time ago in the army a buddy of mine was reading a book where the protagonist used the word "facemask" in bars, restaurants etc., whenever a beautiful woman stepped in the room. I suggest that we do the same to help identify nut jobs.. not beautiful women.

I think I will create a word that we [both left and right] can use to identify certain individuals who simply invent new realities as they see it, who then throw it onto the forum. There's that one Indian guy who talks about earthquakes and hates Lady Mod and then there was some other one that several of us pointed out, can't remember his name. I believe this... bombardy to be one of these types of individuals.

So, how about... ohh..... hmmm, let's see... how about... Protoplasm? As soon as an individual steps in, opens mouth etc. The first poster would simply say this one word.

Protoplasm.

Unless someone else has a better word. See, this would have been handy when BVR came, but alas... he appears to be part of the woodwork, kind of like that crazy cousin that stinks and pees his pants at family reunions that most try to avoid but undoubtedly someone has to sit next to when it comes time to eat.
    Last edited by Batarang Force - Apostate; 08-25-2007 at 04:20 AM.

Great….
    This is exactly what happens to the American government when forced to face the reality. (they start to talk like Batarang)
    Many thanks to "Batarang" who described this state of panic so well…

Off your meds again?

all the money gained from the Iraqi oil is, not surprisingly, going to the oil companies; which is in turn not ending up in the pockets of the American people. This war has hurt the American people; from cut health benefits to college financial aid.

Quote Originally Posted by bombardy
    Many of the posts in this forum say that the war in Iraq has cost and continues to cost big bucks to the American tax payer.
    Well…. Let me tell you that the supporters of this idea are either fooling themselves or try to fool others.
    In fact, everybody knows that over 90 % of the big bill is paid by the sales of Iraqi Oil.

HUH? Where do you find this information. I've done a dozen searches and still can't find anything to back that assumption.

he is off... his meds!

a few very ill informed individuals out and about huh?

Quote Originally Posted by bombardy
    However, I think that the American nation is paying a heavy bill with regard to the brave American soldiers who are fighting for a cause that is not even understood by most of them.
    Of course against every death of an American soldier, there are dozens of innocent Iraqi civilians.
    That is the heavy bill !!!!!!

So, basically, what you're saying is they're dying for Texaco.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill