+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tony Snow announces he's resigning as Press Secretary. The left wishes him well

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    ...there are some pretty nasty ones there.
    Well, I went to the LGF link of yours Ian, and I looked at the first 20 comments, and I'll be dammed if I can find one of those that say that they hope she dies, or that she suffers, or that this punishes her family or anything like that. So what comments did you find "Pretty nasty"?

#1 Sharmuta 3/22/2007 2:10:14 pm PDT reply quote report

I have to say- I think it's disgusting that he is putting his career over being with his wife in her difficult time.

Prayers for you, Mrs. Edwards, but your husband is a jerk in my opinion.

#2 MacGregor 3/22/2007 2:10:53 pm PDT reply quote report

Hope things go alright for her. He's an idiot.

#3 Rich Byrd 3/22/2007 2:11:24 pm PDT reply quote report

It's sad, but it's guaranteed this will be politicized, when all it really is, is a personal tragedy.

#4 KSK 3/22/2007 2:12:36 pm PDT reply quote report

I withhold my judgement. It may very well be her who wants him to go on.

Not judging Edwards the politician but he seems to have a close knit fine family.

#5 mama winger 3/22/2007 2:12:46 pm PDT reply quote report

The Edwards family has certainly had their share of heartache. I pray for Mrs. Edwards continued strength in the days ahead. I pray for her little ones. I do wish their dad would stay home and help take care of both they and their mother. I can't help it - I am old-fashioned that way. This is a time for family - America has many people she can draw on for political candidates. Family first. Illness is hard enough without grueling campaign schedules.

My two cents.

#6 armaros 3/22/2007 2:13:29 pm PDT reply quote report

Kudos for him and Her in continuing the campaign. I hope she wanted him to continue and not the other way around.

#7 Persistor 3/22/2007 2:14:21 pm PDT reply quote report

The five-year survival rate for Stage 4 breast cancer, the type Mrs. Edwards has, is around 26%.

I cannot say I endorse their decision to stay in the campaign. Not because I disagree with him politically (though I do); but because I know from personal experience how this time may be hard enough on their two young children, even if Mr. Edwards stayed home with them as much as possible.

But that is their decision to make, and I wish them all the best with it.

#8 Dragon Drop 3/22/2007 2:14:30 pm PDT reply quote report

I can only wonder: what would the moonbats say if it were Cheney's wife?

#9 Sharmuta 3/22/2007 2:14:40 pm PDT reply quote report

"I wouldn't have been shocked — although I would have been disappointed in a major way — if he had gotten out of the campaign," Byrd said. "I'm not surprised at all that Elizabeth was more than likely the one saying, 'You will not get out of this campaign.'"
    As the wife of a lawyer turned politician I'm sure she's learned her place by now. Sad. She should be his priority, not the White House.

#10 Kitty 3/22/2007 2:14:53 pm PDT reply quote report

As a survivor of breast cancer I pray that there are others to be there for her - there is no higher calling for a spouse than to sit with you through the dark nights.

#11 jehu 3/22/2007 2:15:17 pm PDT reply quote report

Prayers for her, continual disgust for him. I hope he can find a doctor to treat her that he didn't sue out of existence so he could live in the "other," America.

#12 Killgore Trout 3/22/2007 2:15:50 pm PDT reply quote report

#1 Sharmuta
    I've been thinking about this; It must be an agonizing decision to make. If he drops out of the race to spend more time with her she's going to feel guilty for being a burden. If he continues to run, the campaign is going to take away from what limited time he may have left with her. There are no good choices on this one.

#13 goforbroke 3/22/2007 2:15:56 pm PDT reply quote report

I wish her all the best! To bad this flairs up when her partner has so much to do. Breck should try some of his channeling for some answers.

#14 jooly 3/22/2007 2:15:58 pm PDT reply quote report

We are very optimistic about this . . .
    They are in denial about it. But, who wouldn't be? The prognosis is not very good and I believe he will drop out of the campaign.

#15 Persistor 3/22/2007 2:16:28 pm PDT reply quote report

#1 Sharmuta:

I have to say- I think it's disgusting that he is putting his career over being with his wife in her difficult time.

And I have to say, what you just said is terrible.

Elizabeth Edwards is every bit a dedicated politician as her husband. She frequents the political blogs often. He wouldn't be doing this if she didn't want him to. Heck, I'll bet she insisted on it.

Folks,
    let's set a good example here and not stoop to the level of the Left, making political hay out of a deeply personal tragedy. Cancer is non-partisan.

#16 Mike C. 3/22/2007 2:16:29 pm PDT reply quote report

I wish Mrs. Edwards the best of luck in this forthcoming struggle, and I sincerely hope Mr. Edwards keeps her foremost in his mind at all times, and puts his fullest efforts to her support. I'll refrain from any political comments, and it would invoke a bit of class if others would do so as well.

#17 mama winger 3/22/2007 2:16:44 pm PDT reply quote report

#10 Kitty

I am glad things are going well for you - Much good health in the future!

#18 Amy 3/22/2007 2:17:08 pm PDT reply quote report

I don't think Edwards is to blame here. I have a feeling that they discussed it between themselves, and she strongly urged him to stay in the race, at least for now.

#19 Iron Fist 3/22/2007 2:18:14 pm PDT reply quote report

#9 Sharmuta,

Indeed. His duty is to her right now. He should put aside his personal ambition. I don't say this as a partisan. He can't win, anyway.

Even if he could, he ows a closer duty. That he fails it in the name of his ego speaks badly of him.

#20 Mike C. 3/22/2007 2:18:20 pm PDT reply quote report

# 12 K T

Excellent thought.

Re: Tony Snow announces he's resigning as Press Secretary. The left wishes him well

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Hey chocho, you failed to mention that a number of those you posted are not liberals. They are conservatives or moderates that the lefty's there call "Trolls".

If you are trying to make the point that not all of the liberals there are despicable hate mongers, I have acknowledged that for a long time. Now if you want to make a comparison between the right and left, then I suggest you go to the largest conservative blog sites and look up stories like when it was announced about Elizabeth Edwards having cancer, or when that Democratic senator fell ill about 6 months ago. Check out the comments from conservatives, and you will see a huge difference in the amount of class and human compassion shown by the posters from the right, compared to what the commenter's on Kos and Huffington show.

I'm not trying to make a comparison between "right" and "left". You are. You seem to have some kind of vested interest in fostering hatred and divide, and I do not understand why.

If you bothered to read the posts I grabbed from page 1, you would have seen that there are several of them that SPECIFICALLY state that they don't like Snow, don't support Bush et al, and are Dems.

Yet they do not wish Snow ill.

You just can't stand the thought that there are LIBERALS who are human beings.

I am SICK to death of constantly being generalized by you. You should know better. I believe you do know better.

And DO NOT bring up Elizabeth Edwards. You really do not want to start dredging up references to how many Bushie mouthpieces slammed the Edwards for continuing with their campaign. How many of THEM accused the Edwards of pimping her cancer for votes. Including some of your idols like Hannity, Coulter, and Lushbaugh for starters.

Tony Snow was not one of them. To his credit.

I didn't research any of those comment posters to find out what their political affiliations were. You didn't either. So STFU.

And as rebuttal, you post from a right-wing blog. As though that proves what? That right wingers love right wingers?

You think if Bill Clinton were diagnosed with terminal cancer left wing blog comments would be slamming him? You have proved nothing except displaying more of the polarized ca*p you seem to love so much.

If you want to speak to SPECIFIC liberal opinions expressed by specific people, then by all means do so.

But if you want to continue to post ignorant BS about "the liberal left" then STFU. And expect to be hammered for your stupidity.

What do you possibly think you gain by posting this cr*p? All you do, and continue to do, is to lose what support you have among those of us who try to treat you with some modicum of respect.

And FU with your "class and human compassion". As an avowed Bushie, you openly adore a man who would not know, nor has experienced, either one. So your judgement on those issues is severely called into question.

Words matter. You keep saying that you don't mean to imply that ALL liberals are the same, yet you keep generalizing right along. Often in sequential posts.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Uh, no, you can just edit one out and it bumps the rest up a number. Not that hard. Probably even a default. And there are plenty of examples I've read about over the years of LGF having to edit out comments because of the same type of garbage you're complaining about. Almost all political blogs do this, I don't see the big deal. It's even pretty necessary at times.

I sure would like the ability to edit out some lunatic like BVR if he and his idiot friends decided to raid my politics blog, if I had one. I have a life.

But again, you don't seem to like dealing with individuals. Instead you seem to take the actions of a fringe and use it as a raionalization for generalizing, stereotyping and generally writing off everybody that leans one way or the other, always in relation to yourself.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 08-19-2007 at 02:35 AM.

Uh, no, you can just edit one out and it bumps the rest up a number. Not that hard. Probably even a default. And there are plenty of examples I've read about over the years of LGF having to edit out comments because of the same type of garbage you're complaining about. Almost all political blogs do this, I don't see the big deal. It's even pretty necessary at times.

I sure would like the ability to edit out some lunatic like BVR if he and his idiot friends decided to raid my politics blog, if I had one. I have a life.

Still waiting for that proof Ian... We (those of us on the right) have plenty of examples of the liberal media editing their stories, along with liberal blogs editing their comments. It's as easy as taking a screen shot, and surely if the conservative blogs are guilty of doing that, there is a screen shot or some other kind of proof you can provide that backs up your claim... Right?

You know, I don't expect chocho or anyone else from the left ...BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Don't expect me to respond courteously to your pathetic deluded posts from now on either. Nor to speak up in your defense the next time someone calls for you to be banned.

I have always treated you as an individual. Yet you do not have the decency or class to do the same to me.

FU and your myopic generalizations. You WANT a divide in this country. You WANT us to hate each other and to find no common ground. You WANT us to be at each others throats, to de-humanize each other, and treat each other with contempt.

So FU.

Jesus, I'm not trolling through ridiculous partisan blogs to find exact parallels of what you've found. It's inane and a waste of my time. If you prefer to take that as a concession of some sort so you can parade around in a victory dance, feel free to do so. I'll watch.

In the meantime, enjoy (it was a first google hit for "little green footballs" "censor"):

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwa...ent/index.html

I suppose google is just another left leaning, biased search engine.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 08-19-2007 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocho
    Don't expect me to respond courteously to your pathetic deluded posts from now on either. Nor to speak up in your defense the next time someone calls for you to be banned.

I have always treated you as an individual. Yet you do not have the decency or class to do the same to me.

FU and your myopic generalizations. You WANT a divide in this country. You WANT us to hate each other and to find no common ground. You WANT us to be at each others throats, to de-humanize each other, and treat each other with contempt.

So FU.

What are you so bent about chocho?

I didn't single you out or accuse you of being a hate monger like the ones I posted from the Huffington post.

The only criticism I had for you on what you posted, was that some of those "Well wishers" (or what ever they were) were not even liberals. They were labeled as "Trolls" by the faithful there.

Calm down man... I have no personal issue with you.

Jesus, I'm not trolling through ridiculous partisan blogs to find exact parallels of what you've found. It's inane and a waste of my time. If you prefer to take that as a concession of some sort so you can parade around in a victory dance, feel free to do so. I'll watch.
    It's not about a "Victory" Ian, it's about what I said to you on another thread

When I make posts like this, I'm not saying that is what all the liberals in America, or on this board stand for. What I am saying is, this is what has become the beliefs that main stream liberals and far left democrats have chosen to embrace today, and it is not only disgusting, but it's damaging to our nation...

If this was unusual, or some sort of rare event, it would be different... But it isn't. This happens all too often and if people like myself don't point this out, how will it ever change? My hope for the left is the same hope I have for moderate Muslims. I hope that by pointing this kind of disgusting behavior out, that the moderate liberals who actually do love America, will rise up and take back their political party from the degenerates on the far left that have hijacked it.
    I know that my words were in response to the left supporting the enemy rather than America, but my motives for posting this thread are basically the same.

Yeah, in trying to say you're not generalizing and stereotyping, you're explaining that you are, completely.

It would be easy for me to parade those LGF comments, where they wish terrorists would murder former US Presidents, and indict the entire right with them. But you know what? That would be retarded. I realize that.

The left, or anybody left of you, is not defined by some insane blog comments. Neither is the right by theirs, which you claim do not exist. You're not defined by my sig file.

It's just an insane debate and an exercise in futility.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 08-19-2007 at 03:13 AM.

You know, I don't expect chocho or anyone else from the left ...
    Why am I bent? Because I am sick of your damn generalizations. See that up there in bold? THAT is a generalization.

I speak for ME. I do not speak for "the left". "The left" does not, in abstract, speak for me.

It would be more acceptable to me if you did have a personal issue with me. Then you would at least be dealing with me as an individual. As I have tried to do with you.

And do not throw up DC at me. I don't give a shyt what BS stupid-azz feud you want to conduct on this board with someone who pizzes you off. Deal with him yourself. I don't agree with some of what he posts, and I have said so to him in the appropriate threads. But he has as much a right to express his opinion as you do. So quit trying to drag the rest of us into your little Hatfield-McCoy drama. This is not a damn elementary school playground. We don't have to pick sides.

Yeah, I'm pizzed. I (and others) have asked you several times now to deal with us as individuals. If you bothered to read our posts without your Bush-colored glasses on, you would see that many of us who you lump together as "the liberal left" are not of one voice on every issue.

Yet you seem to want to look for only the negative in your fellow citizens/posters. Why? Where is the upside for you in that? Where is the upside in that for any of us?

Well, I just think it is unfathomable that anyone from either side would be
    happy at the news of anothers impending loss in their fight for life.

Not directing that at you Chocho,
    just making a statement. I pretty generalized one I guess. ;)

And yes, there are several people that I would not miss if they were gone but
    no part of me could ever celebrate their suffering or death as I have
    witnessed "others" doing over Tony Snow. And I mostly have in mind the
    statements made on the Huffington Post recently...and I do think that is
    a left (at least leaning) wing form of media.

No one could ever loathe the Grand Decider more than I, but I dont even wish
    to see him suffer.....just go the hell away already. :D And shut the hell up
    on the way out! But I would be sad for him and his family if any of them should have to fight the big "C". No body deserves that. And no body
    should say they deserve it.....as has been stated by well, which ever side!
    Please dont lie, cheat or steal. The government doesnt
    like competition. :D

PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION.....ENFORCE OUR LAWS.:mad:

What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would recieve a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.[/B]

By D.B.