+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toothache cures

Toothache cures

I've been nursing a toothache for the past few days, and have found some interesting cures from people. I'm just curious as to what you guys and gals might come up with.

So far the only thing that seems to ease the pain for any length of time for me is a bologna and cheese sandwich. Don't know why, but it knocks the pain from an intense burning that I think must be what drive many insane, down to a dull but bearable ache.

Re: Toothache cures

800 mg of painkillers!?aleve/moutrin!?with food to prevent stomach reaction!?stop all sugar intake,dont chew there,and soak with hydrogen peroxide but dont swallow!?if after a day pain continues........consult a good proctologist!?LOL!hehe!!....just askn..
    Last edited by lexx; 08-14-2007 at 04:34 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Try dabbing some cocaine on the part of your gum where the tooth is aching. it used to work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Spamma Scammer
    Try dabbing some cocaine on the part of your gum where the tooth is aching. it used to work for me
    I know that one works, but, By the time I needed some more for pain, it was all gone for fun. :D

you should buy in bulk, that way you will never run out

you should buy in bulk, that way you will never run out
    If I could afford that, I wouldn't be suffering waiting for my insurance to kick in before I have it fixed.

have you seen the movie Sicko yet? i havent, its supposed to be good

no, I'd like to though.

Take a short piece of copper wire, about 0.5-1mm thick, heat the end with a lighter untill it is red hot, stick the hot part into the hole where the tooth is decaying, endure 5 seconds of excruciating pain, then relax as the tooth will not ache any more.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by 6seven8
    Take a short piece of copper wire, about 0.5-1mm thick, heat the end with a lighter untill it is red hot, stick the hot part into the hole where the tooth is decaying, endure 5 seconds of excruciating pain, then relax as the tooth will not ache any more.
    Ouch That would really hurt, I am sure... That means inserting this wire into the tooth nerve. A very sensitive area.
    I can speak from experience, having several experiences with toothache and absesce that the next phase of your toothache is an absesce, meaning that bacteria enters the exposed nerve canal of the tooth, travels into the flesh and bone area of the jas where the tooth is located and WHAMO! your face swells up, big time! Then, some REAL pain and only solution is a go to the Dentist, get prescription for anitbiotic, take the entire regime [dose] absesce goes away. Go back to Dentist and have a "Root-Canal" procesure performed, then tooth filling. No ore problems with that tooth. It is now just a dead item in the mouth. Also will be given pain medication. Don't fool around with this thing. It can lead to damage to your heart from the infection introduced into your body.
    Otherwise, and cheaper, just have the Dentist extract it.
    By the way, as I am writing this, I am just literally a couple hours away from having three teeth extracted and a partial bridge installed, after the extractions. Hell day for me!
    I went to the Dentist to see about a crown that was loose on a front tooth. Then another one broke off. Now I am facing about $6,000.00 woth of dental work to get just one portion of my teeth back in reasonably good order.
    Think I am not talking from experience?

p.s. you can also use the LEXX approach: drink a large quantity of Grog, then go to your tool box, get out the common pliers - large size, douse them liberally with the GRog to sterilize, drink some more Grog, then use the pliers on the tooth, get a good grip and yank it out! :rolleyes: :( :eek:
    Last edited by coontie; 08-14-2007 at 07:36 PM.

The infection is what worries me. I'm afraid I'm going to have to break down and fork out the cash for a dentist. I don't think it'll wait till my insurance starts. And I don't belive I have the constitution to do the hot wire thing, or the pliers either.

i had two pulled out last year. One of them swole my whole face up. I kept old antibiotics and used them whenever it would occur. i became immune to most antibiotics. The pain was undescribeable. now i make the most of not having a toothache or any pain. i always remember that time! :)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound
    The infection is what worries me. I'm afraid I'm going to have to break down and fork out the cash for a dentist. I don't think it'll wait till my insurance starts. And I don't belive I have the constitution to do the hot wire thing, or the pliers either.
    when I was very young, had a terrible tooth-ache. Ther was a number of people in the family and times were sparse, mostly money wise. We seldom went to a dentist. When we did, it was to get an extraction. The dentist my Dad favored was an old guy that had a mean disposition and was quite weak regarding ability to get a hold on a tooth and get it out quickly. It should take no more than 30 seconds and it is over. I had one experience with this man. He worked and worked to get the tooth out and hadn't really gave me much pain-killer. Scared the living S--- out of me and it hurt bad!
    The same day he was working on my Mom. Had her in the chair. I was standing there by her side. Suddenly she let out a yell and I hauled off and punched him good in the ribs and told him to quit hurting my mother. He told her I couldn't be in there anymore. Would have to wait outside!
    In times after that, I had a bad ttoh-ache, really bad and seollen. I didn't have any grog or pain-killers but decided to pull the damn thing myself with mechanic's pliers. I got hold of it and started working on it, but when I would start doing some good it would hurt really bad and I would get really dizzy from pain and pass out. I had to give up. Then the thing rreally swelled up. On the left side of my face. Closed my eye it swelled so big!
    It finally went down and I suppose the nerve was killed as it didn't bother me anymore.
    Yeah, I would go to a dentist and get antibiotic prescription. The, extraction or Root Canal. Now days an extractiojn will cost $180-$200.00 and a Root Canal about $600- after the procedure is finished and the tooth is filled.
    Of course you can go to a "dental college" and take your chances there. Those are people that use patients to learn on as they study their dentistry course. :rolleyes: They are much cheaper though! :D

i had two pulled out last year. One of them swole my whole face up. I kept old antibiotics and used them whenever it would occur. i became immune to most antibiotics. The pain was undescribeable. now i make the most of not having a toothache or any pain. i always remember that time! :)

God! there's nothing like being pain free and being able to somewhat remember the excruating pain of a toothache.
    What a tremendous difference!
    Speaking of that, have you seen Dustin Hoffman in the film The Marathon Man? If not find it, check it our and watch. You will never forget it.
    I will give you just three words for now. They will leave you wondering: "what the He--" until you see the film. Then you will know what those words REALLY mean. I can assure you!
    These words are: "Is it safe?"...
    Last edited by coontie; 08-15-2007 at 05:22 AM.

i'll have a look for it on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    when I was very young, had a terrible tooth-ache. Ther was a number of people in the family and times were sparse, mostly money wise. We seldom went to a dentist. When we did, it was to get an extraction. The dentist my Dad favored was an old guy that had a mean disposition and was quite weak regarding ability to get a hold on a tooth and get it out quickly. It should take no more than 30 seconds and it is over. I had one experience with this man. He worked and worked to get the tooth out and hadn't really gave me much pain-killer. Scared the living S--- out of me and it hurt bad!
    The same day he was working on my Mom. Had her in the chair. I was standing there by her side. Suddenly she let out a yell and I hauled off and punched him good in the ribs and told him to quit hurting my mother. He told her I couldn't be in there anymore. Would have to wait outside!
    In times after that, I had a bad ttoh-ache, really bad and seollen. I didn't have any grog or pain-killers but decided to pull the damn thing myself with mechanic's pliers. I got hold of it and started working on it, but when I would start doing some good it would hurt really bad and I would get really dizzy from pain and pass out. I had to give up. Then the thing rreally swelled up. On the left side of my face. Closed my eye it swelled so big!
    It finally went down and I suppose the nerve was killed as it didn't bother me anymore.
    Yeah, I would go to a dentist and get antibiotic prescription. The, extraction or Root Canal. Now days an extractiojn will cost $180-$200.00 and a Root Canal about $600- after the procedure is finished and the tooth is filled.
    Of course you can go to a "dental college" and take your chances there. Those are people that use patients to learn on as they study their dentistry course. :rolleyes: They are much cheaper though! :D
    I must admit, I've never had one pulled with out plenty of novicaine. The pain of the needle is enough for me. And good for you for defending your mother. I decked the dentist with the first tooth I was having pulled when I was 4 or 5. Not during the actual exstraction, but when he put that needle in the gum, my right hand gave him a uppercut from reflex. After that, he wouldn't come near me till his nurse was holding me down.