+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Who is sick of scam?

Okay, so for all of you newbies...I used to be a REALLY frequent poster. But...I got sick of all the same arguments, etc.

So basically, I've checked in from time to time just to see if I have a PM, but basically, I can't stand (nor do I have the time) to argue the same old stuff over and over again.

So who is like me? I miss my scam family but I just don't have the time (work) or patience to debate the same old thing over and over again. I've gotten into other things (like the sites for sick kids, photography and just kid talk in general)

Hit me back because I feel like I've been out so long that I'm probably an outcast.

Re: Who is sick of scam?

Glad to hear from you Button!!!

Hi Button,

I don't think you're an outcast... just someone who is bored with reading the S.O.S. over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
    Sure there's a few good posters... very few. I think you could count them on 1 hand :) Anyway... don't be a stranger & keep those eyes open... some good threads still crop up.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Hello Button. You do realize this thread makes you sound like you are whining don't you?

I find most forums are pretty much the same. 95% BS, 5% worth reading and talking to. Kind of like real life.

Lady Mod

Maybe you have had your time and newbies are just starting out. Bigger and better things must be on the horizon for you anyway. Maybe it is time to be more inventive with threads. i first started visiting here in May 2007 under my alias Paddy. It would be ignorant to say that people are going over the same things over and over again as there should be alot of new input. Maybe changes which have occured since the last post on a thread. Or maybe by new posters who have different opinions to those you have heard already. I can see where you are coming from. Maybe you can organise a new VIP chat room for "New Topics Only" and these threads are exclusive to posters who have been members for over 18 months.... just an idea....

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Hi Button - with some exceptions "Chat Here" forum seems like the best place. We have a lot of fun and I don't see much arguing, name calling or zealot stuff.
    Yeah, I know, every now and then some jerk-o-- slips in some cheap-shot item of their web link, or some lame come on about "did you know about, or hear about so and so; inserting the same and some promotional material.
    Anyhow, log on to the Thread "the Last Person to Post Here WIns". Maybe you can win!? :rolleyes: :( :D

Quote Originally Posted by Spamma Scammer
    Maybe you have had your time and newbies are just starting out. Bigger and better things must be on the horizon for you anyway. Maybe it is time to be more inventive with threads. i first started visiting here in May 2007 under my alias Paddy. It would be ignorant to say that people are going over the same things over and over again as there should be alot of new input. Maybe changes which have occured since the last post on a thread. Or maybe by new posters who have different opinions to those you have heard already. I can see where you are coming from. Maybe you can organise a new VIP chat room for "New Topics Only" and these threads are exclusive to posters who have been members for over 18 months.... just an idea....
    Having said that, the idea of an exclusive room for long standing members to chat amoungst themselves is very anti-social. It is like the way the people who run the world keep their communications secret from us, the general population. They do not listen to our views and they think that they are superior to us because they may know more about certain things. Hey, thats just the way it is so maybe an exclusive room is not such a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    Okay, so for all of you newbies...I used to be a REALLY frequent poster. But...I got sick of all the same arguments, etc.

So basically, I've checked in from time to time just to see if I have a PM, but basically, I can't stand (nor do I have the time) to argue the same old stuff over and over again.

So who is like me? I miss my scam family but I just don't have the time (work) or patience to debate the same old thing over and over again. I've gotten into other things (like the sites for sick kids, photography and just kid talk in general)

Hit me back because I feel like I've been out so long that I'm probably an outcast.
    You're certainly not an outcast. I feel exactly the same way. I still pop in and check fairly frequently (it's like an addiction, I don't know why), but even after I was away for 6 weeks I only found 2 or 3 new threads that I felt like contributing too. The intelligent, creative posters have all gone quiet. Either that or they're just being drowned out by the rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Hello Button. You do realize this thread makes you sound like you are whining don't you?

I find most forums are pretty much the same. 95% BS, 5% worth reading and talking to. Kind of like real life.

Lady Mod

I'm not whining, just making an observation and wanted to see if anybody else agreed thus I put it in the chat here forum because I wanted to chat. :)

It's not this particular website's fault, I guess it's just what happens when everybody wants argue about the same thing with no room for compromise. At least I'm not like some that start threads about threatening to leave scam, then never do :rolleyes:

I started posting here when politics really intersted me and I guess I thought I could make a difference, but thus I've discovered the best I can do is vote and that even that won't make too much of a difference as the candidates are never what they say they are. Thus, the lesson of life. My mother always said if you don't want a knock down drag out fight, never bring up politics and religion (she also said I'd argue with a brick wall). Everybodies got their own opinion and in most cases it will never be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Hi Button - with some exceptions "Chat Here" forum seems like the best place. We have a lot of fun and I don't see much arguing, name calling or zealot stuff.
    Yeah, I know, every now and then some jerk-o-- slips in some cheap-shot item of their web link, or some lame come on about "did you know about, or hear about so and so; inserting the same and some promotional material.
    Anyhow, log on to the Thread "the Last Person to Post Here WIns". Maybe you can win!? :rolleyes: :( :D
    Yeah that what I started looking at more recently. Not as much action but more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    You're certainly not an outcast. I feel exactly the same way. I still pop in and check fairly frequently (it's like an addiction, I don't know why), but even after I was away for 6 weeks I only found 2 or 3 new threads that I felt like contributing too. The intelligent, creative posters have all gone quiet. Either that or they're just being drowned out by the rabble.

How was your trip? Was America everything you thought it would be? You can direct me to another thread if you've already crossed this bridge.

How was your trip? Was America everything you thought it would be? You can direct me to another thread if you've already crossed this bridge.
    Everything I thought it would be and so much more. I'll start a thread about it soon, cause there are lots of people that want the full scoop. Its just going to take me a few more days to catch up with all the things in real life first, then I should have time.

Button, for what it is worth, I would tend to agree with you.

Indeed, tonight is the first time I have logged onto it, or made a post, in quite some time.

I suppose everything has a natural beginning and end, including one's interest in a given forum, then after a time, you sort of get tired of the same menu, no matter the restaurant, if you see what I mean.

I will look in from time to time, and make the odd post, like this one, however, one of the things that put me off posting more, and if this offends anyone, well live with it, it is my opinion, is that the people who post here are predominantly Americans, which in itself is fine, however, what is less fine, is that they clearly have no interest in anything that is happening outwith America, therefore, too many people are overtly insular and parochial.

Now, I live in the UK, yes, I am interested in what goes on in the UK, but I am also interested in what goes on outwith the UK, even if it does not effect the UK in any way, shape, or form...

So, these days, I just spend my time at my place, or the Dawkins forum.

Oddly enough, there are many Americans on the Dawkins forum, yet, for some reason, they seem more, well, how can I put this, they are interested in other nations and cultures, and not so much into this pseudo patriotism, etc...

Anyway, that's my take.

Take care

Steve
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    The intelligent, creative posters have all gone quiet. Either that or they're just being drowned out by the rabble.
    Now my feelings are hurt. :(

I'm not whining, just making an observation and wanted to see if anybody else agreed thus I put it in the chat here forum because I wanted to chat. :)
    I didn't say you were whining just that the thread makes you sound like you are. (i.e. the title) LOL.

It's not this particular website's fault, I guess it's just what happens when everybody wants argue about the same thing with no room for compromise. At least I'm not like some that start threads about threatening to leave scam, then never do :rolleyes:
    And I reckon you didn't have too many pursuing you in the time you were absent and talking you into coming back because you were needed either. :rolleyes:

I started posting here when politics really intersted me and I guess I thought I could make a difference, but thus I've discovered the best I can do is vote and that even that won't make too much of a difference as the candidates are never what they say they are. Thus, the lesson of life. My mother always said if you don't want a knock down drag out fight, never bring up politics and religion (she also said I'd argue with a brick wall). Everybodies got their own opinion and in most cases it will never be changed.

I converted at least one Neocon from the Dark Side to the Force and one might be in transition if not fully converted. Considering the usual tone of this site, I would say I might have made a difference to two people who might make a difference to someone else. And so on and so on and so on.... you get the idea. That's all we can really expect to do. Plant seeds, watch them take root, water and nurture until they become strong enough to stand on their own.

I talk politics and religion all the time. You just have to learn when it's feasible not to argue a point. Water dripping on a rock will eventually wear down a rock.

:D

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Last edited by sojustask; 08-10-2007 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Now my feelings are hurt. :(

Oh come on... you don't really think I was including you with the rabble do you?