+ Reply to Thread

Old Wife's Tales

Is there any truth to them? Does anybody have any stories about them or do you know where they may have came from.

How about making up your own Old Wife's Tale and posting it here?

Did you know that if you step on a rabbit and kill it, you will grow lots of hare from your ar$e

Re: Old Wife's Tales

Did you know that if you try to post after the hound in the "last post wins" thread, you'll grow floppy ears and bay at the moon? :p ;)

A wise man once sid it is better to be seen next to th Spammer Scammer than not to be seen at all :D

I have heard tell, that if you shove a POINted stick in your left eye, your dog will run away the next day...the right, your cat... :D
    Last edited by jigglepete; 08-08-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Also heard, that if a Japanese person does not masterbate enough, they turn Caucasion :cool: (BTW, these are not "cool shades" but in fact safety goggles to protect against POINted sticks :rolleyes: )

.........Lol

arn't we forgetting 1 basic premise!?the tale has to come from an OLD WIFE!?who else can ya trust!?hehe!!....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    arn't we forgetting 1 basic premise!?the tale has to come from an OLD WIFE!?who else can ya trust!?hehe!!....just askn...
    thats very true lexx, but in the new age- if the women can do it, so can the men :D

but the key to a hidden truth in the tellin of a tale is still the OLD factor!?it must go to experience and survival!?although the survival factor may be less dependable due to modern science and sociology!?or does it just change the nature of the tale!?make it less universal/understandable!?hehe!!....just askn..
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

what make's something "old"? does something have to exist for a certain amount of time to be deemed "old" if so, does anybody know what length of time this is? My Grandmother is old because she is 74 years old. My car is old because it is eighteen years old. My socks are old because they are one year old. and my thoughts i am having now in my head will be old by the time you read this as they will be in the past. Just a thought

in one sense you could say truth is the oldest thing there is!?you could also say the more experience 1 has,the more truths they learn!?whether universal or just personal!?and of course experience is related to or caused by the passage of time!?and a strange phenomenon of truth is that it is hereditarilly transmittable!?you might compare it to preparation!?(PRE-PARED pre-separated)you find yourself already PRE-DECIDED on things that are confusing/rejected by others!?this makes for a strong character even though it could represent something other than truth!?
    but,in general,isn't the term "old wives tales" seen by most intellectuals/youth as jibberish or lacking in any basis of objectivity/relativity!?and on another note,how can something old make all things new again!?that's easy!?truth is NOT THOUGHT!?it just appears/pokes around in the realm of thought with the intention of helping you get out into the pure experience of the forever NEW!?called luck,or love,or the best life that is possible to be lived by a person in this universe!?(hold applause)wait........WAAAAAIITTTT........ok.....NO W!!!...did it work!?try adding the orchestration of thus spake tharathustra by strauss (in 2001,a space odyssy)or the star wars intro music!?always works for me!?hehe!!...just askn.....
    Last edited by lexx; 08-11-2007 at 10:44 AM.