+ Reply to Thread

Who Go To Heaven, And Why?

The Bible is very clear about WHO go to heaven and WHAT those who go to heaven will do there, and WHY. So brace yourselves for some disappointment because YOU readers are not going there. But don’t despair because TRUE WORSHIPERS of JEHOVAH, the Almighty God, Sovereign Lord, Supreme Being of the Universe, the Most High, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 1:3) has purposed for obedient humans to live forever on a paradise earth.

Proverbs 2:21, 22:

“For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.”

Now, inasmuch as the Faithful Slave has prepared for our spiritual nourishment regarding this topic, might as well just enjoy it, instead of me having to compose it from my own lips as I am constrained with time regarding other matters. It will probably take a couple of weeks of posting. So help yourself. Try to answer the question/s that follow/s. It will help you digest the food.

WHO GO TO HEAVEN, AND WHY?

MANY PERSONS say, ‘All good people go to heaven.’ However, when asked WHY they go to heaven, they may say: ‘It is to be with God,’ or, ‘It is the reward for being good.’ What does the Bible teach about this?

[2] The Bible makes clear that Jesus was raised from the dead and that he went to heaven. Also, it says that other humans would be taken there. On the night before his death, Jesus told his faithful apostles: “In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and WILL RECEIVE YOU HOME TO MYSELF, THAT WHERE I AM YOU ALSO MAY BE.” –John 14:1-3.

[3] Clearly, Jesus was telling his apostle that they would be taken to heaven to be with him. The apostle Paul often told early Christians about that wonderful hope. For example, he wrote: “As for us, our citizenship exists in the heavens, from which place also we are eagerly waiting for a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 3:20, 21; Romans 6:5; 2 Corinthians 5:1, 2) Based on such promises, millions of persons have set their hearts on heavenly life. Yet will ALL good persons go to heaven?

Questions:
    1. How will many persons answer the question, Who go to heaven, and why?
    2, 3. (a) Why can we be sure some humans will go to heaven? (b) What question needs to be answered?

Next post: Do all good persons go to heaven? The Scriptural support will surprise you. Come back, will you? So you won’t be fooled by you-know-who.
    The internet is the last light of truth and hope...it is truly of the people, by the people and for the people. We must not let it be subverted for any purpose other than the truth. And that truth shall spread to every man woman and child across the globe. No longer will those in power carry the sole means to decide for us, yet we now shall have the power to decide to tune them out.

Re: Who Go To Heaven, And Why?

Whats this Paladine stuff about? You post like a Christian, but advertize a non biblical queen of other gods and a bunch of wizzard and elves.

Actually, its the "fooled by you know who" that interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladine
    the Most High, God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 1:3) has purposed for obedient humans to live forever on a paradise earth.
    This statement interests me also.

Do you believe that a person goes to heaven because of good-works?

And do you believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel?

Greetings to you, being lord from an alternate unreality.
    Michael the Archangel was Chief Librarian of the Lost Sea Scrolls

The city of Atlantis was about to become the Lost city of Atlantis yet only one person paid attention to the signs: a former lord of Atlantis demoted to a position in the Imperial Library. The Chief Librarian had no scorn for his position because he knew the true power of what he guarded: scrolls that held the secrets of Atlantean life and technology - the very foundation upon which Atlantis grew.

His foresight lead him to commit a felonious act (not that anyone would be around prosecute him), he stole the scrolls and fled to hide the Scrolls written by General Karnus ef Nimeau Magii away from all. Somewhere in the frigid depths of the northern hemisphere he bore the scrolls. A secret cavern, from his long past reign, was built for his pet (Lerumokai) - a supposedly extinct ferocious and ill-tempered creature with a salamander-like build that was rumored to have such fierce loyalty it would even sacrifice itself knowingly to allow their masters to escape - is where the scrolls were suspended. It is said that the suspension, similar to the propulsion system used in Atlantis, utilizes a special type of rare crystal (referenced in slang as crysalid however the real name and makeup remain unknown).

In this cavern where blood moves like molasses, the solitude of the once great chieftain and his lone pet has driven them both into bitter spirits. Only two have ever found this place, two young Atlanteans. The straggler was severely injured, missing several appendages, but survived long enough to recount part of their expedition to the medical staff between seizures and screams of terror (thought to be due to the extreme trauma induced by encountering a Lerumokai, the patient gave hours of bloody shouts about mystical blue glowing horns and piercing white eyes before passing. Lerumokai are suspected to have luminous horns however the optical description is new). It seems the librarian keeps watch from a balcony above the single entrance, his eyes glowing with an icy evil, holding his staff as a statue.

All accounts of this place are under extreme debate as many believe all evidence should be destroyed to keep others from a similar fate. As the city of Atlantis vanished in the deep blue the Chief Librarian knew he has a dismal future ahead of himself. He could not let the scrolls be destroyed and yet no one was worthy to read them and due to the concentration of crysalid structures in the cavern his life span would verge on immortality.

At the centre of the raging maelstrom a single tower stands, all that’s left of the great city of Atlantis, lost to the waves so many centuries ago. Home only to a myriad of gulls and the solitary remaining Lord of Atlantis on his lonely vigil. The tower serves one purpose, to preserve the vaulted lore of the Atlantian nobility and the secrets of their power – the Lost Scrolls of the Sea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chief Librarian was once a lord of Atlantis. Foreseeing the city’s demise he gathered the most sacred and powerful texts and took them to a place where no mortal could find them. He now lives in solitude, the sole guardian of the secrets that allow one to control the most powerful forces in the oceans.

Atlantis laid underground below the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, the descendants of the survivors have over time mutated and just 8 years ago they have found the library of the Lost Sea Scrolls as part of an underground underwater cave, all their wisdom, all their power, all their magic and all their knowledge has been found, so vast is that power that Atlantis will soon come back to the surface and they will control the Earth once more.

An expedition to the Antarctic was made in an attempt to recover the lost scrolls from the advanced civilization which was thought to be destroyed by the angry Gods. A civilization that had documented all of it's technological advances onto these scrolls. Once discovered, the crew placed all the scrolls inside empty wine bottles to prevent any further damage to the already aging scrolls. Along the way back, pirates which had tailed the expedition laid in ambush waiting to attack.

The expedition's crew not wanting the lost technology to fall in the wrong hands decided they must rid the ship of all knowledge of the scrolls. All the wine bottles which held the precious scrolls were tossed into the ocean. Most ended up in the bottom of the ocean to be completely forgotten. However, there were still some that were left floating, scattered along the water's surface. These were the bottles which could not be uncorked in last moments remaining. These corked bottles protecting the precious secrets of the scrolls inside may still yet be left to be found.

The remaining library of the lost sea scrolls.
    The internet is the last light of truth and hope...it is truly of the people, by the people and for the people. We must not let it be subverted for any purpose other than the truth. And that truth shall spread to every man woman and child across the globe. No longer will those in power carry the sole means to decide for us, yet we now shall have the power to decide to tune them out.

Yeshua (aka... Jesus) taught revolutionary ideas for his time. Some of which:

1) Money don't mean a thing... return them to "Cesar" because these are worthless.

2) Love your enemies, turn other cheek, concider everyone as more important than you. Selflesness is the greatest virtue... if somebody asks you to carry something for a mile... do it for two, if somebody asks you for a shirt... give them two.

3) Knowing truth is paramount. Religious rituals are worthless and were designed only as objective lessons of truth and do not hold truth of their own. Knowledge of God does not come through rituals but by changing the way what you think is important.

4) Morality is a state of mind. It is not what you do, but what you think.

These are just a few. There's not need to view every person as a threat to Christianity. The truth is, if what Jesus taugh is truth... then your safety and confort should be the least of your conserns... as he PROMICED that if you are following his teachings... you will be hated. By hated he meant... getting **** knocked out of you on daily bases just like what Paul suffered through. I don't think this is happening to you yet. That got to tell you something .

Here's what I observed about modern Christians that could be best described by the following exchange. It's made up, but nevertheless to the point.

I was new in the neighbourhood and one day I got a knock on the door. There in front of me stood a couple smiling and with flowers in their hands. They handed me the flowers and the conversation went in the following manner:

they: Hi and welcome to town. You are new here we see. Here are some flowers. Would you like to kiss Hank's ass with us?

me: Thanks! Who is Hank and why should I kiss his ass?

they: Well you see, Hank is a millionaire who built this town... everything you see around you. He went away and he promiced that if you kiss his ass daily He will reward you when he comes back. But if you don't kiss his ass, he will kick you in the balls when he comes back. And he will keep on kicking you forever.

me: Why would anybody want to kick me in the balls? That's pretty harsh.

they: You see it seems harsh, but it is fair. Hank built this town and the original settlers disobeyed him and littered. As a result everybody who comes in the town litters. Hank has no choice but to kick your balls, but he is gracious enough to let you off if you just admit that you are a litterer and kiss his ass.

me: Sounds pretty strange. I don't know about that. How did you learn about that. Did he tell you that?

they: Well, no. Nobody sees Hank really.

me: Well, how do you know he exists? If nobody seen him... how do I suppose to kiss his ass?

they: We know that he exists because of the town that he has built. Some other people who seen him also wrote down letters to prove that he exists too. And in the letters they describe what he did and what he is going to do. As far as kissing his ass, you don't have to kiss his ass directly, you can just kiss Larry's ass. We listen to Larry every Sunday, and he has a pretty good idea about Hank. We feed Larry and kiss his as to make sure that when Hank get's back he does not kick us in the balls. and he is coming back, you better believe it.

me: Did anybody else see Hank recently?

they: Well, of course! The people who moved out of town did. They say if you move out of town... Hank will house you temporarily in his mantion intill he comes back with them here to either give you a million bucks or kick you in the balls. Unfortunatly for us they never came back to tell us how great Hank is.

me: Well, how do you know that they saw Hank?

they: What are you, stupid? It says so right here in Hanks letters. It also says that in order to properly kiss Hanks ass... you need to piss only in the kitchen sink. Eat hotdogs without buns and 8 other things that are pretty much a standard around here. But nobody really can follow those perfectly... that's why you have to kiss Hanks ass to avoid a kick in the balls. So come with us to our gathering place. We have a giant statue of Hanks ass that we kiss every Sunday whule signing songs to him. We also have to pay him a tribute. Hank does not need our money, but Larry does... and it is one of the ways of kissing Hank's ass.

me: Those are pretty wild claims without substantial proof... how can you kiss somebody's ass based on those?

they: How about the town that you live in? And how about the letters... they say that Hank exists.

me: Well... Somebody stopped by two hours ago and say that I should kiss Bob's ass. How do I know they are wrong and you are right? I don't think I'm ready to belive that yet. But thank you for stopping by.

they: It will be sad watching you getting kicked in the balls while I'm counting my million when Hank comes back.

I'll stop now, and I apologize if I offended you in any way. But the point is... you approach people as these two approached me in this made up story. You have to let people make their own decisions. That's the whole message of the true Christianity. Our greatest gift is our ability to make independent choices. I don't believe that stars or tarot decide for us... we do. Your choice is all that matters... not Jesus choice, not GWs choice. Yours. So don't be surprised when you "knock on doors" and get kick in the balls instead of a welcome. Learn to respect people's choices and belief, no matter how stupid these may seem to you. I believe in Biblical God and Jesus's teachings as a way to salvation (from self destruction). I would not expect everyone to agree with me. And that's the beauty of the choice. I learn to respect and learn from other people's ideas and beliefs and respect these. I don't expect the same from you, but I think you should too... otherwise why are you here, but to push your own agenda?