+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hell is NOT HOT.....

Hell, is not a place of torment, it is just the "common grave". The Hebrew word ( she'ohl ) and its Greek equivalent ( Hai'des ) which refer, not to an individual burial plac but to the COMMON GRAVE of dead humans, also the Greek Ge'en na , which is used as a symblol of Eternal-destruction. Which is mentioned about Armageddon. Christendom's teachings have made up this doctrine that ll is a place inhabited by demons and where the wicked, after death are punished and some believe that this is with torment. There is no scripture in the Bible that teaches such a place as burning in a hellfire. It is unscriptural.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: Hell is NOT HOT.....

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    Hell, is not a place of torment, it is just the "common grave". The Hebrew word ( she'ohl ) and its Greek equivalent ( Hai'des ) which refer, not to an individual burial plac but to the COMMON GRAVE of dead humans, also the Greek Ge'en na , which is used as a symblol of Eternal-destruction. Which is mentioned about Armageddon. Christendom's teachings have made up this doctrine that ll is a place inhabited by demons and where the wicked, after death are punished and some believe that this is with torment. There is no scripture in the Bible that teaches such a place as burning in a hellfire. It is unscriptural.
    You are really going to "bum out" some zealot today with this explanation.

;)

Does the Bible indicate whether the dead experience pain? It is impossible for the Dead to be tormented, because they are unconscious, open your Bible and read Eccl. 9:5,10 "The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all... All that you hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nore knowledge, nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to which you are going. ( If they are conscious of nothing, they obvisouly feel no pain.) Sheol, the grave, hell, the world of the dead, in the ground the common grave, . Ps.146:4 " His spirit goes out, he goes back to his gound; in that day his thoughts do perish. Ps. 31:17 "May the wicked ones be ashamed; may they keep silent in Sheol." the common grave.

Does the Bible indicate that the soul survives the death of the body...what have you been taught? Only the Bible gives you the answers about Hell... more is needed so that you will all understand Lets go to Ezek. 18:4 "The soul that is sinning it itself will die. Humans are souls. I will go later on that one. The concept of "soul" meaning a purely spiritaul immaterial reality, separate from the body. THIS does not exist in the Bible. Although the Hebrew word NEFESH in the Hebrew scriptures frequently translated as SOUL, it would be inacurate to read into it a Greek meaning, NEFESH is never conceived of as operationg separately from the body. In the New Testament the Greek word pshyche is often translated as SOUL but again should not be readily understood to have the meaning the wrod had for the Greek philopsphers. It usually means life or vitality or at times ( the self) You can check out THE ENCYCLOPEDIA AMERICANA ( 1977) Vol. 25, page 236 For the reference on that. MORE.

Why is there CONFUSION as to what the BIBLE says about hell... do you want to know the TRUTH? I am sure you do! Much confusion and misunderstanding has been caused through the early translators of the Bible persistently rendering the Hebrew Sheol and the Greek Hades and Gehenna by the word hell. You all can understand that so far, good, The simple transliteration of these words by the translators of the revised editions of the Bible has not sufficed to appreciably clear up this CONFUSION and Misconception. Check this at THE ENCYCLOPEDIA AMERICANA 1942, Vol.XIV, page 81. Translators have allowed their personal beliefs to color their work instead of being consistent in their rendering of the orginal-language words. Say for example, (1) The King James Version rendered SHEOHL as "hell" "the grave, " and "the pit"; haides is therein rendered both "hell" and "grave"; geenna is also translated "hell" (2) Today's Enlish Version transliterates Haides as "Hades" and also renders it as "hell" and "the world of the dead." But besides rendering "hell" from Haides, it uses that same translation for geenna. (3) The Jerusalem Bible transliterates Haides six times, but in other passages it translates it as "hell" and as "the underworld.". It also translates geenna as "hell"as it does Haides in two instances. Thus the exact meanings of the original-language words have been obscured. HADES it corresponds to Sheol in the Old Testament. In the A.V. Authrorized Version of the Old Testament and N.T. New Testament, it has been unhappily rendered HELL. An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words ( London ; 1962) W.E. Vine, Vol.II page 187 Hell first it stand for the Hebrew Sheol of the Old Testament and the Grteek Hades of the Septuagint and New Testament. Since Sheol in Old Testament times referred simply to the abode of the deand and suggested no moral distinctions, the world HELL as understood today is not a appy translation. Collier's Encyclopeidia ( United States) 1965, Vol.12 page 27 I have to do but I will be back later in the evening. MORE information coming on this subject. Hell is not a burning fire, it is just the common grave when we die, even Jesus was in Hell, for 3 days, the common grave.

what about luke 16: 22-25~!?and what about spontaneous human combustion!?ever get a hot flash!?hehe!!....just askn...
    Last edited by lexx; 08-04-2007 at 03:03 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Why is Christianity an issue if it's all a hoax?

Why would 'hell' be important at all if the Bible isn't God's Word?

Do you believe that the Bible is God's Word?

But if you don't have a consistency of Hermeneutics (Bible interpretation) don't begin and start with a literal interpretation, and go from there, then the sky's the limit; anything goes, anything.

Adam and Eve are a spiritual lesson - they never existed. Virgin birth? only a parable. Jesus as 'God?' only a lesson, a parable, a story.

Death, burial and resurrection of Christ? Only a parable, a made-up story, a 'lesson,'....IF you don't have a consistent hermeneutic method and you don't begin/start with literal first, and then go from there.

So, how do you know that the existence of Christ, that He died, was buried and rose again wasn't some made-up story, some parable?

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Blah...Blah...Blah....

LogicallyYours< :D Blah...Blah...Blah....
    .........burp...
    Ur still a little snoot nose brat sink, you always were...grow up dammit! ur trouble, . I bet you got a big all seeing eye in ur living room besides all the fossils u stash under ur bed.......

sojustask, when you posted your post, I was still explaining things, I was typing still for the next post while you jotted down your post. You got to know me, I keep going, I have never finished. The other day I tried to get on and there were GLITCHES, so I could not get on. But I am back to tell you folks more. As for lexx, we will go to Luke 16: 22-24 Here we see that Abraham was dead in the grave, therefore, Lazarus was not literally in his bosom; consistently, fire is not literal. " Now in course of time the beggar died and hew was carried off by the angels to the bosom position of Abraham. Also, the rich man died and was buried. And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, he existing in torments, and he saw Abraham afar off and Lazarus in the bosom position with him. So he called and said, "Father Abraham, have mercey on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in anguish in this blazing fire." In this account, Luke 16: 19-31 , By what Jesus said about the rich man and Lazarus did Jesus teach torment of the wicked after death , The Jerusalem Bible, in a footnote, acknowledges that it is a "parable in story form with out reference to any historical personage. If taken literally, it would mean that those enjoying divine favor could all fit at the bosom of one man. Abraham; that the water on one's fingertip would not be evaporated by the fire of Hades; that a mere drop of water would bring relief to one suffering there. Does that sound reasonable to you? If it were literal, it would conflict with other parts of the Bible. If the Bible were thus contradictory, would a lover of truth use it as a basis for his faith? But the Bible does not contradict itself. What does the parable mean? The rich man represented the Pharises. ( See verse 14) The geggar Lazarus reprsented the common Jewish people who were despised by the Pharisees but who repented and became followers of Jesus. See Luke 18:11, John 7:49, Matthe 21:31,32 ) Their deaths were also symbolic, representing a change in circumstances. Thus, the formerly despised ones came into a position of divine favor, and the formerly seemingly favored ones were rejected by God, while being tormented by the judgment messages delivered by the ones whome they had despised. Acts 5:33, Acts 7:54 MORE.

lexx, that was suppose to read beggar, as for Logically yours and ' everyknee" Proverbs 15: 2 is for you, " The tongue of wise ones does good with knowledge but the mouth of the stupid ones bubbles forth with foolishness." The last part pertains to you. Proverbs 1:22 this applies to you two also "How long will you inexperienced ones keep loving inexperience, and how lond must you ridiculers desire for yourselves outright ridicule and how long wil you stupid ones keep hating knowledge? " Ponder and ask yourself these questions.

The word Hell says; from "helan" to cover, conceal. The word "hell" this orginally conveyed no thought of heat or torment but simply of a ' covered over or concealed place and hence was very similar to the meanings the Hebrew word Sheohl. In the old English dialect the expression "helling" potatoes meant not to roast them but simply to place the potatoes in the ground or in a cellar. This is from " Webster's New Twentieh Century Dictionary, Unabridged. ===== What is the origin of the eaching of "hellfire" Well, the ancient Babylonian and Assyrian beliefs the nether world is pictured as a place full or horros and is presided over by gods and demons of great strength and fiercness . ( The Religon of Babylonia and Assyria ) Boston 1898, page 581 ) ===== Early evidence of the fiery aspect of Christendom's ( false religion ) "hell" of ancient Egypt ( The Book of the Dead) New Hyde Park, N.Y. 1960 with introduction by E.A. Wallis Budge, page 144, 149,151,153, 161) ======== Buddhism, which dates back to the 6th century B.C.E. in time came to feature both hot and cold hells. ( The Encyclopedia Americana, 1977, Vol.14, page 68 ) Depictions "hell" portrayed in Catholic Churches in Italy have been traced to Etruscan roots. - La civilta etrusca ( Milan, 1979) Werner Keller, page 389 ) ================================================== ================================================== == But the real roots of this GOD-dishonoring doctrine go much deeper. The fiendish concepts associated with a hell of torment slander God and orginate with the chief slanderer of God ( the Devil, which name means " Slanderer") the one whom Jesus Christ called " the fater of the lie." Read at, John 8;44 "You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because the truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own dispostion, because he is a liar and the father of the lie." MORE.

sojustask, when you posted your post, I was still explaining things, I was typing still for the next post while you jotted down your post. You got to know me, I keep going, I have never finished. The other day I tried to get on and there were GLITCHES, so I could not get on. But I am back to tell you folks more.
    galaxy,

You haven't been typing anything. That is, unless you count CTRL+C / CTRL+P as typing.

If you're going to use another author's material you need to cite the source. What you've been doing thus far is called "plagiarism." You've been pawning off other people's stuff as your own for a while now, and it wasn't all that hard to figure out. All I needed to do was google a line of text to find the site you've been copying from.

Found the majority of post #10 of this thread by scrolling to the bottom of the page linked below.

http://www.heavendwellers.com/hd_ori..._word_hell.htm

Please quit taking credit for other people's work. You're going to get caught 90% of the time, especially when the author you're plagiarizing can actually form coherent thoughts, and you're still having trouble with basic subject-verb agreement.

-Y

Gehenna, people get this mixed up with the word "hell" . In Rev. 20:14,15 " Death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire." Lake of Fire" symbolizes everlasting destruction, without hope of resurrection as does "Gehanna" I know you don't know or understand this, but further education of this knowledge you will be able to comprehend this. I will write more and then get back to you on August 4, or 5. Jesus Christ, used Gehenna to represent the Worst Punishment this could befall a human, complete destruction with no hope of a resurrection ( this will happen during Armageddon) Total extinction. Matthew 6:22 , Matthew 14:28 "Do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." Luke 12: 4, 6 " Do not fear those who kill the body and after this are not able to do anything more. But I will indicate to you whome to fear: Fear him who after killing has autority to throw into Gehenna. Yes, I tell you, fear this One." Gehenna alludes to city dumps and incinerator outside of Jerusalem, ( symbolizes second death ) The valley of Hinnom near Jerusalem where Solomon built an high place for Moloch. Because some of the Isralites sacrificed their child to Moloch there. The valley came to be regarded as a place of Abomination and against God's laws. In a later period it was made for a place for dumping of refuse and perpetual fires were maintained to prevent pestilences. The New Frank and Wagnall Encyclopedia ( NY) 1950, Vol. 15, page 5576) ========= Gehenna , it became the common lay-sallof the city where the dead bodies of criminals and caracases of dead animals and every other kind of fifth was cast to burn. Smith's Dictionary of the Bible ( Boston; 1889 ( Vol.I, pe 879 ) More information next day or whenever I get back here.

We get the modern english term Hell from Hel or Hela the Norse ruler of the underworld.

There are alot of cultures that have viewed the underworld not as a place of punishment or damnation but a place of resting or trials and tribulations. A place that one needs to pass through before moving on to the "promised" land or rebirth and reincarnation. It would be a place that everyone goes after death and does not depend on your deeds or misdeeds within your life.

sojustask, when you posted your post, I was still explaining things, I was typing still for the next post while you jotted down your post. You got to know me, I keep going, I have never finished. The other day I tried to get on and there were GLITCHES, so I could not get on. But I am back to tell you folks more. As for lexx, we will go to Luke 16: 22-24 Here we see that Abraham was dead in the grave, therefore, Lazarus was not literally in his bosom; consistently, fire is not literal. " Now in course of time the beggar died and hew was carried off by the angels to the bosom position of Abraham. Also, the rich man died and was buried. And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, he existing in torments, and he saw Abraham afar off and Lazarus in the bosom position with him. So he called and said, "Father Abraham, have mercey on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in anguish in this blazing fire." In this account, Luke 16: 19-31 , By what Jesus said about the rich man and Lazarus did Jesus teach torment of the wicked after death , The Jerusalem Bible, in a footnote, acknowledges that it is a "parable in story form with out reference to any historical personage. If taken literally, it would mean that those enjoying divine favor could all fit at the bosom of one man. Abraham; that the water on one's fingertip would not be evaporated by the fire of Hades; that a mere drop of water would bring relief to one suffering there. Does that sound reasonable to you? If it were literal, it would conflict with other parts of the Bible. If the Bible were thus contradictory, would a lover of truth use it as a basis for his faith? But the Bible does not contradict itself. What does the parable mean? The rich man represented the Pharises. ( See verse 14) The geggar Lazarus reprsented the common Jewish people who were despised by the Pharisees but who repented and became followers of Jesus. See Luke 18:11, John 7:49, Matthe 21:31,32 ) Their deaths were also symbolic, representing a change in circumstances. Thus, the formerly despised ones came into a position of divine favor, and the formerly seemingly favored ones were rejected by God, while being tormented by the judgment messages delivered by the ones whome they had despised. Acts 5:33, Acts 7:54 MORE.
    It appears you've ignored my post.

I'll have to continue whether you respond or not.

Abraham was dead, in the grave, physically - so was Lazarus - but their souls were in the Paradise side of Hades.

This, incidentally, was not a parable.

For Jesus never used names when He taught parables.

For Jesus to use real names of real people - Abraham, Lazarus - but yet only 'teach a parable' would imply a flat-out lie.

Unless, of course, you believe Jesus lied.

But He didn't.

What Jesus described was a real situation that occurred in the past - three people in Hades (both Paradise and the place of torment), two of whom are now in heaven with the Lord, and the other who is as of now is still in Hades, until the White Throne Judgment at the end of the Millenium.

If you don't begin with a literal interpretation first, and then go from there - to parables, hyperboles, symbols, figures of speech - then the sky's the limit.

A proper hermeneutics must be consistent, and must begin with literal.

If the sky's the limit, then you have absolutely no foundation to say with authority that Jesus actually in fact was born of a virgin, died for our sins and rose again the third day.

Note, that Jesus mentioned an actual situation with real people also used the language of the day - Abraham's bosom didn't actually in fact to a person's torso.

You start with literal - does this make sense if it was literal? No. Then the term 'bosom' was a figure of speech used during that time.

When Jesus asked the Father in the Garden to have His cup removed, was He actually referring to a ceramic coffee cup?

Would that make sense? No. Next in line: parables, hyperboles, symbols, figures of speech.

Jesus was referring to His crucifixioin, not a literal coffee cup. But the actual situation itself - Jesus praying in the Garden - makes total sense when starting with literal. Jesus did indeed pray in the Garden

That Hades, Paradise, a place of torment, the Great White Throne Judgment wouldn't make sense to you is its own case study. Why wouldn't it?

And thus, why do you have a problem that a Holy God has chosen to create a lake of fire for Satan and his fallen angels? Why is this difficult for you to believe? (unless, of course, you happen to be an unbeliever to begin with).