+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another Dead-On ANN COULTER Column

DID I MISS THE 'HIP' PART?
    August 1, 2007

CNN commentators keep telling us how young and hip the audience was for last week's YouTube Democratic debate, apparently unaware that the camera occasionally panned across the audience, which was the same oddball collection of teachers' union shills and welfare recipients you see at all Democratic gatherings.

Noticeably, Gov. Bill Richardson got the first "woo" of the debate — the mating call of rotund liberal women — for demanding a federal mandate that would guarantee public schoolteachers a minimum salary of $40,000.

So much for the "younger, hipper" audience. Maybe CNN meant "hippier," as in, "My, she's looking a bit hippy these days."

Not counting talking snowmen, the main difference in the YouTube debate audience and the audience for the earlier CNN Democratic debate is that the YouTube debate had 173,000 fewer viewers in the 18-49 demographic. So it was provably not young and, on the basis of casual observation, definitely not hip.

As usual, the audience consisted mostly of public schoolteachers. According to CNN, the highest reading achieved on the CNN feelings-knob was for Richardson talking about public schoolteachers. (Some in the audience said they hadn't been that excited since the last time they had sex with an ******** student.)

B. Hussein Obama said he was for slavery reparations in many forms, but the only one that got applause was for more "investment" in schools. In Obama's defense, the precise question was: "But is African-Americans ever going to get reparations for slavery?" So a switch to the subject of education was only natural.

Moreover, a question on reparations has got to be confusing when you're half-white and half-black. What do you do? Demand an apology for slavery and money from yourself? I guess biracial reparations would involve sending yourself money, then sending back a portion of that money to yourself, minus 50 percent in processing fees — which is the same way federal aid works.

It was fun to hear the Democratic candidates give heart-rending reasons for not sending their own kids to public schools. Except John Edwards. He got a "woo" for sending his kids to public schools from all those "young, hip" Democrats whose greatest concern is how to transfer more money to public schoolteachers while reducing their workload.

The candidates all managed to come up with good reasons for sending their kids to private schools — with extra points for reasons that involved a family tragedy or emergency — but it didn't seem to occur to any of them that ordinary families might have good reasons, too.

In her first risible lie of the debate, Hillary said Chelsea went to public schools in Arkansas. But when they moved to Washington, they were advised that "if she were to go to a public school, the press would never leave her alone, because it's a public school. So I had to make a very difficult decision."
    "Unfortunately," she said, it was "good advice."

Was it really that difficult a decision not to send Chelsea to public schools in Washington, D.C.?
    This is how The New York Times recently described the schools in Washington, which it called "arguably the nation's most dysfunctional school system."

"Though it is one of the country's highest-spending districts, most of the money goes to central administration, not to classrooms, according to a recent series of articles in The Washington Post. Its 55,000 mostly poor students score far worse than comparable children anywhere else in reading and math, with nearly 74 percent of the district's low-income eighth-graders lacking basic math skills, compared with the national average of 49 percent."

So Hillary was dying to send Chelsea to the D.C. public schools, but "unfortunately" did not do so only because of the press? Did she also agonize over whether to allow Chelsea to play in traffic?

She was not dying to send Chelsea to D.C. public schools. And no Democrat cares about "education" or "the poor."

Democrats care about social service bureaucrats who make their living allegedly working on behalf of the poor — the famed "public service" the Democrats always drone on about — jobs that would disappear if we ever eliminated poverty. That's why Democrats keep coming up with policies designed to create millions and millions more poor people.

Democrats fight tooth and nail against any measures that would actually help the poor, such as allowing schools to fire bad teachers. They refuse to allow parents with children in the rotten D.C. public schools to take money out of the public school system so their kids could go to Sidwell Friends like Chelsea.

Most important, Democrats resolutely refuse to tell the poor the secret to not being poor: Keep your knees together until marriage.

That's it. Not class size, not preschool, not even vouchers, though vouchers would obviously improve the education of all students. You could have lunatics running the schools — and often do — and if the kids live with married parents, they will end up at good colleges and will lead happy, productive lives 99 percent of the time.

But Democrats don't care about the poor. They don't care about the children. They care about government teachers and other government bureaucrats — grimy, ****y women who "woo" at political debates. Or as CNN calls them, the "young," "hip" crowd.

COPYRIGHT 2007 ANN COULTER

Re: Another Dead-On ANN COULTER Column

You actually expect people to still pay attention to her? She's become a parody of herself.

Another dead-on column. Just saying that no one should read her doesn't make her any less correct, any less funny, or any less read.

Long Time Austinite Guest

When it comes to GOP twig Ann Coulter and her Palm Beach voting snafu, the fat lady has yet to sing.

While most expected the conservative pundit to be off the hook for good when the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office punted a voting fraud probe in April, the Florida Elections Commission now is investigating.

Coulter, a constitutional lawyer, voted in the wrong precinct in a Palm Beach town election in February 2006 after registering at an address that wasn't hers.

The Coulter voting saga is now known as FEC Case No. 07-211. The investigator assigned, Tallahassee's Margie Wade, wouldn't confirm she caught the case; FEC complaints are supposed to be confidential.

Still, Page Two is told Coulter already has been notified she's under investigation.

Who filed? WPB campaign consultant Richard Giorgio, whose stable of candidates includes mostly Democrats. His two-pronged complaint against the prolific boob-tube pontificator accuses her of false swearing and fraud.

more…
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_ne...

Long Time Austinite Guest

Coulter has ZIPPO credibility on any issues:

* Fired from MSNBC for mocking a disabled Vietnam Vet live on the air
    * Attacking widows of 9-11
    * Calling for the killing of John Murtha
    * Callling Edwards a *** (seems this ***** would know all about having
    sex with a member of the same sex based on reports about her)
    * Lost the battle of the Paula Jones case vs Clinton that she was involved in

ONLY A TRUE BUSH SUCKASS WOULD RAVE ABOUT THIS NON HUMAN ...

I got to admit that's the first Ann Coulter column I have ever read. Are all her columns like this?, good god the mouth on that woman! And whats wrong with schoolteachers making $40k a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by gussser
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????
    Take the Quiz! Are you left?Right? Middle?

The Quiz!

Ann Coulter Blow Up Doll Flops

ENCINO, California - The vitriolic blonde, right-wing author, blogger and 9/11 widow basher, Ann Coulter, is the model for a new adult toy, a blow-up doll, which debuted on November 7th, election day, and sales have been a huge disappointment for the manufacturer.

"We thought this was shooting fish in a barrel," said Jeff Larson, owner of the Encino based Adult Novelty Superstore. "We read the blogs, the fan sites, we know Republican guys have the hots for her, but apparently not enough to buy her doll."

Yet another disappointment for the Republicans, the Ann Coulter blow up doll.

Although she never approved of the creation of the doll, Larson said there has been no contact from Coulter's representatives.

The Coulter blow up doll was a manufacturing challenge, a direct result of her skeleton-like appearance and Adam's apple. "We went back and forth with our manufacturer in Taiwan and trying to get the look right required a little improvising," Larson explained. "The neck is from a male blow up doll and we had to re-engineer a series of molds to get the look right, well, right for Ann that is."

The grand total of doll sales was only two units, but recent news dropped that figure down to only one sold to a certain Mr. XXXXXXXXXXX. The man was previously arrested for sending threatening letters to Rep. Nancy Pelosi, and is know by authorities to spend most of his time locked in a Winnebago near San Diego from where he transcribes Coulter's crazed right-wing diatribes to a web forum known as Scam.com.

"I saw that story on the news and as soon as I saw the name, I knew one of the boxes I just shipped would probably be coming back. I don't think they allow blow up dolls in prison," Larson said.

Voters sent a signal to the politicians and, apparently, that same signal is being sent to sex toy manufacturers trying to create products attractive to Republicans.

"I can tell you the Michelle Malkin doll we had in the works won't be introduced to the marketplace anytime soon," Larson said.

"The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by luciano
    I got to admit that's the first Ann Coulter column I have ever read. Are all her columns like this?, good god the mouth on that woman! And whats wrong with schoolteachers making $40k a year?
    Yes, she is ALWAYS like this. I read a couple of her columns once, that decided me that she was not worth wasting my time reading.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    You actually expect people to still pay attention to her? She's become a parody of herself.
    Well, he got three of you to pay attention to him and that's what it's all about isn't it?

LOL, frankly I was surprised that anyone even bothered to post on this thread that wasn't a diehard Neocon groupie.

When I saw it had responses I checked to see who all posted. Geez you guys, if you don't like the woman, avoid any threads with her name on them. Let the sink into the black hole of dead threads. ;)

I only came to give that advice. :D

Yes, the truth makes some uncomfortable. I can certainly see where some of
    her remarks would hit too close to home for certain groups of people.

And hey, whats wrong with a "mouth" on a woman? Its called assertive when
    a woman speaks out and her sarcasm is an art form.

You go girl! :p :rolleyes: :D
    Please dont lie, cheat or steal. The government doesnt
    like competition. :D

PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION.....ENFORCE OUR LAWS.:mad:

What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would recieve a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.[/B]

By D.B.

what are the truths that you are refering to in the article?

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    the secret to not being poor: Keep your knees together until marriage.

Gotta admit that's true.
    DC You post on so many different subjects that it hard to keep up with it all. Unconfuse me---ARE YOU JEWISH?????

The Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    Yes, the truth makes some uncomfortable. I can certainly see where some of
    her remarks would hit too close to home for certain groups of people.

And hey, whats wrong with a "mouth" on a woman? Its called assertive when
    a woman speaks out and her sarcasm is an art form.

You go girl! :p :rolleyes: :D
    Only when it is tossed back in their own laps. Look, Republicans aren't any different from Democrats. None of the give a rip about regular people. I take that back, some do when votes are involved. (I nearly forgot, a Democrat congressman was in town yesterday, nice guy. We got his direct line to his office and he's gonna help my son-in-law get past some roadblocks we've been butting against to get some aide.) You can't get medicaid (as a man) in Arkansas or Texas if you or your spouse make over $200 a month. Ergo, it put my daughter and her husband and two children in a bad spot, work and pay the bills and try to be independent OR live in a shelter with the kids and hope that they can get medical help for my son in law whose kidneys are failing from a very rare disease, which really, he would just as soon not have.

The system sucks for those who actually try to work for a living but need help. If you are a deadbeat, you can get all the perks. But God forbid if you try to work and not be a burden on society, then you can't get sh!t. How ironic, the Republicans scream and yell, don't help those who won't work. But those who work don't get any help when it comes to healthcare.

Now I'm ranting. Sorry. I'm happy that the congressman was in town though.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by luciano
    Gotta admit that's true.

No it's not. It might help in many instances but that's not the answer to avoiding being poor.

There will always be those who are poor. Good people who are poor but will do what they can for themselves and ask no favors. There always have been.

But of course, we don't talk about them. We just lump them in with the deadbeats and generalize. That's the "New Patriotic Neocon" way.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Only when it is tossed back in their own laps. Look, Republicans aren't any different from Democrats. None of the give a rip about regular people. I take that back, some do when votes are involved. (I nearly forgot, a Democrat congressman was in town yesterday, nice guy. We got his direct line to his office and he's gonna help my son-in-law get past some roadblocks we've been butting against to get some aide.) You can't get medicaid (as a man) in Arkansas or Texas if you or your spouse make over $200 a month. Ergo, it put my daughter and her husband and two children in a bad spot, work and pay the bills and try to be independent OR live in a shelter with the kids and hope that they can get medical help for my son in law whose kidneys are failing from a very rare disease, which really, he would just as soon not have.

The system sucks for those who actually try to work for a living but need help. If you are a deadbeat, you can get all the perks. But God forbid if you try to work and not be a burden on society, then you can't get sh!t. How ironic, the Republicans scream and yell, don't help those who won't work. But those who work don't get any help when it comes to healthcare.

Now I'm ranting. Sorry. I'm happy that the congressman was in town though.

Lady Mod

Im not taking issue with any of what you said. My "truths" are that the
    teachers union is like a mafia/gang. There will never be enough money for
    them...the more we throw at them the worse the results in most states.
    They constantly want more of our tax $$ with little accountability and the
    union holds our conscience hostage by "its for the children". Oh puhleeze!
    And of course they congregate where their financial interests will be
    pandered to....ie Hitlary and her "gang".
    Please dont lie, cheat or steal. The government doesnt
    like competition. :D

PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION.....ENFORCE OUR LAWS.:mad:

What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would recieve a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.[/B]

By D.B.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    No it's not. It might help in many instances but that's not the answer to avoiding being poor.

There will always be those who are poor. Good people who are poor but will do what they can for themselves and ask no favors. There always have been.

But of course, we don't talk about them. We just lump them in with the deadbeats and generalize. That's the "New Patriotic Neocon" way.

Lady Mod

Of course not in every case but like 99% of the time, so that makes it pretty close to the truth.

The Quiz!